View Other Details
What’s Included in your fees
• Accommodation - Shared rooms in volunteer house at our orphanage, Jericho Orphanage
• Food - 3 meals a day
• Pre-Departure Kit -Full project details will be sent following registration
• Orientation - All necessary introductions and training will be provided upon arrival
What’s Not Included
• Flights, personal expenses, travel and medical insurance
• Transportation to the working places (you can walk or cycle)
• Personal food cost apart from the 3 meals we provide
• Drinking water (you can buy water in shops and supermarkets nearby)
• Soaps, toilet paper and other toiletries (can be bought in shops and supermarkets nearby)
Job description as medical intern
Job responsibilities of interns joining a medical internship in Tanzania, Arusha, Karatu (in all dispensary and hospital we operate internship project) vary with education, skills, experience and qualifications. Interns are not allowed to perform surgical operations.
As a medical intern your work activities will be:
• Assist a doctor in testing human samples such as blood, tissue, urine or cerebrospinal and fecal material for enzymes, hormones and other constituents.
• Assist a doctor in analyzing cell cultures grown from tissue samples and identifying blood groups
• Assist a doctor on working with computers, sophisticated automated machinery, microscopes and other hi-tech laboratory equipment
• Assisting in ensuring that the necessary turnaround times for reporting results are achieved wherever possible.