Most Affordable Internships in Peru

Based in the ancient capital of the Inca Empire, internships in Cusco offer something for everyone. Internship programs include Animal Care, Kindergarten, Youth Development/Education, Physician's Assistant, Special Needs Care, Sports & Education, Language Therapy, Psychology, Dentistry, Midwifery, NGO Support, Physiotherapy, Tourism & Hospitality, Nutrition and Eco-Tourism.

Internships through Intern Abroad HQ are flexible and affordable. All internship programs include a guided reflection course, to foster the acquisition of essential soft skills, for better employability and a resilient career.

Applications are accepted year-round for rolling admission dates! Your experienced Internship Manager will ensure you feel supported every step of the way.

• Affordable program fees and flexible scheduling
  • Rolling admission dates
  • Entry-level internships available, from just 2 weeks
  • Guided reflection course included

Isidra

I learned so much!

I had a wonderful time in Cusco, Peru where I interned with HQAbroad in a small clinic near the Plaza De Armas. The program is very involved with your social life and helping you settle in to your homestay and work place. I learned so much in the 9 weeks I was there and enjoyed every last second. Doing this has impacted my perspective on life in many ways and has helped me decide my career choice. You can’t beat these prices and this program placement. I would recommend to anyone!

Be active in helping students when needed.
Response from Intern Abroad HQ

Hi Isidra,
It was great to hear that you had a wonderful time - Cusco is one of my favourite cities in the world and I agree that there are definitely lots of fun social activities to take advantage of throughout the internship too. Being able to spend 9 weeks on your internship was an awesome commitment and I hope that you're proud of your achievement and effort. Thanks again for your contribution at the clinic - until next time! From Dallas and the team at Intern Abroad HQ :-)

Anna

6 weeks in Cusco, Peru

My experience through Intern HQ was wonderful! I interned for 6 weeks in Cusco at a local clinic, with the Physician’s Assistant Internship. The entire process, from application to completion, was smooth and understandable, and I knew that I had support with my internship the entire time. I learned so much in Peru and got so many opportunities to develop personally and professionally. Getting to practice my Spanish in a medical context and meeting people from all over the world were added benefits! It was really great to be able to experience a foreign environment in a safe and unique manner. It was really interesting to see how healthcare worked in Peru, and the internship lined up with my career goal of being a pediatrician. I worked from Monday through Friday from 8-12 or 1, and the rest of the time, I was free to explore Cusco and hang out with different people that I had met through volunteering dinners and the various activities of the week. Intern HQ provided me with an invaluable experience that I will always treasure.

Mario

Definitely a worthwhile experience

I was looking to go abroad over the summer in between years in college and after much searching, Intern Abroad HQ's opportunities had much lower prices than any other organization. Once I inquired about the Physician Assistant Internship in Cusco, it was very easy to communicate with them any questions or concerns I had before I decided to commit. Once committed to go for three weeks in May, they sent a helpful packet that's easy to navigate and told me exactly what I needed to do and have before departure. They gave me info on where I was living and where the project coordinators were located. Once I got in country, I was picked up by my host mother right outside the airport and taken to my homestay. I had my own room and bathroom despite living with 2 other interns which was nice and my host family was super friendly and welcoming. The food seemed pretty repetitive day to day but given that three meals a day were included in the price and I could simply tell my host I'd eat out instead, I couldn't complain. The first day of work I was taken to Proyecto Peru, the local internship and volunteer organization, by my host mom and introduced to the project coordinators who then took me to my project location, a nearby health center. It was really nice because I happened to live within walking distance of Proyecto Peru, my project site, and the historical center of Cusco. I ended up working in the laboratory of the health center for my three weeks there analyzing patients' blood, urine, and stool. Not at all what I expected going into this but it did give me the necessary patient experience I needed to make it to a PA program one day so it was totally worth it. The laboratory workers were super friendly and talking with them really helped improve my Spanish. I worked Monday through Friday 8-12, which I really liked because it gave me plenty of time during the afternoon and weekends to be a tourist and absorb the culture of Cusco and the Sacred Valley. Proyecto Peru offered many opportunities for interns to socialize Tuesday and Thursday nights so I got really close to all of them and those that I lived with. The only troubles during my time there were dealing with the lack of heating in buildings despite temperatures falling below freezing at night and the lack of running water 24/7 as the city shuts it off during some hours of the night. Other than those issues though it was a very good experience for the price and definitely a great resume builder. I wish I could've stayed in Cusco longer!

Response from Intern Abroad HQ

Hi Mario, thanks for providing such a detailed and thoughtful review - it's much appreciated! We're glad that we were able to be helpful but mostly that your experience on the whole was successful. Maybe you'll be able to return to Cusco in the future! I wish you all the best with your PA work in the future!

Kayla

Life-Changing

My experience with Intern Abroad HQ was nothing less than amazing. It was an eye opening and life-changing experience for me. Going into the program I had originally planned on volunteering but when I heard you could intern I realized I wanted to do that instead. My plan is to go into Occupational Therapy and this internship was the perfect opportunity and experience for that. Working with underprivileged children and learning disabilities was something I haven’t done before. Seeing how happy they were to be shown love and support from not only the therapist but other volunteers and interns like myself, was a great feeling. Of course, there were some difficult times while I was there, such as communication and transportation because they are much different than what I am used to from back home. However, if you aren’t a little uncomfortable while traveling in another country and immersing yourself in another culture then you wouldn’t be doing it right  It can be scary and overwhelming but what you learn and who you meet in the end is so worth it! I highly suggest working with Intern HQ and gaining the knowledge and amazing experiences in another culture!

About Intern Abroad HQ

At Intern Abroad HQ, we connect students and young professionals with international internship programs. Whether you’re seeking practical experience to support your study, or wanting to enhance your career prospects, Intern Abroad HQ offers a diverse...