International Internships in London with The Intern Group

International Internships in London with The Intern Group

Summer Internships: Deadline Approaching

The Intern Group's summer internship programs are filling up. Apply today so that you don't miss out!

We offer successful applicants the chance to gain invaluable work experience in London, one of the world's most important and impressive cities. During your internship abroad, you will gain hands-on professional experience and build a network for your future career. Your internship in London will make you stand out from your peers.

Partnering with a range of companies, organizations and NGOs, our program will boost your professional development. We offer programs for people of all backgrounds and experience levels. Current student or recent graduate? Take this chance to gain experience that will make your resume stand out. Not sure what you want to study yet? Take a gap year to test-drive your career. Professional in transition? Gain experience in your new field.

We’ve previously placed interns at Quintessentially, Bell Pottinger and the London Olympic Games. Apply now to our award-winning program, as featured in CNN, TIME and Forbes.

• Have a top-class international internship in London! Our personalized process ensures that you will be working in the industry sector of your choice, in a role that is tailored to your professional goals.
  • It makes your resume stand out! In today's society, everyone does sport, plays an instrument and is part of a society. As one of millions of young people applying for their first job, you need to find a way to jump off the page!
  • Make friends and professional networks in London and from all over the world! Whether you like it or not, its not what you know, its who you know.
  • For non native-English speakers improve your language! Learn English in the home of the English language.
  • Have an amazing life experience in London! We know that moving to a new place can be nerve-racking. Thats why our team on the ground is made up of Londoners who are there to give you support 24/7.
Airport Transfers
Weekly Hours
* Accommodation
* Airport pick up and drop off
* A leading internship in your field of interest (we offer all sectors)
* All transportation in London
* 24/7 support from our full time London based team
* Social & cultural events with our large international community of interns!

In order to participate, interns must be 18 years old or over. Here's the link for more FAQs: I hope that helps!
Hi Ernestine, the biggest factor here is making sure you are eligible for the appropriate visa. For example, if you are an american you must be there on the Tier-5 "Intern in Britain" visa.
Most people were in their early 20s (20-23) with several people around 25-27. Hope this helps!

The best time in my life

1. My time in London is one of the best in my life. I really enjoyed my internship and the colorful life in London. I worked in a youth center which provides housing advice to the homeless young people. As a nursing student, I got the chance to shadow the nurse in the center. The services provided by the center are unique and special. It ranged from basic services such as laundry and luggage storing to job searching and personal wellbeing. Every day, I got the chance to chat with young people with different background, some of them might have mental health histories and offending histories. However, there are 2 things in common for these young people, they are looking for a change, and they don’t want to be homeless. The communication and conflict resolution skills that I learned here are priceless for my future career and my life.
2. Besides, I got the chance to experience the exciting and colorful life in London. We had weekend parties, morning roof top beach parties and various cultural events. I am so glad that I am interning in London, a city you never get bored. If you are bored with London, you are bored with life.
3. The best thing about participating in this internship is that you can meet amazing young people from all over the world doing an incredible internship in London. They are all smart and talented. A small conversation can bring you endless insights and information about the other end of this planet.
4. The major difference between hunting an internship by yourself than through an agency like the Intergroup is that you get everything arranged and you can rely on this agency. They will help you sort out your concerns and worries.

Suggestions to applicants
1. 6 weeks program is too short for you to experience all aspects of your organization, and London. If you are financially capable and have sufficient time, I would recommend you to apply for a 3 months program.

I applied for this program 2 years ago. I originally chose New York as my destination. However, I was failed to match with available internships. Until one month before the start date, I was informed that no internship was available for me. It was disappointing. Then, I was placed in London. However, due to visa issues, I have to postpone my internship to this year.

An Unforgettable Experience

This internship through The Intern Group has been my second work abroad experience and my fifth international experience in general. In other words, I'm no stranger to the international experience. However, that doesn't mean this time around hasn't been less fun than my previous ones, because that's simply not true. This internship was a perfect fit for me and it was just what I was looking for. The Intern Group helped me find my dream placement and the work I've been involved in is exactly what I wanted. Also, I was able to work in my favorite city, London! They were helpful throughout the whole process and that made all the difference. A truly unforgettable experience and one that I wouldn't go back on. I'd do it all over again... and again and again!

Interning in London is worth every £!

I have had an absolutely phenomenal experience in London! Every aspect of my internship and of London has been great. The events organized by Intern London and Arianna are fun and engaging, the ease of travelling to the rest of Europe is so convenient, and London is such a great city to live in! Throughout the course of my time in London, I have never felt bored or out of things to do.

