• Tanzania

Compensation
Unpaid
Year Round
Qualifications
  • At least one year of relevant college/university study

Pricing

$610 USD
Intern Abroad HQ operates with two fees, which ensure your internship is covered from start to finish. These fees are broken down in the following way:

Registration fee:

What's Not Included
Airfare Travel Insurance Visa
Jun 07, 2021
Aug 07, 2019

Take an internship journey with us to Tanzania and experience everything the African east coast wonderland has to offer. IAHQ has over 10 career-focused internship options in Tanzania, focused in the fields of Education, Medical and Human Sciences.

On your placement work, you will have the opportunity to receive dedicated guidance and supervision from a trained Program Director and trained local professionals. The best part about an internship with IAHQ is our affordable fees and super flexible and start dates. Available year-round, from 2 weeks. With start dates every Monday.

Internship placements are based in the urban areas of Arusha and located within close proximity to comfortable and modern accommodation. The city of Arusha is located on the “safari circuit” near some of Africa’s greatest national parks and game reserves, including Serengeti, Mount Kilimanjaro, the Ngorongoro Conservation Area, and Arusha National Park on Mount Meru.

Program Highlights

• Receive pre-departure and 24/7 in-country support
  • Customised placements
  • Flexible start dates
  • Short term duration
  • Experiential learning curriculum

Natalie

Your experience is what you make of it

I absolutely loved my time abroad in Tanzania this summer. Compared to my many past experiences volunteering abroad, this has been the best journey I have had. I taught at a primary school called Assumption School that was rich with socio-economic diversity among the student body and staff. The children were absolutely adorable and completely fluent in English! I was so lucky to have had the opportunity to have had taught them and I wouldn’t change it for the world! I felt so well informed and well prepared for my work, and was lucky enough to be with other interns who brought so much positivity to the accommodation to the point where I was excited to not only go to work to see my kids, but also to come home and spend time with my new found family.

There is not a thing I would change! I really enjoyed my trip.
Response from Intern Abroad HQ

Hi Natalie,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! It's awesome to hear that the teaching staff were so welcoming to you and assisted with so many aspects of your internship stay. I'm sure that your positive energy will also be missed by the team and your home-away-from-home.
All the best with your future plans!
Asante! From Dallas and the Intern Abroad HQ team :-)

Cora

Women's Shelter in Tanzania

Going abroad for an internship was one of the best things I could of done for my self growth. It opened me up to an environment that is completely new and full of opportunity. My supervisors were all helpful with answering questions and being a friendly face to see everyday. She checked in on me quite frequently to see how I was doing in my placement and overall. There is a lot of public transportation that will help you get anywhere you want. Everyone in the city who I interacted it were very friendly. I lived not too far from my work and the center of the city. The interns all got very close as well, which made Arusha feel like home. The experience was something I will treasure for a lifetime, and hopefully will get to do again sometime in the future. I would highly recommend this experience to anyone interested.

What I would improve is more structure at the shelter. When I got there I have never been in an environment where there was no structure, so I felt very lost in the beginning.
Response from Intern Abroad HQ

Hi Cora, it's awesome to read these comments about your experiences and hear that the internship was a great investment in your personal growth! We wish you all the best with your next adventures. Asante! From Dallas and the Intern Abroad HQ team :-)