Spanish in Nature: Madrid | Personal Teacher & Homestay

In the Peñalara Natural Park
Churros
Segovia
Aqueduct of Segovia, 45 minute drive from el Boalo.

This course gives you the unique opportunity of a full immersion experience, living with and being taught by your own personal teacher. One to one course with 3 hours of class per day.

You will have the benefit of a private room and bathroom, full board, and you will experience many activities with the teacher´s family. It´s an ideal option for students (children and adults) who are looking for a custom made program or who have their own specific requirements or requests.

Share this course with friends and relatives with a similar language level. You can share the lessons and accomodation in the same teacher family. There is a 10% discount on the course for each student.

Their website breaks down the fees for you per week so take a look here: http://www.spanishinnature.com/the-teachers-home/

• Instruction 9.7
  • Program Selection 9.5
  • Pre-departure Help 10
  • In-program Support 9.5
  • Impact on Student 10
Stefano

Awesome stay, all was perfect!

I'm 37 years old and I spent 1 week with Esther and family in November to improve my very basic Spanish, it has been a great experience! Before getting there my doubts were about how it would feel to live 24/7 with a family within their house and also if my Spanish would really progress in just 1 week. In fact living in the house has been very easy and interaction with the family has been full of very interesting conversations, you have your space and the whole family is very friendly and easy going, we had a lot of interesting conversations. Regarding the classes they have been able to tailor made them to my needs which made me progress quite rapidly, moreover speaking the whole time Spanish during the day helped me a lot. They really make a great effort to make you speak the whole day ;) On top of that the location is impressive and very relaxing and the house very cozy and clean. Concerning the activities I was able to decide what to do and had nice cultural visits and outdoor activities. I can warmly recommend Spanish in Nature!

Yves

Beyond All Expectations

Coming back to Spanish in Nature for a second linguistic immersion felt very much like visiting old friends. Esther and Alvaro have this incredible ability to make students feel at home in their beautiful house, while juggling family life and the requirements of the School.
Alvaro, Ana and Lucia, my teachers, were able to zero in exactly on what I needed to learn and design lessons accordingly. My skills improved considerably in a week, which helped sustain my interest in continuing to learn Spanish at home and become fluent.
I really appreciated the time and energy spent by Esther and Alvaro in offering an extensive cultural program. Visits to Segovia, Avila, the Escorial, Alcala de Henares and the Valle de los Caídos were among the highlights of my trips to Spain.
Spanish in Nature offers an incredible linguistic and cultural immersion in a unique family setting. I can’t imagine a better way to discover Spain.

I cannot think of any improvements to suggest. The key word here is adaptability. Ester and Alvaro can adapt the program to various levels and situations.
Susy

Homestay week with Spanish in Nature

In June this year I spent a homestay week with Spanish in Nature. It was a highlight of my holiday and at the end of the week I felt very sad to leave. My level of spoken Spanish was very basic when I arrived and I didn’t realise until I left how much my confidence and ability had improved.
The family is beautiful – friendly, open and very patient, the accommodation is very comfortable and the home cooked food was delicious and plentiful.
The teachers prepared morning lessons that were challenging, fun and level appropriate and the afternoon excursions were interesting and varied. My favourites were a walk in the beautiful mountains nearby and a tour of Madrid followed by a Flamenco show.
Esther and Alvaro work hard and have put a lot of thought into delivering a fantastic language, culture and history experience that not only exceeded my expectations, it also made me feel that I wanted to learn more about Spain as well as continue to improve my language skills. They also provided encouragement and great recommendations for continuing to learn and practice Spanish at home.
For me it was a perfect week and I hope I will have the opportunity to return.

Catherine

Best holidays!

Can’t recommend Spanish in Nature enough! My son has gone twice and made lots of progress in Spanish and lots of friends!
The team in charge really cares about the children and ensures they learn in a safe environment.
This program is really good for putting in practice all that they learn at school- the morning classes are fun and varied with lots of practical learning. The excursions and afternoon activities are some if the highlights of the stay, in particular the night sleeping outdoors. My son Thomas loves this camp and can’t wait to go back!

Mary

Fabulous Experience!

I spent a wonderful week with Esther, Alvaro and their family in their lovely home on the edge of the Guadarrama National Park. It was a fantastic opportunity to be totally immersed in the Spanish language, learn more about Spanish culture and history and eat really well! Each day was a perfect balance of lessons, conversation, activities and visits.
We went walking in the Guadarrama National Park, visited Segovia, El Escorial and La Valle de los Caidos. (Esther had asked me where I would like to go before the visit).

