Paid TEFL Internship in Spain with Premier TEFL

The rain in Spain stays mainly on the plane, and that’s only one of the reasons you should teach in this amazing European culture hub.

You’ll spend 9 months teaching in Spain, which is just enough time to visit the incredible cultural sites such as visiting the stunning Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, Palacio Real in Madrid or any of the beautiful coastal towns.

Our 120 hour TEFL certificate will prepare you to teach before you board the plane, and you’ll continue learning once you get there on the 150 hour university TEFL course.

• 120 hour TEFL certificate & 150 hour university TEFL course
  • Accommodation provided
  • 2 meals a day
  • Free travel insurance for non-EU participants
  • Access to the Spanish Public Healthcare System

Isabelle

Barcelona Adventures!

After visiting Barcelona while in university, I immediately fell in love with the country and the culture, so when I learned about the teaching internship in Spain through PremierTEFL, I knew that it was an opportunity I couldn't pass up.

Since I started my position at a school here in Barcelona, I have grown to love the city even more (if that's even possible!). For me, the best thing about living abroad is that I am able to be fully immersed in a new culture - through working at the school, getting to know the teachers and the students, and living with a host family - while still maintaining an 'outsider's' perspective. This balance of the two has helped me in so many ways: I feel like I'm continually discovering new things about life in Barcelona, but I'm also able to relate these experiences back to other places that I've lived and worked. Overall, it has been such a wonderful learning and growing experience for me, especially for my first TEFL-based position abroad.

Having no teaching background, I felt that the internship's TEFL course offered me significant guidance. Not only did it gave me an idea of what to expect in the classroom, but it also equipped me with wide variety of resources, which - as I've come to learn - is one of a teacher's most important tools. PremierTEFL also provided a fantastic support system throughout the whole process.

As with any new experience, there will be ups and downs in moving to a new place, taking on a new position, and figuring out life in a new country. But these ups and downs are integral to shaping who you are as an individual; they make you stronger and help you discover something new about yourself. Looking back on my time here so far, I've learned so much about the world around me: from the friends I've made here, from the other teachers at the school, from the students I teach, and from the people I've met on my travels in Europe. If you're ready to embrace a new adventure, I highly encourage you to apply to the program!

"If you never try, you will never know what you are capable of." ~ John Barrow

Since PremierTEFL works together with CAPS Home to Home to place interns throughout Spain, I would have loved to know more about the partner company Home to Home while in the process of applying to the internship. Also while undergoing the application and interview process with CAPS Home to Home, it would have been great to have had some interview tips from PremierTEFL on how to prepare for the TEFL lesson plan and teaching experience part of the interview.
Briana

Spaniard Living

I currently reside in the Catalunya region of Spain. I decided to participate in the TEFL internship program because it has always been a goal of mine to work abroad. I love traveling and believed that I needed more than a one week vacation to get to know another culture. Within the past 2.5 months I have gotten to know so many people in my community, through the school I work in and my host family. With the holidays approaching I have felt home sick but I have established friendships that have helped me get through the tough times. Also everyone I´ve met has been absolutely supportive and welcoming!
Through this experience not only have I learned about a new culture but I´m also able to travel to other countries. As an American, who is visiting Europe for the first time, this is an amazing perk of the program. Also, with the TEFL course provided, I have additional guidance toward becoming an effective teacher. Especially when I do not have a teaching background. Overall I highly recommend this program to anyone looking for self growth, who love traveling, and who are open minded to a new experience.

This program can be improved by clarifying their role with CAPS home to home and stating that the intern will be working along aside CAPS rather than Premier TEFL.

About Premier TEFL

We’re a small organisation that is personal and passionate about providing enthusiastic and adventurous individuals like you the opportunity to make one of the best investments in your future!

Our specialized team of recruiters are unique to Premier...