International Internships in London with The Intern Group

Roman Baths
Oxford St.
Intern London / The Intern Group
Intern London / The Intern Group

We offer successful applicants the chance to gain invaluable work experience in London, one of the world's most important and impressive cities. During your internship abroad, you will gain hands-on professional experience and build a network for your future career. Your internship in London will make you stand out from your peers.

Partnering with a range of companies, organizations and NGOs, our program will boost your professional development. We offer programs for people of all backgrounds and experience levels. We’ve previously placed interns at Quintessentially, Bell Pottinger and the London Olympic Games.

Your program includes accommodation, airport pick up and drop off, regular social and cultural events, professional development tools and workshop, 24/7 emergency assistance, a one on one career coaching session for alumni and many other great benefits. Apply now to our award-winning program featured in CNN, TIME and Forbes.

• Have a top-class international internship in London! Our personalized process ensures that you will be working in the industry sector of your choice, in a role that is tailored to your professional goals.
  • It makes your resume stand out! In today's society, everyone does sport, plays an instrument and is part of a society. As one of millions of young people applying for their first job, you need to find a way to jump off the page!
  • Make friends and professional networks in London and from all over the world! Whether you like it or not, it's not what you know, it's who you know.
  • For non native-English speakers improve your language! Learn English in the home of the English language.
  • Have an amazing life experience in London! We know that moving to a new place can be nerve-racking. Thats why our team on the ground is made up of Londoners who are there to give you support 24/7.

Final Places Available for Summer Internships

There are only a couple of places remaining on The Intern Group's summer internship programs in the USA, Canada, Europe, Asia, Australia and Latin America. Apply now to secure a space!

Hi Harshita! Yes, there are computer science and IT placement opportunities, for example, interns have been previously placed at Minttwist- based in London!
Hi Alexandra, thanks for your question! Yes, we do offer electrical engineering internships. Our hubs for engineering are Hong Kong, Chile and Madrid. All of our internship placements are in English as well.

Carolina
No, I don't recommend this program

I love London, but the Intern Group Team let me down...

Hi!

I had a 3 months program with The Internship Group. I came to London for many reasons. London is fantastic and I was lucky enough that the company where I was placed had an amazing environment, staff and give me the opportunity to learn new things and to even try to help the staff with my new projects. I'm truly, truly thankful for my time there.

Unfortunately I can't credit The Intern Group for the wanders of London or the perks of my former company. They only charge you and disapear. They have a London based team that only invites you to a Facebook Group, take at least 3 days in answering an email and during the "activities" invites their own friends and wont pay attention to the interns (who btw are paying their salary). And if you really need them for an emergency they will text you back a few hours later.

Although I have to say, your selling team based in Chile were very nice convincing me to be part of your program. No really, they where super polite, even talked with my mom to walk her through the details of the program, answered emails during the same day, even out of their own time zone.

My perception of the program would be so different if only they train / choose better staff in London.

I'm very thankful for what London has given me though.

- Staff organization
- Staff email responding
- Social media managing
- Control the coaches punctuality
- Improve Welcome package
- Customer service
Response from The Intern Group

Hi Carolina, thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us.

We’re delighted to hear that you enjoyed your internship and had the chance to learn a lot, as well as benefiting from an amazing workplace environment and team of coworkers. Our Placement Team are experts and we pride ourselves on our ability to pair applicants up with a host organization that matches their profile and goals. Thank you also for recognizing the quality of care you received from our Admissions Team, based in one of our Latin American offices in Chile.

We’re sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your time with our Experience team in London. We strive to respond within 1 business day or immediately in the case of the emergency phone, and we apologize for not achieving that standard in this case. This feedback is key to helping us to improve, so thank you for raising it. As for the community, we always recommend that our participants stay in the accommodation we provide so that they can make the most of the networking opportunities with other interns on the program. As a non-accommodation participant, we’re sorry to hear you didn’t feel the benefits of the program community.

Thank you again for helping us to improve.

Jamie

Really enjoyable experience!

I'm an Australian and I went on the London program for eight weeks. As a whole I really enjoyed living in London and building a network through my internship but in the end, it is A LOT of money to be spending. For my experience I flipped the bill myself and that really made me think whether I was getting value for money. I did enjoy the career workshops (the career coach is amazing!) and events included in the program but those alone, and the accommodation, should have not totalled to such an amount.

