The Medical Program strives to gain access to health care for impoverished, indigenous individuals in the Guatemalan Highlands who do not have the resources to access such care, both financially and otherwise. Mayan Families hosts many visiting medical groups throughout the year, including general medical teams, dental teams, and ophthalmology teams. Mayan Families works with these groups to bring much-needed aid to communities in the Highlands of Guatemala. The Medical Program also consists of an on-site clinic in Mayan Families’ main office in Panajachel called the Charlie Gomez Medical Clinic.
● Process the raw information on patient intake forms in order to create quantitative and qualitative data
● Analyze data from patient intake forms for various purposes within the Medical Program
● Help organize medical cases
● Input relevant data into database and excel document used to track medical cases
- Freedom to develop a program based off of personal ambition and university study.
- Opportunity to live within another culture.
- Opportunity to develop foreign language skills.
- Opportunity to work with the support of a Program Director, gaining valuable managerial experience.
- Opportunity to live on beautiful Lake Atitlan and experience a wide variety of activities!