View Other Details
Each month will cost you 200€. This price includes: full accommodation, food (Breakfast and Dinner, Monday-Friday), salary costs for the staff of Shamiri, costs for inter-seminar and administrative costs.
Accommodation, food, materials etc. for your preparation and follow-up Seminars in Germany, costs for seminars, administrative costs and a language class worth 300€ (60 hours).
Shamiri is a sustainable volunteer organisation focusing on intercultural exchange and global learning.
Your intercultural learning experience consists of three important pillars:
1. An internship in a project in the field of development. We cooperate with sustainable constantly monitored projects in Mwanza in the fields of
- Tutoring/teaching/counselling marginalised children of all ages
- Early childhood development
- Coordinating educational support
- Social work for families and sustainable development
- Working for people with or affected by HIV/AIDS
- Community managed micro-finance
- Photography and filmography
- Agricultural programs
2. An ongoing accompaniment through well-educated staff. We offer a preparation seminar before your departure, an arrival seminar upon reaching Tanzania, monthly inter-seminars, constantly available contact people at your accommodation, and a follow-up seminar.
3. Intercultural learning through language and cultural classes.
- Sustainable Internship through supporting local NGOs and projects
- Development cooperation through volunteering in Tanzania, Africa
- Enjoy the intercultural exchange at your internship and through our Swahili language and cultural classes
- Be well prepared through a preparation (2 days) and arrival seminar (5 days)
- Learn in a global context through our monthly seminars and daily exchange with others and our staff