From city life to adventure, wildlife to culture, breathtaking scenery to sun-soaked coasts – South Africa has it all!
As a volunteer or intern in South Africa, you not only have the opportunity to support a non-profit project or learn more about your chosen subject area, but also expand your linguistic and intercultural skills!
Our programs in South Africa include:
* Social work with children and adolescents
* Volunteer at animal shelter
* Horse ranch on the beach
* Penguin & Seabird Rescue Center
* Vervet Monkey Sanctuary
* Wildlife Conservation in South African national parks
* Environmental Conservation at the Zandvlei Estuary Nature Reserve near Cape Town
* Marketing, PR & Communication for NGOs (remote internships possible!)
* Hotel internships
Do you prefer to work from home and still want to gain international work experience? Many of our internships and volunteer activities are also possible remotely! Contact us for more information!
- Social Work: Become part of a dedicated team who are devoted to better lives of children and youth in South African townships.
- Marketing/Communication: Support NGOs and start-ups that represent sustainable and ethical values and expand your knowledge in research, PR, marketing, communication and networking.
- Horse Ranch: Accompany daily riding tours for tourists along paradise-like white sandy beaches and help with feeding, grooming and caring for the 11 horses and 4 ponies at the ranch!
- Penguin & Seabird Rescue: Help to protect the endangered African Penguin in the Algoa Bay of Port Elizabeth and take care of sick, injured or malnourished penguins and other seabirds.
- Wildlife Conservation: Live in the middle of nature, accompany the female rangers on their work against poaching, and help to monitor animal and plant life in the reserve.
An internship or volunteer placement in South Africa not only gives you the opportunity to get to know a new country, but also makes an important contribution to the work of your internship / volunteering organisation. With your stay, you will contribute to more intercultural networking and understanding!
Did you know that we plant 10 indiginous trees at the slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania for each participant in our worldwide progranms, to offset the carbon emissions of your long-haul flight? Yes, traveling and protecting the environment at the same time is possible!
Clean Climate Footprint - Remote Internships - Covid-19 Travel Update!
* We offer Remote Internships in many subject areas if you want to work from home and still gain international work experience!
* Covid-19 Update: Traveling to Tanzania and Zanzibar is now possible again! Contact us for Corona safety information!
Six out of ten children in South Africa live in poverty and have no access to kindergartens or child-friendly care and support. Therefore, their chances of being able to develop according to their age are severely limited. TLC, a non-profit organization in Cape Town works to provide support to children and families from socially disadvantaged backgrounds. The organization runs a number of programs.
For the love of wildlife, outdoors, adventure and conservation! As a volunteer/intern in a wildlife sanctuary within the Greater Kruger National Park of South Africa, you will assist the female rangers in their work against poaching. You will support research projects, help the team in monitoring animal & plant behavior and removing invasive plant species in the surroundings.
In Port Elizabeth, South Africa's sun city, you have the possibility to volunteer at a rescue centre for African Penguins and other seabirds. Today, only a total of 25,000 breeding pairs of the African Penguin exist in the whole world, out of which 21,000 can be found in the Algoa Bay around Port Elizabeth, making it the area with the largest breeding colony of African Penguins in the world. You will be part of a group of volunteers from all over the world.
Do you love horses and riding? As a volunteer on the Western Cape horseback riding project, you will accompany daily riding tours for tourists along paradise-like white sandy beaches, through dune forests and the typical fynbos landscapes of Africa's southern coast. In addition, you work daily at the horse ranch, feeding, grooming and caring for the 11 horses and 4 ponies, cleansing their hooves, saddling them, and helping with everything that needs to be done on the ranch.
In Cape Town, we arrange internships and volunteer placements in marketing, communications and PR with NGOs and start-ups that represent sustainable and ethical values. You will typically work as part of an international team from a stylish shared office in the city centre of Cape Town, where communications and marketing tasks are outsourced for several NGOs and startups. These internships are also possible remotely!