- South Africa
View Other Details
Safety in the field (orientation, survival, weather & climate)
Remote camp set-up, management and logistics
Identification of fauna and flora
Animal behaviour in relation to safety and data collection
Field research techniques
4×4 driving techniques
Tracking in the field
This program, which takes place over four-week, eight-week, or 12-week duration, is of particular relevance to students wishing to gain practical exposure and experience in the field. The program also includes in-depth lectures, practical surveys, research and tracking techniques. You will apply the necessary ‘on the ground’ skills in order to become a more well-rounded wildlife field researcher in the conservation industry.
It provides students with a holistic experience to provide the necessary skills for living, and working in a remote field location. This includes everything from managing a camp, safety considerations and awareness, orientation, 4×4 driving skills and more. The program includes fauna and flora identification, animal behaviour, and fundamental field techniques to collect data.
- Learn the fundamental field techniques to collect data
- Expand your mind to sustainable conservation techniques whilst conducting research
- Gain hands-on experience of living, and working in remote locations
- Live and work in one of the most beautiful locations in the world
- Experience the extreme bio-diversity of the South African bushveld