Learn how to research and produce written content, and receive guidance in establishing a successful career in the fields of environmental journalism and travel writing.
Environmental journalism and travel writing are both powerful tools to advocate for the natural world and to inform the general public on ways to travel sustainably and how to best experience the wonders of nature.Join us to learn invaluable new skills especially practical ones. You’ll revel in our unique environment and wildlife. You can experience first hand what to expect as you embark upon a career as a journalist. Let our team work with you to put into words, the wonders and challenges our world faces.
To be a successful journalist you must have an understanding of: current environmental concerns; environmental policy decisions; scientific studies; have knowledge of historical environmental events and above all else, possess an inquiring and curious mind.
- You don’t need any experience or academic qualifications in journalism.
- Expeditions will travel to different venues to allow you to visit the organisations upon which your stories are based.
- The environmental and travel journalism program runs over one month.
- We are far from malaria areas, and there are no strange African diseases which you could pick up. (Simply take normal safety into account.)
- The program runs for weekdays only, on the weekends you will be able to take part in activities / tours organised by our partner Oceans Discovery or relax.