2018 Summer Internship Program - Finance, FinTech, Accounting and Marketing

2018 Summer Internship Program - Finance, FinTech, Accounting and Marketing

London Internship Program - Finance, FinTech, Accounting and Marketing

All internships are designed to improve your business skills.

In all of our internships, you will be assigned mainly business-related tasks, such as accounting and marketing, instead of administrative tasks. We will draft a training plan with specific learning objectives. You will have the chance to learn practical analytical tools such as VBA, Macros & Excel functions and professional software like Google Analytics & QuickBooks. Moreover, you will be supervised by experienced managers or executives who can mentor you.

Benefits of Our London Internship program:
1. Enhanced business skills and international exposure.
2. We will match you with a firm that will best suit you to reach your future career goals.
3. Make lifelong friends with other interns.
4. Sharpen your English proficiency.
5. A strong reference letter and significantly improved CV.

• Finance
Weeks Min.
Application Fee
Our London Internship Program Includes:

-Professional Internship Matching and Arrangement
-Accommodation [Catered (Breakfast/ Lunch & Dinner, Subject to availability) or Self-catered; Twin bedroom in a safe and pleasant area]
-Airport pick-up
-Afternoon British Tea and Tour of Central London
-24/7 emergency assistance
-Pre-departure briefing session to meet other interns in HK
-Welcome package (city maps, travelling plans and transportation)
-Insurance (Private Medical and Travel Insurance)
-CV & Cover Letter Consultation and Refining Service after the internship
-Visa Assistance
-Assistance and supports in applying for scholarship and funding scheme
-SIM Card & Travel Card
-An international community of Interns in London with regular optional meet-ups, cultural and social events

Hui Yin Clement

Worth the experience

The London Winter Internship 2018 organized by HKCareers had definitely enriched my experience. I was assigned to a property management firm as a marketing operations and business development intern. Throughout the month I was engaged in tasks like preparing financial statements for landlords and tenants, conducting market research on HK property market to estimate the company's expansion potential, and make presentations on our findings. I was “forced” to leave the “amateur” comfort zone and become semi-professional by learning quickly and picking up stuff, such as learning how to make a competitor analysis using SWOT and creating a perceptual map using Excel. It was a little tough but that's what you would experience in a fast-paced industry, right?

Overall, I learnt a lot from the internship and the programme is worth recommending to my friends.

Weekend activities should be organized lol, honestly. But it's no big deal as we can organize ours by ourselvesas well.

Wing Man Michelle

Fruitful Experience

I applied for an UK internship under the marketing field and was assigned to work at a digital marketing agency. The experience was up to my expectations.

Firstly, my supervisors as well as my collegues have given me numerous opportunities in trying out different tasks and guided me along the way. Within the 1 month internship, skills I gained includes: SEO, PPC, Adwords Research, Content Marketing and CMS etc. My daily tasks included blog writing and meta data / meta description writing, the sense of succes upon seeing the materials being published onto our clients' websites has been the happiest part of my job.

To add on, I would recommend this program to my friends as I think that the program has been well organized. The accomodation was prepared at Notting Hill, a convenient location that is close to the city center. Without doubt, the security level of the region is high. Moreover, staff from the organizers interview the program participants regularly and evaluate with the company representatives to continuously ensure that the interns are doing well at the company and are gaining relevant working experiences instead of carrying out low value adding tasks like photocopying and coffee making.

All in all, with the highly practical skills that I gained from this internship, I would conclude my winter internship at the UK as a very fruitful journey.

Great experience

I have joined the Winter internship in London. I worked in a company called Key Business Consultants as an Accounting Intern. I found it quite interesting as this is my first overseas job and the working style is a bit different. This program allows me to enjoy the winter holiday and also work at the same time. I have explored a lot more British culture, like the afternoon tea and also the New Year parade.

If there weren't a lot more interns in my company, they would have paid more attention on me.
But the program is generally fab!

Hin Nok

A great insight

Working in a consultancy firm, I learned a lot about private equity, funds, family offices and many more about the financial sector. The colleagues were all very nice and helpful to me throughout the whole internship, which helped me settle in. Besides learning a lot, I also gained a lot of insight as to what the business world is like, preparing me for my future career. Furthermore, I was able to meet more people and connect with more individuals, which helps my future as well. For future participants, I would suggest you to be brave, speak out more and have a good time.

I would suggest changing the afternoon tea to dinner like burger and lobster or having a steak together. Same price but we would enjoy it more.

Valuable Internship Experience

Valuable Internship experience in London, I placed to property management company. HKCareers provided a very professional matching and helped me to get my working visa. Nice supervisor, she is willing to teach me! Nice job of i can join different client meetings to broaden my horizons! Nice experience of living in London, an international city. We can meet different people from anywhere. It's a wonderful experience and I will definitely recommend it to my friends.

London Internship, Summer 2017

It’s been difficult as a photographer to get accustomed to traveling around the London area. I have a lot of shoots that are all over the city so I really have to learn the routes and get used to traveling all over London. A highlight of my internship has actually been coupled with one of the struggles. So getting to know London’s geography and the whole layout of the city has been a great experience to sort of learn what it’s like. And I’ve gotten to see some really great destinations. Great parks, great properties, great businesses and it’s been a really great experience to see the layout of London.

The program is great. It would be even better if students are provided with single room instead of twin.

A Memorable Summer Journey in London

You will be able to meet different people with diverse backgrounds at the accommodation. Necessary support and logistic matters are handled clearly.

The location which is only 10-minutes to the metro is convenient to navigate to the city. In the company I interned, though it is a small company in property management, I had a great time getting along with the colleagues and I was given lots of opportunities to have site visits, liaise with the contractors and handle a project to improve the operation efficiency of the firm.

More local tour activities can be offered to enhance the bonding of the whole group.
Improve the companies offered to students, in terms of the company size, reputation and establish time.

About HKCareers Internship Program

Leading Internship Program provider

Our internship-providing team based in London and Sydney have years of experience organising internship experiences with high satisfaction rate.

All internships are designed to improve your business skills

In all...