Ecotourism & Community development internship in Vietnam

Ecotourism & Community development internship in Vietnam

Are you wondering where to go for your real experience of your study and your future career? How can you combine both volunteering to help local community and traveling? “Ecotourism & Community Development Internship” is the best choice for you. Via this project, participants will take a research trip in a hill-tribe village and its surroundings in the Northwest Vietnam which is the most pristine beauty and biodiversity as well. Staying in a homestay with a local host family working right on site in the tranquil settings, and experiencing all kinds of eco-tours with local people’s support, you will have a fulfilling experience in your study, and it also give you creative ideas in order to help locals develop their own business.

Asia » Vietnam » Hanoi
Asia » Vietnam
Compensation
N/A
Resume
Cover Letter
Phone / Skype Interview
Weekly Hours
VVS’s placement fee includes the following:

o Registration fees
o Written materials pre-departure
o Facilitating a volunteer experience in program site that specifically meets your needs
o Accommodation: Dorm bed accommodation in a house with a few others

Communal areas:

o Food: 3 meals per day
o Transport to and from work where required
o Round trip transfer Hanoi – Mai Chau – Hanoi
o Assisting with local transport and providing advice on public transport routes
o Airport meet and greet service
o Complete English preparation and orientation information pack
o Advice, assistance, and guidance before, during, and after your stay
o Support: 24-hour support from on-site coordinator
o Assistance with planning your weekend excursions from local staff

Exclude:

o Visa
o All flights
o Travel & health insurance
o Transfer back to airport at conclusion of program
o First night accommodation in Hanoi
o Vaccinations
o In-country trips and tours
o Souvenirs
o Personal expenses
o Other services not mentioned above
Mai Chau

Rachael
Australia

A true insight into Vietnamese people and their customs

My trip to Mai Chau was my first time in Vietnam and also my first volunteering experience which turned into a memorable adventure. Everything was taken care of by David at Vina Volunteers who made sure I had my visa, transportation and accommodation taken care of as well as making sure someone met me to take me to my hotel in Hanoi upon arrival in Vietnam. David also made sure I had plenty of information regarding Vietnamese culture and general advice on visiting Vietnam.
I stayed with Xuan during my Ecotourism and Community Development program after spending a few days sightseeing in Hanoi and was pleased to be welcomed into her clean, comfortable home in the beautiful green village of Ban Luc. I spent several days with David and Xuan on treks to remote areas outside of Mai Chau where we met and ate with Thai and Hmong people in their villages before returning back to Mai Chau to work on writing content for my project. I particularly enjoyed taking part in the daily routine where I got the chance to eat meals with Xuan, take time out with the locals after lunch and explore the local areas on foot in the afternoon.
For anyone wishing to truly experience Vietnam and participate in living like a local, I would absolutely recommend choosing this homestay project. The families are welcoming and will quickly introduce you to their way of living which will provide you with a true insight into Vietnamese people and their customs.

Very enjoyable experience

This was my first experience working as a volunteer and it did not disappoint. David from Vina Volunteer is an enthusiastic and intelligent man who ensured the entire process ran smoothly. He arranged for my visa, ensured I was greeted at the airport and transferred to my hotel in Hanoi and provided a lot of helpful advice regarding visiting Vietnam.

I undertook the “Ecotourism and Community Development”. After having a few days to explore Hanoi I was met by David at my hotel and we took a bus to the village of Mai Chau to begin our work. Upon arrival at our homestay I met Xuan, a forty eight year old woman who would be my host. Her homestay is clean and comfortable and I was made to feel at home immediately.

The next five days were spent trekking to more remote areas; David, Xuan and I visited different villages of ethnic minority groups including White Thai and Hmong people. David is passionate about developing tourism in the region in a way that benefits the local people. We enjoyed the warm hospitality of the village people and shared many beautiful meals on our journey.

Once the trekking was completed we returned to Mai Chau where I spent the next week editing various documents. David is in the process of developing a website to promote the homestays and treks. I was able to settle into a routine of working on writing content in the mornings, enjoying lunch with Xuan, partaking in the customary post lunch siesta, and taking strolls around the village in the late afternoon.

I highly recommend this program for anyone wishing to immerse themself in the culture of Vietnam. It is rare to be able to live like a local and I enjoyed the experience greatly.

Where it all started

Vina Volunteer Service (VVS) is the first company in Vietnam, to deliver a variety of volunteer placements for volunteers in Vietnam, in the hope that we can support the community development and promote natural conservation.

Vina Volunteer Service in the community