Marketing & Program Management Internships in Thailand

Elephants!!!
Beautiful flowers everywhere.
The Rescue Paws pack running on the beach.
Interns and TESOL students picking up food for the elephants at a pineapple plantation.
Jetlag was unreal the first week, but we made the most of our 4AM rises by catching the sunrise.

This Greenheart Travel internship in Thailand not only gives you professional experience with an international and multicultural company, but is also a chance to explore a new culture and way of life. You will be able to choose between two types of internship ship positions, and gain experience in marketing, writing, event planning, and logistics for the organization and for its non-profit animal rescue affiliate.

Program at a Glance:
- 12-week professional development internship in Hua Hin, Thailand
- Earn academic credit
- 100+ internship hours working on impactful business projects in the local Thai community

Program Fee: $1,670

• Interns receive a weekly stipend (enough to cover meals)
  • All interns will be matched with a mentor for professional development guidance
  • Professional Letter of Recommendation following the successful completion of the internship
  • Thai cultural training and excursions during your internship program
  • Accommodation included in the program fee

Based of their website, http://greenhearttravel.org/program/adult/work/winter-break-internship-in-thailand, it looks like you can either volunteer for 8 or 12 weeks. Hope that helps!

Michelle

Being a Marketing and PR Intern at a Dog Rescue in Thailand

Doing this program was one of the best decisions of my life. Greenheart was incredibly supportive throughout all the pre-departure planning and the trip itself. Being a first time traveller, I was also able to apply for the Greenheart Travel First Time Traveller Scholarship which was a huge financial help to me!

Rescue P.A.W.S. became my second home and will forever have a special place in my heart. I was lucky to have an incredible boss and amazing coworkers who I know will be friends for life. My days were spent with puppies or cats in my lap, putting my skills to use in a way that I can confidently say I am proud of. This internship is very self-directed - I came in with project ideas in mind and was able to do all of them. I come from an art background and was even able to illustrate for, and design, a bunch of new merchandise, which isn't something I thought I'd be doing in a marketing internship at all! I loved Rescue P.A.W.S. so much that I even decided to stay a couple of months longer than I had planned. If you're on the fence about doing this program, don't be. What could be better than puppies in Thailand?

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
The most unfamiliar thing I ate was a scorpion. It tasted like crunchy plastic.
Tabitha

An adventure I will never forget!

If you are considering an internship in Thailand through Greenheart Travel, stop what you are doing and APPLY NOW. My experience has been truly wonderful. I love working for XploreAsia and I am so grateful to Greenheart for helping me through the process of preparing to live on the other side of the world! The staff at both companies are some of the friendliest and most positive individuals I have had the pleasure to know and to work with.

Before I came on this internship, I had never been abroad for longer than two weeks at a time, and I have to admit the thought of living in a third world country (about which I knew almost nothing) for 3 months was a bit daunting. I was anxious about getting my VISA and everything in on time, as I applied so close to the deadline, but I felt very reassured by Kara and the rest of the Greenheart staff that they would make sure everything went as smoothly as possible. They were very informative and quick to respond to any questions I had!

I am now working as a Programs Intern at XA and I am really enjoying life here in Hua Hin. This is my LIFE now, not a vacation, though at times I am having so much fun that it feels like some kind of adult summer camp! The work is very similar to jobs I have held back home - spreadsheets, formatting, emails, coordinating events, conducting surveys, etc. - but in my free time I get to meet new people from all over the world, explore a new country, eat delicious exotic food, and learn about a completely different culture!

My experience in Thailand has been amazing and I highly recommend it to anyone with a sense of adventure who is looking for a great opportunity to travel, meet new people, broaden their perspectives, and build their resume at the same time.

Shannon

This Trip Will Change Your Life

So I signed up for this internship hoping to just get school credit, travel abroad for a bit over winter break, and be able to put a noteworthy experience on my resume. Although I did end up accomplishing all of those things, what I took away from this experience was something that I could have never imagined.
Prior to your departure, the Greenheart Travel staff will help you out every single step of the way: from booking different flight options, to hosting an orientation, to answering any and every question you may have no matter how crazy it may seem. If you have any pre-travel anxiety or nerves, you can count on Greenheart to take care of you.
Thailand is a very hard place to describe solely with words. It's beautiful, breathtaking, and overwhelming all at the same time. Your time here will be spent between registering all of the experiences and opportunities put in front of you, eating delicious Thai food, getting to know the surrounding culture, and attributing your work and effort towards your internship. Although the internship duties aren't as extensive as you may initially want, your time here in Thailand will be thoroughly well spent. As an NGO coordinator, I received the opportunity to work with Rescue Paws, a company that strives to facilitate the lives of stray animals throughout Thailand. My duties included feeding strays, travelling to different temples to feed and administer vaccinations to some amazing dogs, helping out at the Rescue Paws Clinic, and assisting in the expansion and awareness for said organization. Being able to intern with Rescue Paws was unbelievable. I got to work with animals, know that I was making a lasting difference in their lives, and while travelling to various temples, I was able to further the historic beauty and everyday life of Thai culture.
Not only does this internship allow you to experience a completely different culture, it allows you to experience a completely different side of yourself that you've never known before. My time in Thailand gave me the opportunity to see life and culture through a new lens, gain new perspective, discover more about what I liked/disliked, and so much more.
If you are searching for an experience to learn about yourself, gain new perspectives, and do some good in the world- all while adding a great involvement to your resume... then this is the program for you.

Sara

I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I'll be honest and say that the work I did as an intern wasn't super impactful on my career or professional development, but my experience as a foreigner certainly was.

My first week in Thailand I remember calling home and telling my best friend about how hard my bed was, how difficult it was to barter, and how loudly I screamed when a frog latched onto my bare foot. By the end of my internship my phone had been off for two weeks, I had a suitcase full of Thai goodies, and even braved tarantulas to see the beauty of one of Thailand's famous caves. In short; I grew the confidence to let go of the American norms I was so comfortable with and that's something a recruiter will want to talk about during an interview and your friends will notice when you get home.

As for the program itself, you won't be thrown into a foreign country without a parachute. There's an orientation week that includes a thai language course, a history lesson, and trips to feed elephants, practice muay thai, and visit a temple. It's a hectic week but it helps you bond with the other interns and shows you the hotspots of your new home.

GH does a great job at prepping you before you leave, your advisor has actually gone through the program herself so she's super helpful! XA will be your family in Thailand, they're all super sweet and tell you how to make the most of your time in Thailand after your 9-5.

PS: There will be AC and a working toilet at home and at work.

The staff seemed to have underestimated how much the interns could accomplish on a daily basis, so some days we didn't have work to do and just had to entertain ourselves in the office for hours. We were the first interns to do this program though, so this could be something that improves as the program grows.