COVID-19 Program Updates
Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, VACorps has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.
Find a remote internship abroad and contribute to a meaningful project in South Africa. Acquire invaluable professional experience that represents the future of employment. Discover South Africa’s vibrant culture, build your international professional network, and make new friends without needing a passport or a plane ticket!
VACorps will find you a remote internship abroad with a South African company, startup, nonprofit, or NGO. During this unique international work opportunity, you will receive a career-relevant internship and work on projects that benefit your host organization. If you are unable to find time to travel to South Africa, yet want to engage with local organizations in a meaningful way, a remote internship experience is your ideal solution.
VACorps is famous for delivering a program experience that makes our participants feel like an honorary member of our South African family. We proudly continue this tradition through our remote internship programming!
- Gain invaluable international work experience and make new friends without needing a passport or a plane ticket!
- Receive a remote internship placement that is customized to your academic and professional needs.
- Gain an advantage over your peers during future job interviews by taking on a remote internship, which is one of the new norms in today’s world.
- Discover South Africa's vibrant culture through the VACorps Virtual Culture Series
- Have an insider’s look into the local South African culture through regular one-on-one conversations with our team of some of the friendliest individuals!
The VACorps Remote Human Rights Internship program is a structured internship that is facilitated by Human Rights Program Coordinator, Kelly Stone, who is a qualified lawyer in the USA and is currently a human rights policy advocate in South Africa. The program delivers an immersive Human Rights internship in South Africa through active mentorship. You will develop practical skills while acquiring a deep understanding of the human impact of right’s violations and challenges in South Africa.
During a remote public health internship with VACorps, you will work alongside qualified healthcare professionals in conducting epidemiological research, assessing access to care in South Africa, research, data collection, and education outreach programs in the community. South Africa faces many serious healthcare issues, including high rates of HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, and more recently, COVID-19.