Internship for Social Work Students in the field of Family Social Work
View Other Details
Each month will cost you 400€. This price includes: full accommodation, food (Breakfast and Dinner, Monday-Friday), salary costs for the staff of Shamiri, costs for inter-seminar and administrative costs.
Accommodation, food, materials etc. for your preparation and follow-up Seminars in Germany, costs for seminars, administrative costs and a language class worth 300€ (60 hours).
As an intern you would work with the local NGO Waridi La Matumaini. It is assisting marginalized children and their families. The activities of your internship include supporting the social worker and counsellor in doing family visits, counselling, school
visits and other jobs; organising projects for the supported children; getting insights in the work of a Tanzanian NGO; cooperating with Rose of Hope Tanzania e. V. in Germany; fundraising for the project; and technical advice for the project (social media, publicity work, brochures, etc.).
You will be volunteering through the organization SHAMIRI. Part of the successful volunteering is the pedagogic concept our organization follows. This concept focuses on global learning and the development of engagement. You as a Volunteer always have the chance to co-create your seminars.
Video and Photos
- Internship in the field of family social work
- Volunteer sustainably through supporting a local NGO
- Enjoy the intercultural exchange at work and through our Swahili language and cultural classes
- Be well prepared through a preparation (2 days) and arrival seminar (5 days)
- Learn in a global context through our monthly seminars and daily exchange with other Volunteers and our staff