Projects Abroad Internships in Sri Lanka

Join an internship in Sri Lanka with Projects Abroad! An international internship can provide you with the skills you need to prepare and advance in your career.
Internship opportunities include Business, Journalism, Veterinary Medicine, or Medicine & Healthcare areas such as Nursing, Pharmacy, Midwifery, General Medicine, Dentistry, Physical Therapy, or Public Health. Please visit our website to learn more about volunteering in Sri Lanka with Projects Abroad. Grasp this opportunity to intern in Sri Lanka!

• The Projects Abroad medical internship in Sri Lanka is tailored with your needs in mind. Start when you wants, and end when you want.
  • Interns usually work in rotations and get involved with a variety of hospital departments. Projects Abroad is usually able to customize internships, so you have more time to get involved working in fields of your choice.
  • You will be working alongside medical professionals and other international interns, giving you the opportunity to make the most out of your internship!
  • Gain valuable professional experience while also making an impact in the lives of patients by assisting in various procedures.
  • Visit the Projects Abroad website to start planning your medical internship in Sri Lanka. Or better yet, let a representative plan it for you!

Claire

Volunteer Abroad in Sri Lanka

I had an incredible time volunteering in Sri Lanka with Projects Abroad over winter break. From the minute I stepped off the plane, I was welcomed by very friendly staff in Colombo. I quickly met other volunteers, and then traveled to my host family's house to meet them. There were eight other volunteers living in my house, and some of them are now my lifelong friends. My host family was incredibly kind and welcoming, and was always available to answer any questions we had. Dinner was delicious every night, and there was plenty of filtered water for all of us. During the day, I volunteered at various hospitals in Panadura. It was a little intimidating to be a college student surrounded by medical students, fellows, and doctors, but they were all very kind and excited to help us learn. We also spent a lot of time at the children's home, where we taught them about healthcare and helped them prepare for the Christmas holidays. Over the weekend, we traveled to Kandy where we visited an elephant reserve and many local markets. I am looking forward to returning to Sri Lanka to explore more of the beautiful countryside.

I would have liked to have more instructional seminars and lectures about healthcare and diseases in Sri Lanka, since it is so different than in the US. I enjoyed the talks we went to, and would have loved to learn more.

About Projects Abroad

Projects Abroad is a global organization formed around the need for gap year programs abroad designed for students taking a break from studying. Since its inception, Projects Abroad has expanded to offer high school volunteer programs, and a vast...