Internship in Thailand by Asia Internship Program

Working in power plant in Thailand
Bangkok Traffic
Songkran
Songkran
swimming pool in Bangkok
swimming pool in Bangkok

The Kingdom of Thailand is renowned for its amazing street food, rich culture, and friendly locals. Their economy is rapidly emerging with new businesses, which means there are opportunities for young professionals. It dominates in the Hospitality & Tourism department. Other popular industries include Business Development, Engineering, and Journalism.

We at AIP provide an opportunity for young professionals to develop skills in an international environment. We are partnered with a large variety of companies, which means we can create an internship experience unique to you.

Our programs also offer the following:
- Customized internship placement
- Transportation card
- SIM card
- Networking Events
- Certificate of Achievement

Notice: the tuition fee consists of a customized internship, housing, professional networking, and more. Each internship is unpaid due to foreign countries' regulation

• Customized Internship
  • Fully Furnished Accommodation
  • Visa Assistance
  • 24/7 Emergency Assistance
  • Social Activities & Trips

Please make your application online on our website (https://internsinasia.com/).

Hi Jennyfer, The best way to know is to contact AIP ( Asia Internship Program) directly, look for their contact on their website or Facebook page. I know they have a large choice of Internships in different industries and areas. The one I did, was a 6 months internship in Advertising and Marketing in a renowned communication agency. It was very useful and I have no doubt it improved my CV and...

Michael

Worthwhile experience in Thailand!

The internship provided by AIP was very good, really enjoyed my stay in Thailand, and met a lot of new people. First of all, really appreciate the help of the program and the opportunity provided. I was really thrilled when received an acceptance letter from them. My parents were very happy and supportive from the very beginning, but my friends, on the other hand, felt bad, because that meant I would leave them for at least 3 months. After the acceptance, the process took around 2-3 months in total and of course there was plenty of back and forth communication, but it felt like smooth that I haven’t even realized how fast time flies. Second of all, after everything has been confirmed and the company offered my position, flights were booked and the visa was ready. So I flew to Bangkok and straight-up met at least 5 other interns even before starting my internship since they were staying in the same building. Can tell you in advance Friday evening gatherings were unforgettable. Apart from the internship experience itself there were few cultural trips organized by AIP, one was to the Authaya (sort of old capital of Thailand) and the second was to one of the islands. The food was extremely tasty and cheap, which made me less worried about budgeting for meals. Of course, not all of the program participants were easygoing, and only a few of them were quite toxic, but it is not really AIP to blame about it, since no such community that could be perfect. Finally, since AIP provided networking opportunities that I’ve been going to and using all of them. By doing so I expanded my business network quite a lot. Only my LinkedIn profile increased to 500+ connections from only 20 before the internship. On top of that, the majority of those connections were international, since the networking events were attended by people from different industries and different countries.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
I would honestly say the most surprising thing that I ever did was take this opportunity to do this internship and getting out of my comfort zones
Rosaria

Experiencing the Land of Smiles

Beautiful experience and I love Thailand so much it's crazy how much I've done in the past 2 months. I was filled with so much joy and just living in the city was such a crazy adventure. At first, I was so nervous that I wasn't going to survive in Thailand because I thought that no one could speak a word of English. Honestly, it's true, not a lot of people could speak but you could see foreigners left and right and you'd be surprised by the number of people that know how to speak English in the malls and general stores. This made is so much easier for me to get to places and explore the city as I please. Although, if any of you plan on coming to Thailand, many roads are pretty sketchy so always go with a friend, don't go alone.

AIP was a great internship provider as well. They always kept in touch with me and always asked how I was doing at work. There were a couple of times that I found myself lost in something and the people at AIP would be more than happy to help as fast as they could. It felt really nice to be in touch with someone all the time.

On top of everything, I had to chance to visit the islands that I wanted to and my god, they were so beautiful. Some of the beaches were clean and some were dirty, but it was still worth the experience.

I definitely recommend this program and if you have the opportunity, take it, and if you are scared to do anything new, get out of your comfort zone.
Sharon

Life experience for sure

There are a few very important and vital points that I would like to describe here, so everyone who is looking for an internship program can use it to make a proper decision. First of all, going to a completely new country, that you’ve never been before will require a lot of research and preparation. In my case, due to tight schedule with exams I almost had no time to do so, as a result, chose a standard package with AIP, where they take care of all on-ground issues, including accommodation arrangement, meeting me at the airport, a local sim card and transportation card. By the time I arrived in Thailand, everything was taken care of and I was able to focus on internship experience itself. Second of all, internship experience might be not exactly as you would expect it to be. Don’t get me wrong that has nothing to do with AIP as an organization but mostly due to cultural differences, and work environment in general. The majority of companies in Thailand give their interns a lot of opportunities to bring something new. In comparison to other parts of the world where I had experienced before, where intern just needs to follow exact instructions and make sure everything executed on time. Last but not least, plan something outside of your work life. Of course all workdays you most likely will spend at the office and maybe some extra activities in the evening, however, the weekend will be free. Unless you’ve planned something in advance with your friends, you can organize some activities with other interns from AIP, who will also be in the country at that time. With me, I’ve managed to expand my network internationally and also in different sectors, since interns were from different industries.