The friends, professional connections, and experience I have gained on this trip are second to none, and I am so grateful I could come to London.

Working out some of the kinks in the housing would be the best improvement, otherwise it is in great shape!

Can I stay longer?

I didn't know I would have this much fun during my 3-month internship with InternGroup. If I had known I was matched with a great company, office location, housing location, housing accomodations, and meeting a group of fun individuals all over the world, I would've stayed for at least 5 months! Ugh... next time. Nevertheless, the InternGroup helped me step by step along the way and they were there for me whenever I bumped into trouble. Even if they are not able to do anything about it, they gave me moral support, some advice for next time, and a virtual hug. I am so grateful and I feel really lucky to be in London with new opportunities about to unfold.

Maybe have flexible dates for each event? I was bummed I missed the Career workshop, but it would be great if I can attend next month's workshop instead of being assigned to attend the one I was supposed to go to because the events are all the same-just at different times and month.

Look no further than the Intern Group

I applied for the Intern Group's London program hoping to achieve two goals: 1) gain valuable working experience, while 2) exploring a new country/culture. I was able to accomplish both goals thanks, in large part, to the Intern Group staff.

My experience living and interning in London significantly contributed to my personal and professional growth. The staff at the Intern Group were eager to help during every step in the process from my initial interview with them until the day I left London. It can be difficult to secure a position with a company that fits your interests and goals as well as find housing with similarly minded people in a great location, in a different country. The Intern Group helped me accomplish both. I quickly felt at home in London thanks, in large part, to their local staff. They were eager to help with all concerns I had which, made for a smooth and enjoyable experience.

I strongly recommend the Intern Group's London program to anyone considering living and interning in London.

Sam's Intern Group Review

The intern group is a great way to go overseas and gain experience. I would say however, that it is very costly, so make sure you are right on top of your budget. The program staff are very nice and helpful. When it comes to the internship itself, it seemed like a bit of a luck of the draw. Because my internship was definitely not the best in terms of the work I was doing and the learning experience. However some other interns (my friends) got really good ones. That being said the firm I was at, was a very cool firm to work at in terms of culture and friendliness.
All in all I would definitely recommend the Intern Group.

The program could be improved in terms of timing. I was admitted towards the beginning of 2016 but I was not actually placed until a month before I was leaving. Leaving me very little time to sort out a VISA and book flights. Which was at complete odds for the pressure to pay the deposit on time which we were told was so that the placement team could get started right away. So I would definitely recommend quicker placement to help the intern book cheaper flights and have more peace of mind over their arrangements.

Couldn't Have Been Any Better

I interned at a fashion PR agency in Northwest London! I learned a lot about myself in a professional and personal sense as I got to experience another country for the first time and make friends from across the US and the world. The Intern Group was absolutely wonderful. They were incredibly helpful and prompt to answer my many questions. They made sure I was comfortable and at ease without being overbearing. They were organized, professional, and eager to assist in any way I needed. I am so thankful I was able to make an absolute dream come true to complete my degree and this opportunity was possible through the Intern Group.

Best experience of my life

This was the greatest experience of my entire life. Weekly meet ups, meeting new friends from all over the world, and learning the most about who I am. I would do anything to go back and do it all once more. It has been 2 months since I left and I still think about it everyday. Never did I think these 3 months would have this large of an affect on my life. Besides the social aspect of this program, my internship was great. They were really flexible with me and their main goal was to make sure I was learning from the experience. As long as you voice your opinion with someone on the team, you are sure to have an incredible time.

Best decision I've made

I interned as a graphic designer for a Marketing Agency in London. The agency was located in East London. Very cool and trendy area. The placement was perfect for me. I feel incredibly grateful I was part of this experience. London is an extraordinary place. So much to do! So much to see! Thanks to Ariana (The Intern Group) I felt I always had something to do and people to meet. I was hired after my internship and I couldn't be happier.

Be more clear about the accommodation details.

The Unimaginable

Growing up in a city with population <500 people, I never thought I would travel anywhere outside of the country - that is until I came across The Intern Group. I found this opportunity to be one that contributed heavily towards my personal and professional experiences. Interning in London allowed for me to submit myself into the world of code and work with a team of professionals who treated me as one of their very own and gave me the tools I needed to learn more in 6 weeks than I ever have.

When I first arrived, my housing was accommodation was not ready. I had to live in a temporary spot for a week then move into my intentional location later. After an eight-hour flight, it was a bit tiring. So, I think the only improvement would be ensuring that housing is appropriately arranged.

