- South Africa
View Other Details
24-hour emergency desk and in-country support
All project equipment
Food on program
Group introductory call
Endorsed GVI specialisation course
Endorsed leadership course
Sustainable project work
Data collection and research
Real projects with partners
Program training, internship and academic support
Preferential recruitment on GVI positions
Job portal access
Endorsed careers course
Career coaching sessions
CERTIFICATES AND ACHIEVEMENTS
PDF reference– upon request
LinkedIn reference and skills endorsement
See price details
Are you passionate about conservation and interested in getting some real-world experience that can bolster your resume? Contribute to conservation work through our wildlife conservation programs at Karongwe Private Game Reserve (KPGR) near Kruger National Park, South Africa. This is a Big 5 reserve where you’ll learn about wild animals in their natural environment, while living in a safe and protected camp. Join other wildlife enthusiasts, budding conservationists, and nature-lovers as you monitor large predators and mega-herbivores on the reserve.
You’ll join us for three to six months – living in the African bush, working with a research team, sharing meals around the fire, and gaining life-changing experience. Spend your days learning research techniques, gaining new skills and knowledge, and assisting with a variety of research projects. How many people do you know that can say they were involved in elephant, lion, cheetah or other African wildlife research? Now you can!
Video and Photos
- Learn fundamental techniques for data collection in the field and conduct general predator and mega-herbivore monitoring including hyena, leopard, lion, cheetah, elephant, rhino and buffalo.
- Gain hands-on experience of living and working in remote locations while contributing to sustainable conservation techniques while conducting research.
- Get exposure to ecotourism including reserve work, track and sign, bird identification, animal behavior, and invasive species removal.
- Experience the extreme biodiversity of the South African bushveld.
- Live and work in one of the most beautiful locations in the world.