Law internships in Cape Town

If you are interested in a law internship in South Africa, our program offers some excellent opportunities within this field. Many of our finest legal internship opportunities involve human rights law in South Africa, though we also offer more traditional law internships in startup, corporate, and environmental sectors too. Our human rights law internships in Cape Town are arguably our most unique internship offerings within the legal field because many firms and NGOs work directly with the South Africa Parliament to promote human rights causes.

Our law internships are available to students in both pre-law and law school. Although our program minimum is 4-weeks, our legal internship sites tend to prefer students who can commit to a minimum of 6 weeks in Cape Town.

For more information as to the different opportunities we have available in this field, please contact us directly (admissions@vacorps.com) or apply online www.vacorps.com/apply

• Tailored internship placement
  • 24/7 On-the-Ground Support
  • Weekly Cultural Excursions
  • Program Housing
  • Weekly Culture Series

CAROLINE

From Kenya to Cape Town

VAC presented me with an opportunity to look at the world from a new angle. Academically and socially, I was able to become a better version of me. The services provided by the programme are very student-friendly, especially because the staff holds your hand every step of the way. Transitioning into a new place may be hard, but with VAC ensuring that you hit the ground while running you are sure to have an easy time. The city is beautiful and so are the people once you meet them. I could not be more pleased to say that I got what was on my list of objectives.

In terms of my internship, I found it very fulfilling to have written a submission (first submission) for the South African Parliament with the help of the other interns and our supervisor! Helping in the general draft of a submission for courts and doing research work in support of cases was also an achievement.

The internship requires self-drive, especially because you work remotely often.
Laura

South African's

I have been in Cape Town for almost 2 months now and I am totally in love with the city and its people. Everyone has been so welcoming, specially at my internship. They all welcomed me so well since day one. I am also thankful for my amazing VAC advisor, Carmen, she has been great in every way! The vibe in this city is so different from the rest, sure it has its problems but it is a city that really makes you fall in love with it, so many things to do, so many places to visit. When I was looking for a place to do my internship I started looking in Europe because it was something familiar for me since I did my LLM there, then somehow I found VAC and started looking at what Cape Town had to offer and I did not think it twice to apply! It was something totally new for me, really far from home (Mexico), it was just out of my comfort zone, I did not know anyone here but I decided to take the risk and I do not regret it! So much culture and amazing people in one place!! Love it and I will miss so much!

Just to enjoy every single personality in this place, they are all so different from each other but they really make you feel welcome!