Qalam Center for Arabic Studies in Morocco

Students at Qalam Center for Arabic Studies pose with certification on campus
Students at Qalam Center for Arabic Studies pose with certification on campus

The Qalam Center for Arabic Studies invites you to come study Arabic abroad in Rabat, Morocco! The Qalam Center offers the greatest possible quality of language instruction with small class sizes, flexible schedules, constant support from numerous teaching assistants, and an abundance of cultural exploration activities in and around Morocco.

Students of all language proficiencies are welcome, from beginner to advanced skill levels. The program's main focus is to better each student's language acquisition and communication skills, but the program also includes an Arab Art/Calligraphy session and 2 cultural excursions every week. Program dates start throughout the year, and length of the program is determined by the student on a rolling admission basis. Check out the Qalam Center's informative website today for more information!

• Instruction 9
Clara

An Amazing Study Abroad experience

I am a current study abroad student at Qalam wa Lawh and I am really satisfied with the quality of teaching there. We are only six in my class and are taught by highly-qualified native speakers. There are plenty of opportunities to practice your Arabic outside of class, from one-to-one tutoring to clubs (Media, Cooking, Arts or Volunteering), calligraphy classes or the weekly Language Café organised with Moroccan students.
The staff is friendly and always willing to help, the cafeteria serves amazing Moroccan dishes every day – including vegetarian options if you request one - and high-quality accommodation is available on campus. Living in Rabat is amazing – there is always something going on, but you are at the same time close to the sea and the countryside. I spend my free time horseback riding, surfing or exploring the medina.
I also had the opportunity to explore other parts of Morocco, since the school offers its own trips to several cities. I went to the Sahara, Chefchaouen and Fes with the school, but I also had time to travel alone. I would highly recommend you to consider studying Arabic at Qalam wa Lawh, especially if you want to improve your communication skills while discovering Moroccan culture and traditions.

Huskergwyneth

An International Blast

I went back to Morocco after my first study abroad to focus on my Arabic studies. Qalam offers a great comprehensive program using the Al-Kitaab books and additional classes for calligraphy, private tutoring, intensive speaking, and cooking classes, etc.
The accommodate to fit every age and experience of the people attending their school.

The highlight of this school is that it attracts people from around the world and not just the US. I met Germans, Spaniards, Australians, and Swiss people throughout the time I was there!

They offer after-school excursions to local sites and non-profits to interact with other groups and practice our language.

I stayed with a wonderful host family that was selected for me, not too far from the school. Each family is individually screened for the students and they do a very good job at listening to any difficulties you might have.

Meals are served from the cafeteria and are delicious!

Often time we had problems with teachers being switched between classes for student programs that pay more to have them. It can be frustrating some days because the teachers will teach almost strictly in Arabic after the 1 level of classes. It's overwhelming, but worth it.

About Qalam Center for Arabic Studies

Qalam wa Lawh center for Arabic studies in Rabat Morocco offers Arabic immersion courses in Modern Standard Arabic (MSA) and Colloquial Moroccan Arabic (CMA, Darija). Qalam wa Lawh offers summer, semester and winter Arabic study abroad programs as...