Guatemala Internships — Global Skills & Knowledge!

Guatemala Internships — Global Skills & Knowledge!

Maximo Nivel offers internship programs in Antigua, Guatemala. Develop professional skills and Spanish language fluency in an international setting. International internships provide excellent work experience and build your professional network. Native Spanish immersion takes your Spanish language skills to the next level.

Internship placements include:

- Education (K-12)
- Special Education
- Micro-Business
- Human Rights
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Medical.

Internship programs are offered as “Practicums” (4 weeks) or “Internships” (8+ weeks). Internship programs are available year round and new programs begin every Monday. with lots of flexibility to meet your needs.

Internships qualify for university credit via our School of Record: California State University-Monterey Bay.

• You receive individual attention from an on-site intern adviser who helps you set goals, complete course work, and provide any other support you need during your internship.
  • You build practical and professional skills in small, community settings that are applicable in any professional environment.
  • You are fully immersed in one of the largest growing and influencing cultures in the Americas.
  • You take your Spanish language skills to the next level, whether that be from beginner to intermediate, or advanced to 'casi fluido'.
  • You set yourself apart from other young professionals by demonstrating your flexibility and ability to adapt to new situations.
International Business
Phone / Skype Interview
Age Requirement
Internship Programs include:

- Airport Pick-up
- Private room with a host family
- Breakfast and dinner 7 days/week
- 1 hour/day private Spanish classes
- Internship Advisor
- Orientation and safety presentation
- Letter of recommendation
- Free office-wide WiFi and computer lounge
- Free Spanish books and materials
- Free Spanish language tutoring
- Free Tandem Conversation Program (practice your Spanish!)
- Institute is open 7 days/week, including holidays
- Emergency contact 24/7
- Free cultural activities

Beautiful Opportunity!

What a rich way to learn about and experience Guatemalan culture. The program coordinators are encouraging and understanding, and prioritize your wellbeing. They make sure you are enjoying your experience and are willing to help in various ways. The facilities are well resourced and provide a welcoming and calm atmosphere. The public clinic where I worked was eye opening and I learned valuable skills from the relationships that developed there. Being immersed in Spanish environment at the clinic was humbling and sharped my language skills. I would recommend choosing a program that lasts at least one month to become well accustomed to the lifestyle and the people you work with. The homestay was a great opportunity to connect with Guatemalan people in different stages of life and learn about customs and traditions. On the weekends, there are various trips available to explore volcanoes, lakes, beaches, etc. I loved living in the beautiful city of Antigua!

Transportation expenses to practicum site included in total fees

Experience it all

I truest enjoyed my time with Maximo! I worked as an intern for a social worker under the human rights internship, and experienced so much more than I ever could have if I was just traveling. I feel like I was really able to invelope myself into the culture, and I was really able to improve my Spanish as well as understand a lot more of the way this country runs. Maximo was so helpful with any problems I had and were always really awesome, I hope to work with them again in the future!!

Maybe not put such expensive traveling agencies in the casa

Here it is! You just found the program you have been looking for! Maximo Nivel offers you internship and volunteering programs specific to your passions or courses of studies. It allows you to help those in need with both independence and opportunities. There is fun, work and a lot of learning. I, have learnt a language and gained so much from visiting Guatemala. Please, undertake this wonderful adventure!

Asuka Sugiyama

Incredible experience

I don't know how to express how grateful and happy I am to join Maximo Nivel! I learned so much from my internship (the Avocado Tour). Maximo taught me so many skills that would be very useful in the future (eg. making a website, updating social media etc). My Spanish improved a lot thanks to my amazing teachers. I can't ask for more!
Thank you so much for having me in Antigua, Guatemala. Guatemalan team rocks!!

About Maximo Nivel

Máximo Nivel (Maximum Level)—The Intercultural Center of Latin America Máximo Nivel is a family-owned, social enterprise founded in 2003. Our three intercultural centers are locally-based organizations focused on international education and cross...