I hope that Internet connections improve in the area in the future as I found the connection at Esther's rather unreliable.
Janet

I would return!

My Spanish in Nature experience was exactly what I wanted. Having attended various schools and immersion programs in Spain since 2012, this program nicely suited my current needs and wishes. I am a senior and although at an advanced level in Spanish, I still struggle with the typical difficulties that English speakers encounter. Esther and Álvaro are adept at fostering conversation, correcting without interrupting the flow, and explaining concepts when necessary. I enjoyed having the two other motivated participants (at my level and my generation) for the social interaction and because we learned from, and consoled, one another. Participants’ accommodation is on ground level, apart from the family, with spacious bedrooms and two full bathrooms for three guests. Very comfortable! Delicious, healthy and plentiful food and beverages were provided. I had to ask for smaller servings! Daily excursions varied from walking in nature to touring historical sites. Their menu of activities is long enough to encourage a second visit. Esther and Álvaro clearly enjoy their work. They are sincere, cheerful, interested, interesting, skilled individuals who work well as a team. And they are warm and encouraging parents. They capably accommodated the needs of their family without faltering in their obligations to three program participants.

Celina

Wonderful abroad experience!

I would highly recommend this program for anyone looking for an authentic experience of life in Spain! Not only is the house in a gorgeous location at the edge of a national park, but the Campos family is comprised of some of the kindest, most accommodating individuals I have ever met. I cannot speak highly enough of the living situation, the food, the tours of Madrid, and the Spanish classes they offer at their house. I was able to improve my Spanish speaking skills through one-on-one classes with Alvaro, and he catered the classes to my specific needs. There is no shortage of activities to do and the family makes sure the guest has the opportunity to get to know the area/culture; I was able to partake in a local parade, for example! It is the experience of a lifetime, don’t miss out!!

monica

Wonderful 2 weeks experience with Spanish in Nature

Gaia just finished her two weeks , and she already misses you all . She had the most amazing time , made new international friends and had her best two weeks ever . I was so lucky to come across their web site and from the first answer I’ve received from Esther, I realized that this was the type of experience I wanted for my daughter . This family run Spanish school is doing a super job not only in teaching them Spanish but also in giving them the right balance between free time and organized activities . I’ ve also been very pleased with Gaia’s host family , Esther and Nora that made her feel like a member of the family .
I would definitely suggest Esther school to everyone willing to do an authentic experience in Spanish life and culture while improving Spanish . And last but not least , the location is super ❗️Bravi 😃 ciao see you soon Monica

Ted

Amazing Linguistic Adventure

From the time I was collected at the airport by Esther, she was very warm and friendly. When I arrived at her house I was also greeted by the same warmth from her husband Alvaro and children.
The food was absolutely delicious, the children were as friendly as the parents.
For me the experience was amazing. And so genuine and natural. I don’t have a favourite part because I liked it all from sitting in the garden without the hustle and bustle of the city and all the different places we visited.
Esther was very accommodating by always giving me choices of what and where I wanted to go and do. I will definitely be revisiting next summer, with my son next time.
My Spanish has improved tenfold and I am now much more confident in speaking it.
Ted Ireland

Immerse yourselves fully in the culture, language and food and make the most of your stay x
judith

Excellent

My time at Spanish in Nature was everything I had hoped for and more. The family is delightful, the teaching excellent, the house, accommodation and surroundings are lovely and relaxing….and don’t be surprised if you put on weight as the food is fabulous too! There were also lovely and interesting excursions each day. The whole process of booking, follow up and (for me an important point) pickup from the airport in Madrid all worked perfectly.
I was a solo student and loved every minute of it – and with no chance of slipping back into English I really had to stretch my language skills.

The week rushed by and I wanted more! I will definitely do it again. Follow up with further learning suggestions were also provided and will be very useful as well.

Thank you so much for a wonderful experience.

Bill

What an amazing experience!

I thoroughly enjoyed my week at Spanish in Nature. What a great experience! Even though I was 66 years old, I decided that an immersion course was necessary for me to improve my Spanish language abilities, and Spanish in Nature was the perfect setting to do so. Esther and Alvaro and their 3 children were incredible hosts who were genuinely interested in helping me. The course was well-organized, full of activities, educational, and fun! But at the same time, it was challenging. It has to be in order to be effective. Be prepared to totally immerse yourself in the Spanish language, food, and lifestyle. I would highly recommend to anyone wanting to improve their conversational Spanish along with learning more about the culture and history of Spain.