If you have the opportunity to do something, do it.
Anthony

My internship in Bangkok

I was hoping to find an internship abroad since I would like to work abroad and I didn't want to do the usual Seattle tech scene style of internship. I went online and found AIP and after thoroughly reading up on them and the reviews left by others I decided to reach out. They were quick to reply and set me up with an interview. I was a little nervous for my interview but as soon as it began, my interviewer made me instantly feel like comfortable. They were very easy to talk to yet very professional.

AIP found me a company that matched my skills, backgrounds, and interests and helped me get an interview with them. After the interview with my internship sponsor, AIP was quick to inform me that I was accepted and I spent the next three months having the time of my life growing my technical skills with my company while exploring Bangkok.

Any time I had to reach out to anyone from AIP I was replied to within 24 hours. They also frequently hold events that allow interns to experience Bangkok and network with professionals. My only regret is that I did not sign up for a longer internship. Thanks to AIP and the company they set me up with, I had a capstone experience that I will never forget!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
If I could do one thing differently, without a doubt it would be to go for a longer period of time!
Clara

AIP Thailand Rocks!

All my life I wanted to travel to Thailand—it was a dream of mine. AIP gave me the push I needed to fulfill one of my career goals working for a lifestyle magazine in a culture I had wished to immerse myself in for years. Without AIP, I would not have stepped on the country's ground in the same way. I learned the ins and outs of Bangkok's leading lifestyle magazine, which was a fabulous placement for me. The staff was friendly, helpful fun and not only became my coworkers but my friends as well.
Upon arriving in Thailand, AIP's friendly and responsive staff made my stay easy, welcoming and unforgettable. They were there when I had any question—yes, there are dumb questions—and they even advised me on recommendations during my stay here.
If you're wanting to travel and get to know another culture while pursuing advancement in your career, I would recommend this program. They were the crutch, connection and network I needed to kickstart my future.

I would make sure the apartments are fully cleaned and furnished upon arrival.
Jess

So sabai-sabai!

It was a necessity for me to take part in a film and media internship as required by my University. I had been to Thailand in 2017 and I loved it so it was a clear winner!

AIP placed me in a media agency where I made visual content about local leisure & lifestyle. I can be very particular when it comes to my work, but my coordinator was patient in getting to understand my wants and needs. My work focused on travel and fashion and I could work on independent, cultural pieces too. It was made getting used to the culture much easier!

My coordinator was thorough with explaining my visa application process which was a major help because I assumed I would be getting a visa on arrival like the last time - I was wrong. I would defiantly recommended AIP to anyone who asked!

I am really happy with AIP but it was a while before I met some of my other fellow interns - an arranged meeting for new interns to meet would have been great!
Adam

I had an amazing time.

I just got back from my internship in Thailand. One word, “Awesome”. My position was an intern in marketing. I really enjoyed my internship as I have learnt new marketing strategies that are different where I am from. This opens my perception on many things such as culture, and what and why people do things.

Aside from just doing my internship, I had fun traveling in Bangkok. I went to Wat Arun which is on the bank of the Chao Phraya River. It is stunning because the temple’s design was different from all the other temples that you can visit in Bangkok. I went around the evening and found that it was crowded, so I came back the next morning.

China Town also known as Yao Wa Rat, is a place that every intern should visit. There are great varieties of amazing food. This place is crowded with shops in the morning and afternoon, and the night is filled with food stalls.

Traveling is easy. It is good to know before hand on how to get to a certain location so you can save time and money. If you only travel in the Sukhumvit area, you can use the BTS sky train which is easy to use, and fast to travel in.

While I did alot of travelling I would have liked to have done so with fellow interns more often. It would have been nice for AP to arrange more regular trips.
Ger

Logistics with AIP

As part of my University studies I was required to take part in a co-op module where we would intern or work abroad for 6 months. I wasn’t really excited about the prospect of interning at home in Ireland so I decided to look overseas and stumbled upon AIP’s website. I outlined my University requirements in my interview with them and paid a deposit to solidify my place in the program and made an updated CV. A few weeks after this I was sent information about a company and had an interview scheduled with them. The interview went ok, I stutter a little bit when I am feeling nervous and stumble over my words but it mustn't have been too bad because I was accepted and I sent off the documentation to my University for approval. Moving to Thailand must have been one of the most nerve-wracking things I’ve ever done, I was so anxious the night before not going crossed my mind but of course in the end my common sense prevailed and I boarded the plane. Thailand is unlike anywhere I’ve been before and I was a bit overwhelmed my first few weeks here but I loved it! The food, the people, my work, and best of all, the travel - my favorite spots being Chiang Mai and Koh Lanta! I’m so glad I took the plunge and did something a bit out of my comfort zone, I definitely recommend AIP.

I think I could have benefited form a bit of coaching before the company interview.