Spanish for Groups and/or Individuals

Located in the Guanacaste region in northwestern Costa Rica, Instituto Estelar Bilingüe has a solid Spanish program that allows students to learn from highly trained, certified teachers while being immersed in the language and the culture of Costa Rica. We offer special programs for groups, such as Teens and Professionals, and private classes on Skype or at our school in downtown Liberia to individuals.

Our goal for groups is to make sure that each participant progresses significantly in Spanish while also exploring Costa Rica, meeting the locals, and volunteering in the community. We can schedule groups (minimum 8 participants) to come at any time throughout the year, and we are happy to create or modify itineraries to accommodate student needs.

Our goal for private classes is to help students reach personal and professional goals by catering the class to their wishes.

• Instruction 10
Jordan

Great program for teens!

The teen program was beyond my expectations; I'll tell everyone I know how great it is! I loved Caroly’s teaching style. Most of the class was fun and engaging conversations in Spanish. It really helped my speaking and listening a lot (the most important in my opinion). I love all the extra practice I got in the extracurricular activities, adventure tours, and volunteering with Club A! The campus is beauiful and feels like a second home during my stay. My group only stayed a week and I wish we could have stayed longer!

I would love to have more time volunteering with the kids at Club A. That was an amazing and eye-opening experience!
Theresa

I loved attending Instituto Estelar Bilingue!

I really enjoyed having one on one classes with Merlyn. She was able to answer my questions, and provide clarification when necessary. She provided examples of how to use new information. The lessons are quick paced, but I felt like I learned a lot. I also enjoyed the conversational aspect of the class. I attended Club A, Spanglish and a cooking class this week. I especially loved Club A. I went on the Farmers Market tour this week and enjoyed it. The staff is always friendly and helpful, and the institute is always in a very clean condition. Dona Iris is my Tica madre. I really enjoyed living with them, they went above and beyond to make me feel welcome, comfortable and safe. I enjoyed that they expressed concern for me, but were not over the top in trying to make me feel like the city is unsafe. I especially loved the quiet morning breakfasts with Iris, as it is the time that we got to spend talking and practicing my Spanish.

I wish there were more Spanish speakers to attend Spanglish as it is difficult to have a conversation between two beginner spanish students.
Caleb

Helpful and Inspiring!

Overall, fantastic. I really appreciated the individual attention and adaptability of my instructors to my learning style. Only thing I would suggest is, make me ask more questions! When we are having a long convo, it is pretty easy for me to simply sit and listen, and I am trying to be better about engaging actively instead of just trying to understand. Love cooking and dancing lessons. They are so fun, and I cannot wait to go home and show off. The trips were great, and the help in coordinating hikes, etc, was super useful. I found everyone to be incredibly friendly, welcoming, and attentive. Excellent experience. My Mama Tica is Annia Garcia Gerra, and my experience has been incredibly comfortable and fun. My host family talks with me every day in Espanol and is incredibly patient. The food is wonderful, and they are very supportive of my studying and various adventures.
Deydi was incredibly flexible and did everything she could to answer my questions and to make sure I learned what I needed before I left town. She was encouraging, precise, and very knowledgable. Thank you so much Deydi!! Super helpful and inspiring. Spanglish helped me meet locals with whom I got to hang out outside of class. The tour to the chocolate farm was amazing and so fun. Staff here is amazing, friendly, and helpful. They could not have provided a better environment in which to learn Spanish.

Julia

Fun week!

Beyond my expectations: this teacher is the best I've ever had! Teacher was knowledgable and very kind. Staff was professional and extermely helpful. I learned a lot of Spanish in 1 week. Club A was very exciting and I was extremely glad to help children. Class was phonomenal. Learning activities met my needs. This is a great class for all people who want to learn spanish. Great she will teach you what you need to know about spanish. I participated in Club A! It was very fun and it feels good to help other people. Everyone was very nice and everything was organized.

