CEA Internships in London

CEA Internships in London

The CEA London Center focuses on business and communication, ideal for complementing internship placements. London-themed courses are available in areas such as history, literature, theatre studies, and art history. CEA Internships Abroad London offers a range of internship placements that provide hands-on, practical experience to help you enhance your résumé and rise above the competition.

Rewarding internship opportunities await you in careers such as: government, architecture, fashion, marketing and PR, translation, luxury services management, media and production, finance, publishing, NGO management, art and curatorship, law, city government, sports management, and software development.

To learn more about London, click the “Visit Site” button above and see what CEA has waiting for you!

• Strong Academics
Letters of Recommendation
Phone / Skype Interview
Age Requirement
Weekly Hours
•Housing (apartment and homestay options)
•Comprehensive collection of in-country support services including insurance, on-site support, social and wellness activities
•Tuition and registration
•Career and re-entry support

Kaitlyn
Seattle, WA
Seattle Pacific University

Pivotal Life Experience

My internship in London has changed and grown me in so many ways. I now feel comfortable walking into any professional setting, can establish conversations with just about anyone, and was able to make connections abroad that are unique to my experience abroad. While the summer could be rather heat intensive, it was all so worth it! I would, without a doubt, do it again a million times! Cassandra was one of the on-sight coordinators and she made every CEA event a blast! I miss British Pies and English Breakfast as well as living in a flat with my friends, who quickly became like family. I am so thankful for this opportunity that truly changed my life!

About halfway through the heat became unbearable, and since we were only living in the flat for two months before returning to the states, we all refused to buy fans. After talking to Cassandra and housing, we were able to get a few fans for the flat which made the heat a bit more bearable!

Adam
London

CEA Study Abroad Program

I took part in an 8-week intern abroad program through CEA in London during summer '17 session, and, for the most part, the program has been good. Not great, but good.

Unfortunately, my experience is bitter sweet. More bitter towards the end than sweet. I had alerted CEA that I would be needing to leave two weeks early for my brother's wedding, before I even applied to the program. After I applied, I was sure to alert every CEA official of my intentions to leave early.

I was extremely busy toward the end of my spring semester. Between my RA job on campus, my internship with Baker Tilly in my hometown, travelling back and forth between home and college, and taking two upper level college courses in my accounting major, I was already pretty busy. Throw in countless hours of paperwork for CEA and this pathetic program, and I forgot to bring up the fact that we would like to get a discount for the two weeks I wasn't going to be there.

I brought this up about 3-4 weeks into my shortened 6 week program (originally 8 weeks). I went to the finance department at CEA, and didn't get anywhere. All they told me was that I had signed the terms and conditions and was responsible for 100% of the cost. I went to the director, and pleaded my case. They wouldn't so much as give me half of what I was asking for.

This program and CEA HQ are money hungry and profit driven. They could care less about the average (poor) college student that is giving an arm and a leg to pay for their program, which, by the way, doesn't even cover the cost of your airfare, meals, transportation, or excursions. Oh, and also, if you plan on interning, you'll need a visa. CEA doesn't cover the cost of the visa, either. I didn't get my placement until 2-3 weeks before my flight was supposed to leave, which then meant I had to expedite my visa to have it in time before I left. All in all, my visa ended up costing me an additional $400-500 in order to get it on time. Essentially, I paid $8,000 (for six weeks) for an apartment that isn't air conditioned, and an internship that is unpaid. Also, note this $8,000 is before the flights and everything else I mentioned that isn't included.

If I were to do this over again, I wouldn't choose CEA. The experience I've had on my own time, and the friends and relationships I've developed on my own, have been great. We've traveled all over the UK, and plan on traveling to Rome my last weekend here. That part of it has been wonderful.

If you're a perspective student looking to sign up with this program, I would caution you. You'll be working 30+ hours a week, with a very strict attendance policy. You'll also have a 4 hour class on the other day you aren't working. You'll be limited to the weekends for travel, which is almost useless, as you'll be spending anywhere between 100GBP and 300GBP for two to three nights. I would highly recommend traveling on your own as you can see more and experience more without all of the restrictions that CEA places on you. And you'll also save $8,000 and be able to put it towards actual travel expenses, instead of flushing it down the toilet to a CEA program that will refuse to do anything for you.

I hope this helps! Feel free to contact me with any specific questions about the program if you have any.

The program could have some understanding of what college kids go through to sign up for this program, and how much money it costs for them to do so. College kids aren't full time employees making $70,000 a year........ So don't treat us like we are!!!!!

Response from CEA Study Abroad

We are sorry to hear about your London program experience. We hope this response helps clarify the matter of financial concern.

We understand that you made a special request to leave an 8-week program early. That request was granted; however, the terms of the Program Participation Agreement you signed prior to travel remained in effect. As you outline in your review, you inquired about a refund after you had attended roughly four weeks of classes and the withdrawal date had passed. As we informed you when you emailed on June 28, CEA’s policy is similar to most universities for Late Withdrawals and for students that leave early. While CEA approved your request to leave earlier and granted an exception to ensure you received the work and credits for this program, the program content did not change. That means you are responsible for the whole cost of the program.

Students who withdraw after the program Withdrawal Date are still 100% responsible for final payment, regardless of participation. The exception we made to give you a robust internship experience in the time you were in London enabled you to gain both professional development experience and academic credit in a streamlined, 6-week individualized internship.

We hope this clarifies this matter for you and for anyone else planning to study or intern abroad with CEA.

Hanna
Humboldt, California
University of Westminster

My Favorite Accomplishment

Where to begin? CEA is the best thing I could have done for myself. The onsite administration is phenomenal, the cultural immersion and international connections cannot be beat. The internships available through University of Westminster are rewarding both for resumes and personal outlook. Easy flights to experience the rest of Europe. My personal growth has enhanced my own skills and relationships both in the marketing world and personal. Inspired me to get a job in international education.

There is only one onsite employee of CEA in London. She is fantastic, but I do not think she has the bandwidth to handle 60+ students per semester.

With 20 destinations across 11 countries, CEA Study Abroad offers an ideal balance of academics, internships, and adventure to more than 4,000 students each year. Find out where learning abroad can take you by clicking the “Visit Site” button and exploring our many options.

Why