Our partner organizations work tirelessly for the promotion of gender justice, non-discriminatory and rights-based behaviors and practices. Among the thousands of individuals who are trafficked across Nepal’s borders every year, the majority are women and children. We place participants with a wide range of Nepali organizations, including anti-trafficking campaigns, advocacy programs for women's and children's rights, widow's rights, and capacity building programs.
These placements are open to participants holding a BA in a relevant field or those with significant NGO experience who are motivated and do not require a lot of supervision. Positions are tailored according to skills and interests. Duties span a wide scope, ranging from data collection, grant writing, assisting with reports, to knitting with a micro-finance group. Participants must be able to commit to at least 6-8 weeks.
- Kathmandu is a vibrant, exciting city with lots of opportunities to get involved and make a real difference in the community.
- Living in our volunteer house provides a set group of other volunteers and friends to experience Nepal with. Volunteers become fast friends and share the benefits (and frustrations) of such work with each other.
- International internships provide an excellent boost to your resume and greatly increase your abilities to pursue a career in the international human rights field.
- Our staff provides delicious daily Nepali food and support for your trip, while allowing you the freedom to explore Nepal and its culture in the way that best suits you.
- Volunteers and interns regularly cite their time in Nepal as a truly life-changing experience that helped them develop a more fully realized world view.