Spanish in Nature: Madrid | Personal Teacher & Homestay

In the Peñalara Natural Park
Churros
Segovia
A walk in the beautiful mountains of the National Park on a sunny day.

This course gives you the unique opportunity of a full immersion experience, living with and being taught by your own personal teacher. One to one course with 3 hours of class per day.

You will have the benefit of a private room and bathroom, full board, and you will experience many activities with the teacher´s family. It´s an ideal option for students (children and adults) who are looking for a custom made program or who have their own specific requirements or requests.

Share this course with friends and relatives with a similar language level. You can share the lessons and accomodation in the same teacher family. There is a 10% discount on the course for each student.

Their website breaks down the fees for you per week so take a look here: http://www.spanishinnature.com/the-teachers-home/

• Instruction 9.7
  • Program Selection 9.5
  • Pre-departure Help 10
  • In-program Support 9.5
  • Impact on Student 10
Stefano

Awesome stay, all was perfect!

I'm 37 years old and I spent 1 week with Esther and family in November to improve my very basic Spanish, it has been a great experience! Before getting there my doubts were about how it would feel to live 24/7 with a family within their house and also if my Spanish would really progress in just 1 week. In fact living in the house has been very easy and interaction with the family has been full of very interesting conversations, you have your space and the whole family is very friendly and easy going, we had a lot of interesting conversations. Regarding the classes they have been able to tailor made them to my needs which made me progress quite rapidly, moreover speaking the whole time Spanish during the day helped me a lot. They really make a great effort to make you speak the whole day ;) On top of that the location is impressive and very relaxing and the house very cozy and clean. Concerning the activities I was able to decide what to do and had nice cultural visits and outdoor activities. I can warmly recommend Spanish in Nature!

Yves

Beyond All Expectations

Coming back to Spanish in Nature for a second linguistic immersion felt very much like visiting old friends. Esther and Alvaro have this incredible ability to make students feel at home in their beautiful house, while juggling family life and the requirements of the School.
Alvaro, Ana and Lucia, my teachers, were able to zero in exactly on what I needed to learn and design lessons accordingly. My skills improved considerably in a week, which helped sustain my interest in continuing to learn Spanish at home and become fluent.
I really appreciated the time and energy spent by Esther and Alvaro in offering an extensive cultural program. Visits to Segovia, Avila, the Escorial, Alcala de Henares and the Valle de los Caídos were among the highlights of my trips to Spain.
Spanish in Nature offers an incredible linguistic and cultural immersion in a unique family setting. I can’t imagine a better way to discover Spain.

I cannot think of any improvements to suggest. The key word here is adaptability. Ester and Alvaro can adapt the program to various levels and situations.
Susy

Homestay week with Spanish in Nature

In June this year I spent a homestay week with Spanish in Nature. It was a highlight of my holiday and at the end of the week I felt very sad to leave. My level of spoken Spanish was very basic when I arrived and I didn’t realise until I left how much my confidence and ability had improved.
The family is beautiful – friendly, open and very patient, the accommodation is very comfortable and the home cooked food was delicious and plentiful.
The teachers prepared morning lessons that were challenging, fun and level appropriate and the afternoon excursions were interesting and varied. My favourites were a walk in the beautiful mountains nearby and a tour of Madrid followed by a Flamenco show.
Esther and Alvaro work hard and have put a lot of thought into delivering a fantastic language, culture and history experience that not only exceeded my expectations, it also made me feel that I wanted to learn more about Spain as well as continue to improve my language skills. They also provided encouragement and great recommendations for continuing to learn and practice Spanish at home.
For me it was a perfect week and I hope I will have the opportunity to return.

Catherine

Best holidays!

Can’t recommend Spanish in Nature enough! My son has gone twice and made lots of progress in Spanish and lots of friends!
The team in charge really cares about the children and ensures they learn in a safe environment.
This program is really good for putting in practice all that they learn at school- the morning classes are fun and varied with lots of practical learning. The excursions and afternoon activities are some if the highlights of the stay, in particular the night sleeping outdoors. My son Thomas loves this camp and can’t wait to go back!

Mary

Fabulous Experience!

I spent a wonderful week with Esther, Alvaro and their family in their lovely home on the edge of the Guadarrama National Park. It was a fantastic opportunity to be totally immersed in the Spanish language, learn more about Spanish culture and history and eat really well! Each day was a perfect balance of lessons, conversation, activities and visits.
We went walking in the Guadarrama National Park, visited Segovia, El Escorial and La Valle de los Caidos. (Esther had asked me where I would like to go before the visit).

I hope that Internet connections improve in the area in the future as I found the connection at Esther's rather unreliable.
Janet

I would return!

My Spanish in Nature experience was exactly what I wanted. Having attended various schools and immersion programs in Spain since 2012, this program nicely suited my current needs and wishes. I am a senior and although at an advanced level in Spanish, I still struggle with the typical difficulties that English speakers encounter. Esther and Álvaro are adept at fostering conversation, correcting without interrupting the flow, and explaining concepts when necessary. I enjoyed having the two other motivated participants (at my level and my generation) for the social interaction and because we learned from, and consoled, one another. Participants’ accommodation is on ground level, apart from the family, with spacious bedrooms and two full bathrooms for three guests. Very comfortable! Delicious, healthy and plentiful food and beverages were provided. I had to ask for smaller servings! Daily excursions varied from walking in nature to touring historical sites. Their menu of activities is long enough to encourage a second visit. Esther and Álvaro clearly enjoy their work. They are sincere, cheerful, interested, interesting, skilled individuals who work well as a team. And they are warm and encouraging parents. They capably accommodated the needs of their family without faltering in their obligations to three program participants.

Celina

Wonderful abroad experience!

I would highly recommend this program for anyone looking for an authentic experience of life in Spain! Not only is the house in a gorgeous location at the edge of a national park, but the Campos family is comprised of some of the kindest, most accommodating individuals I have ever met. I cannot speak highly enough of the living situation, the food, the tours of Madrid, and the Spanish classes they offer at their house. I was able to improve my Spanish speaking skills through one-on-one classes with Alvaro, and he catered the classes to my specific needs. There is no shortage of activities to do and the family makes sure the guest has the opportunity to get to know the area/culture; I was able to partake in a local parade, for example! It is the experience of a lifetime, don’t miss out!!

monica

Wonderful 2 weeks experience with Spanish in Nature

Gaia just finished her two weeks , and she already misses you all . She had the most amazing time , made new international friends and had her best two weeks ever . I was so lucky to come across their web site and from the first answer I’ve received from Esther, I realized that this was the type of experience I wanted for my daughter . This family run Spanish school is doing a super job not only in teaching them Spanish but also in giving them the right balance between free time and organized activities . I’ ve also been very pleased with Gaia’s host family , Esther and Nora that made her feel like a member of the family .
I would definitely suggest Esther school to everyone willing to do an authentic experience in Spanish life and culture while improving Spanish . And last but not least , the location is super ❗️Bravi 😃 ciao see you soon Monica