Most Affordable Internships in Guatemala with Intern Abroad HQ

Visually stunning with incredible natural, cultural and historical attractions, internships in Guatemala provide a true Central American experience. Internship programs include Teaching English/Education, Environmental Conservation, Special Needs/Childcare, Agriculture, Microfinance, Physiotherapy, Tourism & Hospitality, and Medical/Health. For those with pre-existing Spanish language skills, Guatemala provides a fantastic opportunity to immerse yourself and build greater comprehension skills.

Open for beginner to advanced Spanish speakers. Required level of Spanish varies by internship program

Internships through Intern Abroad HQ are flexible and affordable. All internship programs include a guided reflection course, to foster the acquisition of essential soft skills, for better employability and a resilient career.

Applications are accepted year-round for rolling admission dates! Your experienced Internship Manager will ensure you feel supported every step of the way.

• Receive pre-departure and 24/7 in-country support
  • Customised placements
  • Affordable fees
  • Short term duration
  • Flexible start dates

Gain International Career Experience From Home - Remote Internships Now Available

Master your project management and communication skills, practice in-demand skills within your specific career discipline, and make your resume stand out - all you need is a laptop!

Ashleigh

I will cherish this trip forever!

Spending two weeks taught In Guatemala taught me so much about their culture, their language, and their way of living. Adjusting to everything was difficult and frustrating at first but now I realize that challenges like that is what made me grow. Also, even though there were challenges like language barrier and unknown setting, my host family and support staff were always there for me if I had a problem I needed to resolve. The people there are so nice and patient so if you are worried that you will not know anyone their don't worry! You will make friends fast. Ultimately, the experience is what you make of it and you can choose what speed you want to take things at. All I can tell you is that Guatemala is absolutely beautiful and that it was an incredible learning experience.

If anything I would recommend making sure that there is wifi in the homes.
Sam

Reflecting on my time in Antigua.

Before learning about Intern Abroad HQ, I'd spent time volunteering with their sister organization, International Volunteer HQ. While in Guatemala for 6 weeks, I was able to combine my work on the program with Intern Abroad HQ's experiential learning program. I've been inclined to keep travel journals in the past, but the guidance provided through the Intern Abroad HQ program really helped to provide structure and insight. Although there were challenges with being in a foreign country, and it especially took some time adjusting to differences (such as a second language, different home-stay environment, etc) the reflections provided by Intern Abroad HQ on things like culture, communication, problem-solving and expectations helped me to adapt and think outside the box.
I'd recommend that other people consider giving these programs a go!