The internship I had was good, the people were amazing, and I learnt a lot. Just be aware if you're contemplating going during the holiday season, it is a slow time of the year. Most companies close (I had about a week off over Christmas and New Year’s) over that time, and the first week back of the New Year can also be a little slow. Just measure your expectations, there won't always be things for you to do.

Regarding the social aspect, the individuals on the actual program were mostly Australian or American (during my time from Dec), but don't let that dishearten you if you're looking for a more international experience. I interned with people from the UK (obviously) and Spain and ended up living with some Germans. No matter which way you look at it, if you put in the effort, you'll meet people from around the world.

Enjoy it while you can because I'm going to be honest, I loved it! Of course, there are going to be pros and cons, but you have to remember you're in LONDON one of the most buzzing cities in the world. There are always things to do and it's amazing. As an intern, I built an international network (my goal) and I learnt a lot about the industry. As a tourist, I'd never been to London and even in its dreary winter state, I fell in love with the city. It really is awesome!

In the end I'd really recommend doing the program if you're looking to work internationally in the future, just be prepared to fork out the funds.

We are paying a lot of money, more individual attention with the career coach would have been very nice. The company that the Intern Group outsource their housing too is hopeless; our heating went out twice and the cleaners aren't the most thorough.

Also, the price seems very excessive because when you add up the program cost, the flight (from Aus), the visa (if required) and living costs, you're either going to need a lot of savings or really generous parents. Either way it could definitely be cheaper as a whole!
Cooper

Amazing Experience!

The Intern Group was an amazing experience. They were extremely helpful in answering any questions I had. Once I told them where I wanted to work and in what field, they set me up with several interviews for internships in the London area. Once I got to London my program leaders, Nikki, Thomas, and Shivali, were incredible. They helped all the interns figure out how to get around London to get all the stuff we needed and were quick to respond to people who needed help. My internship at Bond Solon was amazing and my supervisor wrote me a great letter of recommendation.
My living at Liberty Court wasn't the best. I lived on the top floor with no air conditioning during a heat wave, so my apartment was unbearably hot most of the time. The people running the building didn't seem the most organized, letting the fire alarm go off continuously between one and three am before calling the fire department to fix it, and trying to kick my friend out of her flat before her internship was over. My program leaders were very helpful in dealing with these issues.

I felt that everything that I needed to do the internship could have been laid out more clearly. I felt like I would complete a five-step form, and the last step would tell me to complete another five-step form, so I never knew when it was over. Usually the forms required me to obtain and submit legal documents, so I wish that I'd known everything I had to do from the beginning.
I also wish that we had better accommodations than the place I stayed. No air conditioning during a heat wave made my apartment miserable, and I felt like the staff of the building was not well-managed.
Mordecai

The best time in my life

Experience
1. My time in London is one of the best in my life. I really enjoyed my internship and the colorful life in London. I worked in a youth center which provides housing advice to the homeless young people. As a nursing student, I got the chance to shadow the nurse in the center. The services provided by the center are unique and special. It ranged from basic services such as laundry and luggage storing to job searching and personal wellbeing. Every day, I got the chance to chat with young people with different background, some of them might have mental health histories and offending histories. However, there are 2 things in common for these young people, they are looking for a change, and they don’t want to be homeless. The communication and conflict resolution skills that I learned here are priceless for my future career and my life.
2. Besides, I got the chance to experience the exciting and colorful life in London. We had weekend parties, morning roof top beach parties and various cultural events. I am so glad that I am interning in London, a city you never get bored. If you are bored with London, you are bored with life.
3. The best thing about participating in this internship is that you can meet amazing young people from all over the world doing an incredible internship in London. They are all smart and talented. A small conversation can bring you endless insights and information about the other end of this planet.
4. The major difference between hunting an internship by yourself than through an agency like the Intergroup is that you get everything arranged and you can rely on this agency. They will help you sort out your concerns and worries.

Suggestions to applicants
1. 6 weeks program is too short for you to experience all aspects of your organization, and London. If you are financially capable and have sufficient time, I would recommend you to apply for a 3 months program.

