• South Korea

Specific Purposes
Weekly Classroom Hours
Apartment Host Family

Pricing

Accommodations with a screened local host family and a meal plan are included in the course price. Upgrades to the EF Residence are available. Contact the US Based Admissions Team for a personalized price quote.
What's Included
Accommodation Some Accommodation Classes Meals Visa Wifi
Feb 14, 2020
Oct 22, 2022
100 travelers are looking at this program

The bright lights and buzzing streets of South Korea's capital city make it a must-see destination and the perfect place to learn a new language. Art, music, and fashion have skyrocketed this city into a trendsetting hotspot of innovation. Learn Korean at our newest school which opens in celebration of our partnership with the Olympic Games, Official Education Services Sponsor.

At EF, you decide when you want to study, how long you'll stay, and what you'd like to focus on. You can personalize your course with Special Interest Classes like Korean Calligraphy, Jaeum and Moeum, Public Speaking, Art & Culture, and Exam Preparation. Internships are available for students at the B2 level or above, allowing you to make the most of your time abroad.

Program Highlights

• Study from 2 weeks up to a full year, start any Monday.
  • Amazing location in the famous Gangnam district, Seoul's trendiest neighborhood.
  • Top activities include a cruise of the Han River, KPop dance lessons, cooking classes, tour of MBC World, and weekend trips to Jeju Island.
  • Choose to reside with a local host family or in the EF Residence, an international dorm.
  • EF students hail from over 100 countries around the world.

• 5 rating 100%
  • 4 rating 0%
  • 3 rating 0%
  • 2 rating 0%
  • 1 rating 0%
  • Instruction 4.9
Amber

6 Weeks in Seoul

I spent 6 weeks in Seoul and it was an amazing experience! The pace can be fast in the learning environment but the staff are always so willing to help and can make it fun. I was able to experience things that I would have never thought of doing abroad through the activities they offer, like SUP on the Han river and roasting traditional herbal tea, and if you ever need help, the staff will guide you on where and how to get somewhere at any hour, my second night there I got lost in Seoul and was able to message one of the staff members and they were a big help. I’ve made life long friends from the program and I would recommend for a solo traveler.

Pros
  • Great Food
  • Easy transportation
  • Endless activities
Cons
  • Wasn’t fully prepared for what makes it easy to live in Seoul
  • Random class hours
  • Such fast pace classes
Carrie

Parent Approved!

Our daughter began her EF adventure with absolutely no travel experience & now she is enrolling for a third 12 week course. From enrollment to the return home, the EF staff is responsive, patient, and knowledgeable. The language program and educators are exceptional and they go above and beyond to make sure students receive the information according to their learning styles. I highly recommend the host family experience for first time visitors. EF matched our daughter with the perfect family based on her requests and they have become a great support system and family away from home. We are so glad we decided to take the leap of faith with this program. If you are a parent, this is a legitimate, safe, and truly educational program that you can enroll your child in with confidence.

Pros
  • Easily accessible assistance from staff
  • Quality of education
Cons
  • Student Visa is not applicable
Gen

An unforgettable and life-changing experience

I had an absolutely incredible time in the EF program in Seoul, South Korea. My teachers were kind, funny, supportive, and extremely passionate about their students and teaching in general. The classes were fun, engaging, and effective -- my Korean improved immensely over the eight weeks that I was in the course, and I learned a lot about Korean culture and history. I also happened to meet some of the most amazing people I've ever known during my time there, and made friendships that I know will last a lifetime. I will forever be grateful to EF for my amazing experience in Seoul!

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Gopchang -- beef intestines! My plan going into the program was to try every traditional or popular dish that I could, so when a friend asked if I wanted to try gopchang I immediately agreed. I actually really enjoyed it!
Christy

EF is amazing and would recommend to everyone

Sent our daughter with EF to Seoul, South Korea for a 3 month program. She traveled when she was 16 and turned 17 while there. Excellent language instruction, excellent home stay, great pre and during information and contact. Even during COVID the program felt extremely safe and well supported. Any concerns or questions we had were answered to our satisfaction in a timely manner. We would 100% recommend EF to everyone and will use them in the future for another trip or with our other children. Thank you EF staff!!!

Nikaya

Amazing trip

This was definitely something I’ll never forget! Everything from the school to the Seoul experiences was absolutely amazing . When I first arrived to Incheon airport the driver was waiting for me so patiently. (My flight was delay 7 hours) Getting around is so simple due to the amazing transportation system. I made it to the school my first day with no problems. The teachers were all really great ! They all took the time to make sure each student understood what was going on in the class . If your of age the night life is so awesome!

Kayla

An amazing time in Seoul

I studies abroad for a short term in Seoul, and I changed the way I look at my world. I feel like I havent left the city there and I will forever look back on that trip as one of the best times of my life. My host family was amazing, they really do care about who they pick to house students and it shows. The classes were amazing, the only thing I'd change would be making it a more set schedule and maybe more outside activities, but aside from that there is nothing else I would have changed. I do plan to travel again with EF and highly recommend you do as well!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
My most nerve-racking moment was honestly getting to the school, they are a very do it yourself kind of place and they wont hold your hand whole you're there and this was perfect for me, but I know my roommate struggled with this.
Monkeria

I can’t make this up!

I enjoyed every waking moment at EF Seoul. It was the best trip I decided to take and I wish I could go back already. I learned so much in my time and I didn’t expect to learn as much as I did in such little time. The teachers are very patient, understanding, and hilarious. The experience as a whole was just outstanding from the food, all the way to the cultural experience and location. TAKE THIS TRIP! Don’t wait. Whether you choose a host family or stay in the residence, you will enjoy it either way. The residence has 4 convenience store and countless restraints in walking distance, not to mention a stove and fridge in your room. The bus stop and train station is no more than a 5 min walk away, so when you travel you don’t have to walk too far to get to a station!

Edrica

EF Seoul: A Review lol

I would have to say this was quite frankly one of the best traveling experiences I’ve had. It was my first time traveling alone and going all the way to Seoul, across the world, was a HUGE step but everything turned out great! The campus is fun, the teachers are great and very accommodating, the activities are always amazing, etc. The classes are quite interesting and always educational. I also had the honor of staying in a host family and they were super nice and friendly. I made new friends and new memories. A very great place if interested in night time photography as all the lights and streets (popular ones anyways) are bright and alive. The food is amazing! I got to try many of the foods I only ever dreamt of eating. Not only that but the teachers and advisors are so helpful when looking for good, affordable food. Never be afraid to ask for help and recommendations. Overall an A+ of a trip :D.

One thing I would improve about this program would probably be the timing for activities in regards to classes. I was sometimes saddened by the occasional clash of my class schedule and an activity I would have enjoyed, but it isn’t a super big deal as I got to partake in many other activities.