Ready to get off the beaten path? In Uganda, ELI's medical interns have the opportunity to get deeply involved in the local community and assist in all aspects of local healthcare in Iganga. Previous interns have been able to assist with giving birth, bandaging minor wounds, and planning/running community clinics and workshops. Advanced students can assist in the OR.
This program is appropriate for nursing and medical students, medical professionals, and well-qualified/advanced undergraduates.
- A great to to gain professional experience for a medical career path.
- Hands on work allows qualified participants to make a real tangible difference in the community.
- Your experience will be what you make them to be, so get ready to put in hard work for rewarding results!
- If you are a current medical student, this is a great opportunity to shadow a doctor and pick up expertise in the field!
- Volunteers and interns in Uganda become deeply involved in the local community and leave with lasting friendships.