- Machu Picchu
View Other Details
Your program fee includes: accommodation, 3 meals per day, 24-hour-a-day support both on the ground and in the US (including a designated Intern Group Leader who will work specifically with STRIVE interns), your volunteer placement and support, and access to on-call US based medical staff. If you are planning on running 70+ miles per week, you should understand that you may need to supplement your three meals per day with snacks and other extras to make up for all of those calories you’re burning on a daily basis. See “All the Details” tab for more information regarding meals.
This international program is designed specifically for student athletes looking to combine their summer training with internship and life abroad. The STRIVE College Internship Program (SCIP) offers a truly immersive experience in a breathtaking nation with training on soft surfaces at high altitude all summer long!
Give back to a local community through service, as well as immerse yourself in the rich cultural and historical heritage of Peru's Sacred Valley. Plus, hone your Spanish with our pre-trip language immersion program!
Apart from boosting your résumé, the SCIP combines training and career experience to open up bigger opportunities in the future. Spend eight weeks during summer, from June 11th to August 5th, honing your leadership and mentoring skills while living, working, learning and training in a collaborative service-oriented community.
- Undergo training at a high altitude at 9,000 feet, along beautiful dirt roads in Peru.
- Become more than a tourist in Peru by immersing in the history of Sacred Valley and the Peruvian culture.
- Learn about community service by participating in meaningful projects and learning to set up such projects in an ethical way.
- Take your athletic prowess to the next level through a wonderful program that combines training and immersion.
- Enjoy Peru’s near-perfect weather of consistent cool, dry mornings and warm, sunny afternoons.