CIS Abroad - Intern in Chiang Mai

cis abroad intern in chiang mai thailand

On the Intern in Thailand program you'll have the perfect opportunity to experience Thailand from the inside-out. While you work amongst the community, you will quickly find that each day starts off with an adventure as unique as the day before. From the lively Night Bazaar, aglow with paper lanterns and chatter of vendors, to the tucked away corners of bustling Chiang Mai, our advisors will work with you to make sure your time in Thailand jumpstarts your professional and personal growth.

• Hands-on placements in the fields of healthcare, education, journalism, and community development
  • Homestay for full immersion into the beautiful and welcoming Thai culture
  • Flexible start dates throughout the year
  • Quaint college town of Chiang Mai, full of charm and adventure
  • 3 to 12 U.S. credit options available

CISabroad Scholarships
CISabroad Scholarships and Financial Aid

70% of all CISabroad students receive scholarships, grants, or discounts to study abroad. We're unapologetically committed to increasing access to international education for all students.

$250 - $500

Peyton

My Dream Internship

This summer I spent eight weeks participating in a Public Health Internship. I was able to get hands-on experience in my career field. In addition to shadowing and observing, I was taught how to give physical exams and was even able to assist! This hands-on experience in the medical field is unparalleled to my participation in the US! I was able to do things I didn't think possible.

I was also able to travel on the weekends and experience things I have never done before! I went scuba diving, visited temples and tried new food all while challenging myself and learning so much about not only my host country, but myself as well! My host family allowed me to have the ultimate cultural immersion. At the end of the summer, I wasn't homesick! I got everything and more out of my abroad experience.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
I tried a local soup with chicken feet and blood... it's a delicacy in Thailand!
Mackenzie

Amazing Chiang Mai, Thailand

From the tranquil temples to exhilarating night markets, Thailand never ceased to amaze me. I highly recommend an adventure to Thailand if you are seeking out exotic experiences to last a lifetime in your memories.
With the experience I have gained from working at a medical clinic, I will be able to provide better care to my patients as a nurse. This experience has given me a chance to become a better person.
At some point during your time abroad, you will feel culture shock from stepping outside your comfort zone or that suspicious knot in your stomach as you long for the comforts of home. This feeling can range from overwhelming to only a minor inconvenience. In my case, it was a slight inconvenience that went away easily with food—more specifically home cooked food. No matter where you travel, study, or intern abroad, a home-cooked meal is universal, and it certainly brings feelings of happiness to whomever shares the meal.

Interns could be taught more Thai phrases before entering the workforce.