The Intern Group London - Kate

I really had no idea what to expect when I first arrived in London, living in an unfamiliar country and not knowing anyone seemed very daunting. But within a few hours of arriving, the intern group had organised a social event where we got to know the other interns apart of the program. Making friends and finding people similar to me was extremely easy and without doubt my favourite part of the experience.

With a group a great friends (all living in the same area) we would all explore London together. Whether it was London's nightlife, shopping or visiting famous landmarks we all fell in love with the beautiful city.

The other great thing about this program was where I was placed to intern. Working for an events company allowed me to work in a professional but extremely fun environment, learn a heap of new skills and I also got invites to awesome parties for my friends and I.

I could not recommend this program enough.
I had such an amazing experience with the intern group one I wish I could do again.
I have made friends for life and amazing memories to share.

- better explanation of what's included in the group eg:
- letting us be aware that being picked up/ taken to the airport can only happen on days of the program (as it was included in the price you would think a few days outside the program would be acceptable)
- how to set up the 3 mobile plan
- notify other interns that all in included is the mobile sim and you will have to pay for money on your own account
- housing away from the 199 bus!!

The Intern Group London (Review)

I had an amazing 8 week experience in London thanks to the Intern Group. Thanks to the Intern Group, I was able to work as a Marketing Intern for a fantastic company where I was exposed to a professional yet fun-filled office environment. My co-workers, along with management provided me with a fulfilling experience where I developed relevant skills in the field, whilst being able to enjoy the benefits of being in a workplace with a positive atmosphere. Through this internship I not only developed as a person, but also made friends and connections that will last for many years.

On a social level, my experience was equally enjoyable. I have no complaints about my accommodation, as the location was perfect and the utilities available were satisfactory. The housing situation allowed me to engage more readily with fellow interns, and made it easier for us to organize things together. The plethora of social events provided by the Intern Group during my time there really allowed me to immerse myself into the culture of London, helping me to understand the city on a deeper level and helping all the interns forge friendships. Aside from the benefits of having a great internship, this program gave me the opportunity to make friends with individuals from all over the world, and I believe that was the highlight of my trip.

An Amazing Experience

Participating in Intern London this past summer was an amazing experience. It was my first experience in a foreign country and my first experience working within my career path. I met so many amazing people through the program and through my work and definitely caught the travel bug. Living and working in London allowed me to grow as an individual, expose myself to new cultures, and gave me an insight to what jobs in my career field look like. Participating in this internship was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Met Expectations

I think a lot of the people I met through the program had this fantasy in terms of what the program would do for them. The truth at the end of the day is that many others chose this program to explore a new city and to find out what they can and want to do in life. When you look at it from that kind of perspective, the program did exactly what it was meant to do and much more. The coordinators go above and beyond to help fix problems you have and they're always kind and willing to help. It might not be perfect but I think imperfection gives people a more realistic idea on what life is and it helped me a lot in terms of letting me know what life in London is like.

I think they could do with a couple of more people in terms of staffing so that the coordinators can efficiently help more students at once. They're fantastic right now but I feel like they're slightly overwhelmed at times.

Experiencing London

Hi! My name is Allyson Hibdon and I interned with Bacchus PR for 6 weeks. I loved the company and working for them has been wonderful. Everyone is friendly and keen to help whether that's with daily tasks or with directions or with the best places to go so you get a real London experience. I was on the restaurant team and I got to learn SO much about PR and how restaurants get coverage in magazines and websites. The Intern Group was equally amazing. They keep you busy from the moment you land and they do everything to make London feel like home with events and social outing and check-ups. They were so helpful, especially Melisha and Arianna throughout the entire process, especially with writing a CV, taking requests about internship opportunities to heart, and giving a step-by-step on applying for a visa to work here.
I had very little problems with the Intern Group. They really go out of their way for you! My only problem was that my office was quite far, and if traffic was especially heavy it would take 2 hours to get to the office. I advise that you bring an umbrella, an adaptor, and that you plan ahead for Thursdays because for some reason that's when the tube loses its mind and you will be late to work if you don't plan ahead.

Overall, I had the time and experience of my life here with the Intern Group and with Bacchus PR. I've learned so much and made such great friends that I'm a bit sad to leave. The 6 weeks will go quickly so do make the most of it!

About The Intern Group

The Intern Group is one of the leading providers of international internships. Our programs are located in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia & Latin America. We place participants from all over the world in international internships that propel...