CIEE Virtual Global Internships

Now more than ever, it is critical to enhance your cross-cultural and virtual communication skills, gain real-world work experience, and make your resume stand out in a competitive global job market. CIEE Virtual Global Internships are designed to be flexible, online, and immersive: hard and soft skill acquisition on your schedule, wherever you are.

Students seeking up to six academic credits for their virtual internship can now enroll in our Virtual Global Internship with Course option, which includes our online internship course, 'Academic Internship in the Global Workplace'.

Paired with the virtual internship, this course allows students to cultivate essential skills such as project management, teamwork, and intercultural communication, while developing an individual e-portfolio of skills and experiences for future career success.

• Grow your global network from anywhere in the world
  • Gain real-life, project-based experience with global companies and start-ups
  • Obtain a digital Certificate of Completion to post to your social and professional networks

Study Abroad Risk Free!

In the unusual event we have to cancel your study abroad or internship program due to a health, safety, or security concern, you’re covered with our Program Assurance Advantage.

CIEE Offers More Than $8 Million in Scholarships Every Year!

$500 - $2,500

Popular Programs

Student at computer - CIEE

This program contains 200-240 internship hours in total. That breaks down to 25-30 hours/week. This is a great option for students whom wish to have an intensive professional development experience which is nearly full-time in nature.

Virtual Global Innovation Internship - 8 week

CIEE is excited to offer a new innovation program in collaboration with Hacker Exchange (HEX), an Australian based education startup launching impactful careers for future innovators, startup founders and intrapreneurs. If you’ve ever dreamed about founding your own company or leading innovation for impact, this one’s for you.

Our Virtual Global Innovation Internship, co-delivered by HEX and CIEE.

Virtual Global Innovation Internship - 12 week

Our Virtual Global Innovation Internship, co-delivered by HEX and CIEE.

Virtual Global Internship & Course - 8 Week

CIEE Virtual Global Internships allow you to experience the changing world of work without leaving your home! These credit-bearing internships draw from our robust network of companies and host organizations in more than 15 cities around the world. Learn how both synchronous and asynchronous collaboration work happens across time zones while gaining critical on-the-job skills like self-confidence, independence, and project management.

• Content 10
  • Engagement 9
  • Platform 10
Phoebe

If you're on the fence about a virtual internship--do it!

Before beginning my virtual internship through CIEE, I was a little apprehensive. I had no experience working in the field, I'd never worked online before, and I didn't speak the language of the country where the company was based. Although nerve-wracking at first, I'm so happy I took the plunge. I've learned so many new skills, worked with people from all over the world, and gotten a look into what sustainability jobs might entail. Every day has been different, so I've had a taste of many different roles. If I could, I would 100% do it again!

Don't be afraid to take a chance or to ask questions when you're unsure of something. More often than not, your internship provider will be happy to answer them and it shows your dedication to the organization.