I applied for this program 2 years ago. I originally chose New York as my destination. However, I was failed to match with available internships. Until one month before the start date, I was informed that no internship was available for me. It was disappointing. Then, I was placed in London. However, due to visa issues, I have to postpone my internship to this year.
Jakob

An Unforgettable Experience

This internship through The Intern Group has been my second work abroad experience and my fifth international experience in general. In other words, I'm no stranger to the international experience. However, that doesn't mean this time around hasn't been less fun than my previous ones, because that's simply not true. This internship was a perfect fit for me and it was just what I was looking for. The Intern Group helped me find my dream placement and the work I've been involved in is exactly what I wanted. Also, I was able to work in my favorite city, London! They were helpful throughout the whole process and that made all the difference. A truly unforgettable experience and one that I wouldn't go back on. I'd do it all over again... and again and again!

Adam

Interning in London is worth every £!

I have had an absolutely phenomenal experience in London! Every aspect of my internship and of London has been great. The events organized by Intern London and Arianna are fun and engaging, the ease of travelling to the rest of Europe is so convenient, and London is such a great city to live in! Throughout the course of my time in London, I have never felt bored or out of things to do.

The friends, professional connections, and experience I have gained on this trip are second to none, and I am so grateful I could come to London.

Working out some of the kinks in the housing would be the best improvement, otherwise it is in great shape!
Michelle

Can I stay longer?

I didn't know I would have this much fun during my 3-month internship with InternGroup. If I had known I was matched with a great company, office location, housing location, housing accomodations, and meeting a group of fun individuals all over the world, I would've stayed for at least 5 months! Ugh... next time. Nevertheless, the InternGroup helped me step by step along the way and they were there for me whenever I bumped into trouble. Even if they are not able to do anything about it, they gave me moral support, some advice for next time, and a virtual hug. I am so grateful and I feel really lucky to be in London with new opportunities about to unfold.

Maybe have flexible dates for each event? I was bummed I missed the Career workshop, but it would be great if I can attend next month's workshop instead of being assigned to attend the one I was supposed to go to because the events are all the same-just at different times and month.
Charlie

Look no further than the Intern Group

I applied for the Intern Group's London program hoping to achieve two goals: 1) gain valuable working experience, while 2) exploring a new country/culture. I was able to accomplish both goals thanks, in large part, to the Intern Group staff.

My experience living and interning in London significantly contributed to my personal and professional growth. The staff at the Intern Group were eager to help during every step in the process from my initial interview with them until the day I left London. It can be difficult to secure a position with a company that fits your interests and goals as well as find housing with similarly minded people in a great location, in a different country. The Intern Group helped me accomplish both. I quickly felt at home in London thanks, in large part, to their local staff. They were eager to help with all concerns I had which, made for a smooth and enjoyable experience.

I strongly recommend the Intern Group's London program to anyone considering living and interning in London.

Samuel

Sam's Intern Group Review

The intern group is a great way to go overseas and gain experience. I would say however, that it is very costly, so make sure you are right on top of your budget. The program staff are very nice and helpful. When it comes to the internship itself, it seemed like a bit of a luck of the draw. Because my internship was definitely not the best in terms of the work I was doing and the learning experience. However some other interns (my friends) got really good ones. That being said the firm I was at, was a very cool firm to work at in terms of culture and friendliness.
All in all I would definitely recommend the Intern Group.

The program could be improved in terms of timing. I was admitted towards the beginning of 2016 but I was not actually placed until a month before I was leaving. Leaving me very little time to sort out a VISA and book flights. Which was at complete odds for the pressure to pay the deposit on time which we were told was so that the placement team could get started right away. So I would definitely recommend quicker placement to help the intern book cheaper flights and have more peace of mind over their arrangements.
Amy

Couldn't Have Been Any Better

I interned at a fashion PR agency in Northwest London! I learned a lot about myself in a professional and personal sense as I got to experience another country for the first time and make friends from across the US and the world. The Intern Group was absolutely wonderful. They were incredibly helpful and prompt to answer my many questions. They made sure I was comfortable and at ease without being overbearing. They were organized, professional, and eager to assist in any way I needed. I am so thankful I was able to make an absolute dream come true to complete my degree and this opportunity was possible through the Intern Group.

