iXperience Berlin – Learn + Intern Abroad

iXperience Berlin Grafitti Tour for interns.
iXperience Berlin Grafitti Tour for interns.
Two interns go on picnics in Parks in Germany.
Two interns go on picnics in Parks in Germany.
Bicycling Berlin with our iXperience interns.
Bicycling Berlin with our iXperience interns.

iXperience Berlin is an intense credit-bearing* six-week career-acceleration program for ambitious students who wish to learn industry-relevant skills and boost their CVs with an impactful internship, all while exploring Europe’s start-up capital.

iXperience in Berlin offers two course options: Management Consulting or Digital Design.

You'll hit the ground running with high-intensity classes that push you to learn in a boot-camp style environment. Courses blend foundation theory with practical skills. You'll also be surrounded by like-minded students who are just as hungry to learn and grow as you are. After two weeks of training, you'll be matched with a local company and tasked to work on one of their projects. This gives you a taste of professional life—as well as concrete deliverables you can add to your resume.

*Academically sponsored by the University of Virginia. Credit transfers will depend on your university policy.

• An immersive, credit-bearing hands-on course, academically sponsored by the University of Virginia.
  • 160+ hours of class and support.
  • Incredible iX-designed cultural excursions, crafted to help you soak up the cultural and natural wonders of Berlin.
  • An innovative internship with a local company where you'll have the chance to make real impact and boost your resume.
  • The opportunity to meet students from around the world and form friendships you'll keep for life.

2020 Early Applications Opening Soon!

Skip the rush. Be the first to know when applications open.

Michael

A Great Experience Although Unexpected

This program was very interesting and explored a variety of artistic outlets; however, the emphasis on the history and study of design was not what I anticipated. The program is advertised as an opportunity to expand ones skills in the practical aspects of digital design. In reality, there aren't many things that are taught in class that benefit your practical skills. Naturally the internship provided some opportunity for this but overall the program is centered around a more liberal arts oriented structure. The experience as far living abroad was perfectly comfortable. The city of Berlin is very livable and most areas felt quite safe relative to big cities in the U.S.A. Berlin is also in a great location for those who want to travel throughout Eastern Europe during the program.

I would make class focus on practical application skills such as Adobe Creative Cloud software rather than the heavy emphasis on liberal arts oriented teaching.
Response from iXperience

Thanks for the detailed feedback, Michael. We appreciate the insights into the balance of skills and the liberal arts.

Olivia

iXperienced Berlin, and it was worth every penny

iXperience Berlin was everything I could have asked for and more. It allowed me to learn the practical and technical skills needed for my dream career path, and I can say in all honestly that I do not know what I would have done without the program. What made it so special, though, was how much care and attention was put into making sure the students were happy, safe, and had everything we needed. Our housing in Berlin was incredible, and we were in a perfect location to get to class and our internships. The teachers hired by iX to teach digital design were incredible, and the TAs were an extra cherry on top. We learned so much from our teacher and TAs, and had so much fun doing it. I left with incredible memories, new skills, and lifelong friends.

Don't waste one minute not exploring! See everything!
Dana

iX Berlin

I absolutely loved iXperience Berlin. The design class was amazing: I learned so much in the first two weeks, I almost can't believe it. From design theory to software tutorials, we covered pretty much every area of digital design. I had the most amazing professor and teaching assistants. I have never had a close relationship with any of my teachers in college until iX. They provided me with so many resources including studio visits and drop-in lecturers. Not only that, but they also provided me with thorough support and guidance. The iX staff was also nothing short of extraordinary. When I ran into a medical issue, they were with me every step of the way, helping to make sure I found a clinic where someone could speak English. Berlin is also an amazing, spunky city. I could talk about how much I loved it forever.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would try and spend a bit less time napping and more time exploring! There is still so much I want to do in Berlin.
Julia

iX Berlin

Journeying to Berlin with iXperience was the best experience I have ever had. The 6 week program provides a perfect balance of class, work, and fun to make your time both pleasant and fulfilling. The staff and professors are always there to answer questions or simply chat about the course/program. In class, I never felt that a moment was wasted. I learned something every day through every project and discussion. As for the internship, iX helps place students in one that fits both their goals and interests. This way, you are getting hands on experience in a field of your choosing and working in an environment that you feel comfortable in. The students I met through iX are now some of my closest friends, and the city of Berlin is somewhere I now call home. If you have the opportunity to participate in this program....do it!

Stay open-minded. The city is very different from others, so prepare for some new and exciting experiences!
Nell

Opportunity of a lifetime!

This program was like no other. I expected what was written in the description - a class & an internship, but I received so much more. Digital Design in Berlin pushed me farther than any other class I've ever taken. I didn't think it was possible to learn so much so fast, but thanks to the amazing professor and TAs, I was well versed in Adobe Creative Suites, logo design, branding, and the fundamentals of design theory within 2 weeks - well prepared for my internship. The internship I had allowed me to work at a startup, giving me a huge project and all the freedom in the world. I redesigned a company's entire website from scratch using my own designs, which was extremely rewarding to see at the end of only one month. But the best thing for me were the friends I made along the way. I never expected to become close with such a big group of people in such little time, but these people have become some of my best friends in the world. iXperience was everything I hoped for and more, not to mention the city of Berlin is incomparable to anywhere else in the world. 11/10!

The housing could have been improved a little, it was unclear what we should bring and what would be provided. We thought there was complimentary breakfast and a gym which there wasn't, but it was a pretty small problem and easy work around.
Tseng-Han

iXperience inspires me

After joining the 6-wk iXperience Berlin program, I learned that studying can be more than just staying in your room. During the program, iX people organized quite a lot of activities allowed us to explore the beauty of Berlin and have the opportunity to step outside the classroom. We got to experience the local culture and appreciate the history. It’s been a bless and a opportunity for me to cultivate myself. On this trip, I learned how to step out of my comfort zone and take care of myself. I was afraid I could not survive on my own for six weeks without knowing anyone in the program. Turns out it was just me worried too much. People from iXperience have been the biggest support I can ever have and my peers were all so welcoming and open-minded. I would definitely recommend this program to my friends.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
One of the things that surprises me is you have to pay for the public toilets.
Camryn

iXperience Berlin- Visual Design

I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to study and work in Berlin through iXperience. I arrived in Germany this past summer knowing no one and confused about how my love for design would fit into my career path. I left two months later with new friends and new perspectives. Coming from a small intense business school, I was constantly surrounded by competitive and like-minded individuals and was being encouraged to pursue a career in consulting. Through iXperience, I was pushed outside of my comfort zone to make friends and collaborate with people with different interests and backgrounds than me. I learned how my love for design could be combined with my passion for problem-solving in a field like product development. Academically and personally, iXperience has had a huge impact on my life. What I will cherish the most about my time in Berlin was the people- not only my classmates but also the staff. iXperience builds a vibrant community that is still active for months, and even years, after the program ends. Thanks to iXperience, I have made lifelong personal and professional relationships.

About iXperience

iXperience is a credit-bearing* summer abroad program, designed to develop the skills and knowledge you need to prepare for a rapidly changing career landscape. With campuses in four beautiful cities around the world (Cape Town, Lisbon, Berlin, Tel...