- You receive individual attention from an on-site intern adviser who helps you set goals, complete course work, and provide any other support you need during your internship.
- You build practical and professional skills in small, community settings that are applicable in any professional environment.
- You are fully immersed in one of the largest growing and influencing cultures in the Americas.
- You take your Spanish language skills to the next level, whether that be from beginner to intermediate, or advanced to 'casi fluido'.
- You set yourself apart from other young professionals by demonstrating your flexibility and ability to adapt to new situations.
Maximo Nivel offers internship programs in Antigua, Guatemala. Develop professional skills and Spanish language fluency in an international setting. International internships provide excellent work experience and build your professional network. Native Spanish immersion takes your Spanish language skills to the next level.
Internship placements include:
- Education (K-12)
- Special Education
- Human Rights
- Hospitality & Tourism
Internship programs are offered as “Practicums” (4 weeks) or “Internships” (8+ weeks). Internship programs are available year round and new programs begin every Monday. with lots of flexibility to meet your needs.
Internships qualify for university credit via our School of Record: California State University-Monterey Bay.
View Program Information
- Airport Pick-up
- Private room with a host family
- Breakfast and dinner 7 days/week
- 1 hour/day private Spanish classes
- Internship Advisor
- Orientation and safety presentation
- Letter of recommendation
- Free office-wide WiFi and computer lounge
- Free Spanish books and materials
- Free Spanish language tutoring
- Free Tandem Conversation Program (practice your Spanish!)
- Institute is open 7 days/week, including holidays
- Emergency contact 24/7
- Free cultural activities