Arcadia University- Scottish Parliamentary Program

Under the direction of a Member of Scottish Parliament and their team, you will work on policies and issues that will help shape the future of Scotland. You will complete 10 weeks of significant research, in addition to immersing yourself in the culture, history and politics of Scotland and the UK. In addition to your internship placement, you will take three courses at the University of Edinburgh.

Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Excursions may include: Luss Highland Games & The Hill House, Golf Championship, and Highlands.

Arcadia University opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories. With Arcadia, you can: Enjoy academic success, explore a new world, get to know yourself, rely on us for support, and boost your resume.

Ashley

Internship of a lifetime

Definitely one of the best experiences of my life. I gained valuable life skills over the 10 week internship. My project was tailored to a subject field I was very much interested in and I was able to see the beginnings of the Scottish Referendum from an inside perspective of Parliament. The one on one interactions between you and your MSP is always an added bonus to a wonderful time abroad.

I wish it was longer!