Lena

Best experience of my life

This was the greatest experience of my entire life. Weekly meet ups, meeting new friends from all over the world, and learning the most about who I am. I would do anything to go back and do it all once more. It has been 2 months since I left and I still think about it everyday. Never did I think these 3 months would have this large of an affect on my life. Besides the social aspect of this program, my internship was great. They were really flexible with me and their main goal was to make sure I was learning from the experience. As long as you voice your opinion with someone on the team, you are sure to have an incredible time.

Michelle

Best decision I've made

I interned as a graphic designer for a Marketing Agency in London. The agency was located in East London. Very cool and trendy area. The placement was perfect for me. I feel incredibly grateful I was part of this experience. London is an extraordinary place. So much to do! So much to see! Thanks to Ariana (The Intern Group) I felt I always had something to do and people to meet. I was hired after my internship and I couldn't be happier.

Be more clear about the accommodation details.
Jamaree

The Unimaginable

Growing up in a city with population <500 people, I never thought I would travel anywhere outside of the country - that is until I came across The Intern Group. I found this opportunity to be one that contributed heavily towards my personal and professional experiences. Interning in London allowed for me to submit myself into the world of code and work with a team of professionals who treated me as one of their very own and gave me the tools I needed to learn more in 6 weeks than I ever have.

When I first arrived, my housing was accommodation was not ready. I had to live in a temporary spot for a week then move into my intentional location later. After an eight-hour flight, it was a bit tiring. So, I think the only improvement would be ensuring that housing is appropriately arranged.
Kate

The Intern Group London - Kate

I really had no idea what to expect when I first arrived in London, living in an unfamiliar country and not knowing anyone seemed very daunting. But within a few hours of arriving, the intern group had organised a social event where we got to know the other interns apart of the program. Making friends and finding people similar to me was extremely easy and without doubt my favourite part of the experience.

With a group a great friends (all living in the same area) we would all explore London together. Whether it was London's nightlife, shopping or visiting famous landmarks we all fell in love with the beautiful city.

The other great thing about this program was where I was placed to intern. Working for an events company allowed me to work in a professional but extremely fun environment, learn a heap of new skills and I also got invites to awesome parties for my friends and I.

I could not recommend this program enough.
I had such an amazing experience with the intern group one I wish I could do again.
I have made friends for life and amazing memories to share.

- better explanation of what's included in the group eg:
- letting us be aware that being picked up/ taken to the airport can only happen on days of the program (as it was included in the price you would think a few days outside the program would be acceptable)
- how to set up the 3 mobile plan
- notify other interns that all in included is the mobile sim and you will have to pay for money on your own account
- housing away from the 199 bus!!
Anthony

The Intern Group London (Review)

I had an amazing 8 week experience in London thanks to the Intern Group. Thanks to the Intern Group, I was able to work as a Marketing Intern for a fantastic company where I was exposed to a professional yet fun-filled office environment. My co-workers, along with management provided me with a fulfilling experience where I developed relevant skills in the field, whilst being able to enjoy the benefits of being in a workplace with a positive atmosphere. Through this internship I not only developed as a person, but also made friends and connections that will last for many years.

On a social level, my experience was equally enjoyable. I have no complaints about my accommodation, as the location was perfect and the utilities available were satisfactory. The housing situation allowed me to engage more readily with fellow interns, and made it easier for us to organize things together. The plethora of social events provided by the Intern Group during my time there really allowed me to immerse myself into the culture of London, helping me to understand the city on a deeper level and helping all the interns forge friendships. Aside from the benefits of having a great internship, this program gave me the opportunity to make friends with individuals from all over the world, and I believe that was the highlight of my trip.

Location:
Gatwick
( LGQ )
London Stansted
( STN )

London, although typically regarded for its architecture and city lifestyle, is made up of 40% public green space in the form of incredibly lush parks. London has created an environment where you can spend the day enjoying city life and then escape to Primrose hill, the Thames, or a walk by the canals.

Alumni Interviews

Staff Interviews

About The Intern Group

The Intern Group is one of the leading providers of international internships. Our programs are located in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia & Latin America. We place participants from all over the world in international internships that propel...