COVID-19 Program Updates
Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, Projects Abroad has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.
Projects Abroad offers a variety of internships in South Africa in the fields of Nutrition, Journalism, International Development, Veterinary Medicine, and Law & Human RightsThis is your chance to enhance your professional skills in a setting where volunteers can make a profound difference. Visit our website for more details!
- A project just for you. With hundreds of options in over 25 countries all supported by directly-employed local staff, we will work with you to provide the placement that fits your interests and goals.
- Name your dates. Start any day you want and choose how long you want to stay.
- A home away from home. Living with a local host family allows you to settle in and immerse yourself in the local culture for a more complete experience. Great for language study, too.
- Friends from all corners of the world. Live and work in the same community as other Projects Abroad volunteers from over 40 countries. We will make sure you get to know each other.
- All in one price. Prices include all of your major in-country expenses and pre-departure guidance. You just have to worry about making your flight. We will book that for you too if you want.
Start Planning Next Year's Trip of a Lifetime..
We'll take you to five different countries around the world, where you'll gain a whole host of experience to make your resume shine & contribute to a better world.
Discover more & Apply! - Limited spaces available.
Live and work in Cape Town and gain work experience while learning from lawyers and human rights professionals.
Live and work in Cape Town and get valuable practical work experience as a journalist.
Help children with special needs enjoy the benefits of horse riding on this unique therapy placement.
Gain practical work experience with an NGO in Cape Town and support local community initiatives.