SEE TEFL - English Teacher Paid Internship in Thailand

SEE TEFL - English Teacher Paid Internship in Thailand

SEE TEFL is much more than the most popular TEFL training course in SE Asia. They now offer 4-5 month teaching internships which provide an opportunity for participants to live as English teachers in Thai schools in rural areas of the country. Participants fully immerse in Thai culture and live as a respected 'ajarn' in their new community.

The Internship includes pre-course training via the Internet, 2 weeks face-to-face training while staying at a beautiful resort 5-minutes walk from their training school and a guaranteed placement for 1 semester in a rural or provincial school. The two intakes per year coincide with the start of the two Thai academic semesters in early May and late October.

• Guaranteed Job with only a 4-5 month teaching commitment
  • Guaranteed monthly salary of at least 25,000 THB per month
  • Pre-course and 2 weeks' on-site teaching skills and cultural awareness preparation training
  • 15 nights luxury resort resort accommodation during onsite training included in the course fee
  • Free option to extend the Internship program into full TEFL certification
Asia » Thailand » Chiang Mai
Asia » Thailand
Industry
Resume
Age Requirement
Language Requirement
The standard fee for the complete program is $1,295 USD. Payment is made in two parts:

US$495 deposit payment which reserves the place on the program
US$800 balance payment, which is due at the end of the first day of the program

Payment includes 15 nights resort accommodation during the on-site training period in Chiang Mai.

Pre-course training is sent to your email address around 1 month before onsite training starts. It's objective is to familiarize trainees with grammar terminology and EFL teaching methodology before onsite face-to-face training starts in Chiang Mai. Participants receive a salary once they start teaching. IE after training.
We have recently changed our eligibility requirements to allow non-native speakers with a language proficiency equivalent to at least IELTS band 7 to apply.

Amy
Thailand
University of Leeds

Great experience!!!

I have just completed the internship programme, and have really enjoyed the last 5 months! I looked around at lots of different internship programmes before deciding on the SEE TEFL course, and I'm now very glad that I did. I would recommend this internship to anybody wanting to do this type of course.

The two week training period is pretty intense as you would expect, but by the end of it you feel ready to enter the classroom. The staff at SEE TEFL are really good at what they do, and are very friendly and supportive. I received lots of help and advice with everything from accommodation to visas and have rated 10 out of 10 with regards to staff support.

SEE TEFL were also really good in terms of finding us placements which we were happy with. I was lucky because I wanted to stay in Chiang Mai and got to work at a school which is only 20 minutes away from the city. I was placed at a small school in a really nice location. Staff from SEE TEFL have continued to be in touch frequently during the placement and have visited the school on several occasions.

I have found the actual teaching to be quite challenging, but very rewarding and enjoyable too!

Chris
Mae Hong Son, Northern Thailand
University of Sheffield

An excellent preparation for the classroom

I turned to SEE TEFL because I wanted a good quality certification and, having never been in classroom before (at least not on the other side of the desk), I wanted a course that would give me rounding in how to function as a teacher. Certainly I got both from SEE. [And telling tales outside of school, I have run into people getting a similar training for a lot more money.]

The course includes lectures in grammar (that feel friendly than that phrase implies) and a training in a standard teaching method. This was followed in the second week by our practicing those skills ourselves in mock classes in front of Thai members of SEE staff. It is intensive going from being taught to teach to teaching within a fortnight - and its not for the faint-hearted - but it made as comfortable experience as possible.

I've rated ten-out-of-ten in the section of continuing staff support for their graduates but really there isn't a rating high enough. During my training weeks I continually saw those who'd previously been trained there drifting through either asking for classroom advice, immigration support, or just to use the facilities. Since taking up a teaching post I've written to them checking a query on grammar I had, and have left myself entirely in their hands when it comes to letting me know what to do on the VISA front.

I came away feeling entirely satisfied with the training and with the town/school I've been sent to.

Because this is an internship the length can be looked at as either six months (including the internship and the deadline date for the accompanying essay) but I've selected the program length as two-weeks as that is the duration of the formal training.

The internship is half the length of the standard four-week course - which itself is intensive (so I'm told and so I can imagine) - I opted for this as it led directly into a job (and a job at a school that would keep me on after the internship as I imagine most would) but there is no getting away from it is tough. Also I could understand someone finishing a two week course and worrying about not being fit to function in a classroom. These concerns will likely melt away after a few weeks at it.

Especially if you have been out of education/formal training for a while, do choose your course appropriately. With confidence at semi-public speaking and a history of responding well to information from lectures (and some application), there is no course for concern. I could understand why someone would feel the need for a longer period of preparation for the classroom. Though a four-week course would entail being in front of kids within that period so there's no putting it off.

Best of luck to all !!

Kathryn
THAILAND

Look no further!!!!!

If you want to learn to teach 'English as a second language' this is your course. The teachers are experienced and thorough, the course is so well structured and organised you will learn so much without even realising it, the time goes so quickly. By the time the course has finished you will have the experience of 6 teaching practices and the confidence to continue as a teacher in Thailand and many other countries. The staff and class where really helpful and friendly.I have taken away so much from SEE TEFL course. A new career, confidence and loads of new friends.

Kathryn
U.K

If I HAD to have one suggestion of change... when it comes to teaching the observed classes some teachers have more students then others I heard a little moaning that this wasn't fair as the teacher would have to supply more of their own paper materials... saying that its very inexpensive so It really isnt much of a problem.

SEE TEFL is one of the most most established and respected TEFL training courses in Asia. They offer the standard 120-hour 4-week program with 6 1-hour observed teaching practices in local schools allowing graduates to teach anywhere across the world plus a 4-5 month teaching