Spanish Language Study in Costa Rica

Located in the Guanacaste region in northwestern Costa Rica, Instituto Estelar Bilingüe is committed to helping people of all ages and backgrounds learn a new language and improve their lives. Becoming bilingual is a challenge that takes time, dedication, and perseverance on the part of the student. However, we know that the methods and materials used by the teacher play a significant role in the learning process. For this reason, we have developed a Spanish program that allows students to learn from highly trained, certified teachers while being immersed in the language and the culture of Costa Rica.

As a young school in the historic city of Liberia, our students benefit from small class sizes, attentive teachers, a welcoming staff, and fun bilingual events with local people in our English program. Our goal is to make sure that each student can do more than just communicate - after studying with us, they are stellar Spanish speakers!

• Instruction 10
Jacqulyn

Skype Spanish Classes

For the past several months, I've been taking Skype Spanish classes with Walter, and I really enjoy them because they are always challenging and never boring. He uses all kinds of different methods, and I get a really well rounded experience of conversation, reading, listening and then writing in the classes. Every week, I read some things, and I watch and listen to videos and then we talk about what I've read and heard, and we talk about lots of other things too. There are interactive lessons where I answer specific questions which helps a lot with comprehension. For homework, I read articles then write about how I feel about what the author said in the article. Before starting these Skype lessons, I didn't know how to express my opinions or how I felt about something in Spanish very well at all, other than to say that I liked something or didn't like it. Now, my vocabulary has increased a lot and I'm able to say that I found something interesting or puzzling or whatever, and then explain why. It's Great! In the last few months, I know that my oral and written comprehension level has definitely increased. And I am able to communicate much more clearly than I was before. I have a lot more confidence now too. These classes have truly been a blessing to me, because I am passionate about Spanish...I absolutely love it, and having the opportunity to work with some who is very talented and knows how to teach well, is just awesome. I can highly recommend this school and Walter.

Hannah

Spanish Immersion

I did a 1 week Spanish immersion course at this institute. I really enjoyed my experience. I learned a lot of new vocabulary and I also learned about the culture in Guanacaste. It was very conversational which was great because I find that a lot of Spanish programs offer more writing and reading than listening and speaking. The course even included a cooking class. We made picadillo and it was delicious. I recommend this program to anyone looking to learn Spanish!

Jeremy

Awesome Immersion Program!

I came to Instituto Estelar for Spanish classes and received so much more! My teacher was a sweetheart! She was very patient and so friendly throughout the whole course. (And let me tell you, I'm not the fastest learner out there.) She was also so knowledgeable about the city of Liberia and the area in general, and she helped me keep up with some of the slang used in Costa Rica. I would definitely recommend the course to anyone who will be in Liberia for even as little as a week! The Instituto is beautiful and everyone I met during my time there was very nice and helpful! Pura Vida!

Philip

Amazed with how much I learned!

I have just finished the one week Spanish Immersion Program and it was an incredible experience! My Spanish has improved so much in such a short space of time. The Spanish teacher was very friendly, likeable and I never felt lost. It also helped me grow my confidence in talking in Spanish. I can take everything I have learnt and use it in real life context, which is awesome. Highly recommended for everyone, beit beginner or advance!

About Instituto Estelar Bilingüe