London Professional Internship Program

The London Professional Internship Programme offers you a full-time, unpaid placement (25 to 35 hours a week). AES will source a suitable internship for you based on your degree, experience and future career plans. There is no requirement to study while you are in the UK. We generally work with medium to small-sized companies as, in our experience, smaller companies can offer a more hands-on experience for you. We will ensure that all placements follow a learning agreement so that you are able to gain a variety of skills & are exposed to as many aspects of a British business as possible. During your internship, you will also have a supervisor who will closely monitor your work.

Emily

London Fall 2015 Internship Program

Anglo Educational Experiences has provided a great experience for my semester abroad. I couldn't have asked for a more supportive group. Struggling with homesickness and the many questions I had, I knew that I could always go to the Anglo group. They were very well prepared for the most part and were professional with interactions.

The housing for this program could be greatly improved. Although the location was excellent, living standards and basic needs were not met. ISH housing was tight and disgusting.

I would also like to say that some parts of the internship such as the environment and the work involved were not advertised well. There should be more of a conversation between interns and Anglo about the work they will be doing as well as what they can expect to get for conditions.
Response from Anglo Educational Services

Hi Emily
Thank you for taking the time to review the AES London Semester Program. We’re glad that you enjoyed your internship and your time in London.
The housing for your programme was arranged directly by your university and was not provided by AES, so unfortunately we can’t address your issues.
The majority of our interns have a skype/telephone interview with their placement which gives students the opportunity to discuss the exact details of the internship, what the work environment is like etc. Once the placement is confirmed AES sends details of the company and students are able to contact the company directly. After the initial call with AES, if students have any questions about any aspect of their programme the AES staff are always on hand to answer them. We will certainly take on board your comments.
I hope you have a safe flight home.