Hana

Effective Spanish Instruction

I really enjoy the Spanish immersion classes because they are always challenging and never boring. My teacher uses all kinds of different methods. During the classes, I read some things, and I watch and listen to videos and then we talk about those and lots of other things. Almost every week there are interactive lessons where I read an article and then have to answer questions about it. For homework, I also read articles and then write about what the author says in the articles. Up until a few months ago, I didn't know how to express my opinions in Spanish very well at all, other than to say that I liked something or didn't like it. But to be able to say that I found something interesting or puzzling or whatever, and then explain why, has been great. So basically, I get a really well rounded experience of talking, reading, listening and then writing. In the last few months, I really feel like my ability to speak Spanish has definitely increased, and my confidence has for sure.

Brad

An Amazing Experience at Instituto Estelar Bilingue

My wife and I had the pleasure of taking classes at Estelar in Liberia, Costa Rica in 2018. Liberia is the perfect location for exploring the beautiful National Parks and beaches of Costa Rica. The Spanish coordinator, Bethany Kirk, did an excellent job helping us coordinate various weekend adventures. She was able to help us coordinate transportation and lodging anytime we needed it.

As far as the classes are concerned, I could not imagine a more effective way of learning Spanish. The classes were fun and engaging, and the teachers were all excellent instructors. The classes were really small (2-4 people), which was great because it forced me to practice my conversation skills. In addition, Bethany had different activities planned for us during the weekdays, such as going to the farmer's market, touring a local coffee plantation, and volunteering at a non-profit organization called Club A. All of these activities not only helped us practice our Spanish, but they also helped us immerse ourselves in the Costa Rican culture.

All in all, we couldn't be happier with our experience at Instituto Estelar! I would highly recommend this school to anyone looking to improve their Spanish skills!

Jacqulyn

Skype Spanish Classes

For the past several months, I've been taking Skype Spanish classes with Walter, and I really enjoy them because they are always challenging and never boring. He uses all kinds of different methods, and I get a really well rounded experience of conversation, reading, listening and then writing in the classes. Every week, I read some things, and I watch and listen to videos and then we talk about what I've read and heard, and we talk about lots of other things too. There are interactive lessons where I answer specific questions which helps a lot with comprehension. For homework, I read articles then write about how I feel about what the author said in the article. Before starting these Skype lessons, I didn't know how to express my opinions or how I felt about something in Spanish very well at all, other than to say that I liked something or didn't like it. Now, my vocabulary has increased a lot and I'm able to say that I found something interesting or puzzling or whatever, and then explain why. It's Great! In the last few months, I know that my oral and written comprehension level has definitely increased. And I am able to communicate much more clearly than I was before. I have a lot more confidence now too. These classes have truly been a blessing to me, because I am passionate about Spanish...I absolutely love it, and having the opportunity to work with some who is very talented and knows how to teach well, is just awesome. I can highly recommend this school and Walter.

Hannah

Spanish Immersion

I did a 1 week Spanish immersion course at this institute. I really enjoyed my experience. I learned a lot of new vocabulary and I also learned about the culture in Guanacaste. It was very conversational which was great because I find that a lot of Spanish programs offer more writing and reading than listening and speaking. The course even included a cooking class. We made picadillo and it was delicious. I recommend this program to anyone looking to learn Spanish!

Jeremy

Awesome Immersion Program!

I came to Instituto Estelar for Spanish classes and received so much more! My teacher was a sweetheart! She was very patient and so friendly throughout the whole course. (And let me tell you, I'm not the fastest learner out there.) She was also so knowledgeable about the city of Liberia and the area in general, and she helped me keep up with some of the slang used in Costa Rica. I would definitely recommend the course to anyone who will be in Liberia for even as little as a week! The Instituto is beautiful and everyone I met during my time there was very nice and helpful! Pura Vida!

Philip

Amazed with how much I learned!

I have just finished the one week Spanish Immersion Program and it was an incredible experience! My Spanish has improved so much in such a short space of time. The Spanish teacher was very friendly, likeable and I never felt lost. It also helped me grow my confidence in talking in Spanish. I can take everything I have learnt and use it in real life context, which is awesome. Highly recommended for everyone, beit beginner or advance!

About Instituto Estelar Bilingüe

Located in the Guanacaste region in northwestern Costa Rica, Instituto Estelar Bilingüe is committed to helping people of all ages and backgrounds learn a new language and improve their lives. Becoming bilingual is a challenge that takes time,...