Karin

One of the best decisions we have ever made...

We were slightly nervous at sending our fourteen year old daughter somewhat into the unknown for the summer camp with Esther and Alvaro at Spanish in Nature, however, it turned out to be one of the best decisions we have ever made. From the initial enquiry stage, through booking, packing, arriving, the duration of the camp and even on our daughter’s return, Esther kept us fully informed and moreover continuously delighted and impressed by the opportunities and experiences that were on offer. Our daughter had the most incredible time being totally immersed in the Spanish language and culture as well as making new friends from around the world and having daily adventures in the beautiful location where the school is set. She returned to England rightly proud of herself with a huge improvement in her spoken and written Spanish. However, even more than that she has grown in confidence and maturity as a person from the wonderful experiences she has had. We also can’t thank her kind host family enough who along with their two children made her stay the most fun and happy as well as educational time. Our daughter is already trying to plan to attend again next year!

David

Father and teenage son

I booked a one week Spanish in Nature: Personal Teacher & Homestay program for my 16 year old son and I as part of a 15 day tour of Spain from Australia, relying solely on the effusive online reviews of Spanish in Nature's past students and parents. After spending a wonderful week with Esther, Alvaro and family in June 2019, I am happy to say that the reviews, superlatives and all, are genuine and accurate.

The teaching was perfectly tailored to our respective levels and expertly delivered by Alvaro as well as 2 wonderful, interesting and talented local professoras, Ana and Lucia on different days. A full 3 hours of language classes each morning (2 hours individually and 1 hour together, to allow for our different levels) were packed with interesting discussions and practical tips.

Of course the classes were only the tip of the iceberg - the whole experience was so much more. Esther and Alvaro's home is beautiful and comfortable, and their family always made us feel welcome and at home - sharing wonderful meals together, swimming in the pool and visiting local towns - like we were part of the family (just much slower in communicating in Spanish!). We also had our own space if and when we needed it.

They always showed patience, generosity and kindness in looking after us, showing us around, visiting a range of interesting historical and other attractions both nearby and further afield including Segovia and central Madrid, all the while conversing with us in Spanish (helping out where necessary) about our experiences, Spain, history, culture, food, music, each other and the world.

A first rate language and cultural immersion experience which I highly recommend.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
For the grown ups - visiting an outrageously packed and raucous local bar in central Madrid for a quick dinner/racciones with Alvaro.
Yves

A Well-Crafted Immersion Program

Spanish in Nature offers more than simply a well-crafted linguistic immersion program, it opens the door to the daily life of a Spanish family with real people willing to share a little bit of their intimacy. The experience engages us, the guests, not only at the intellectual level, but also at a deeper level. I was constantly invited to react, respond and share, which led to a rapid increase in fluency.
From the start, it is obvious that Esther and Alvaro have put a lot of thought and dedication into the program. All the elements are there to create the perfect experience – the nearby mountain range for hiking, a beautiful home with comfortable rooms, the well-appointed classroom, the delicious food eaten with the family, the well-planned activities, the easy pick-up and drop-off at the airport, etc.
With Alvaro and Laura as teachers, I was able to focus on my specific needs, deepening my understanding of the Spanish grammar and my grasp of the language. Both are excellent teachers who used various tools to make learning enjoyable – from cards to songs to comedy skits. My fluency in Spanish increased tremendously in a week. In fact, shortly after the course, I was able to conduct a 10 minute telephone conversation with a native Spanish speaker I did not know, almost seamlessly.
Spending a week at the home of Esther and Alvaro was one of the highlights of the year.

Stephanie-Nicole

Every Child Should Do This!!

My son went for the first time in the summer of 2018 and now he is going back for February Half term. He had so much fun and learnt so much, this trip made him grow and develop in more ways than just learning a language. Easter and Anna the host family were wonderful and kept me up to date with my sons progress and his general mood. I was very impressed and felt very proud of my son. this program helps them not just to learn a managed but to understand it and the culture behind it. My son made many friends around the world and felt like he truly had a second home while there and still talks about his host family today as they meant so much to him. I couldn't be more thankful to them all for making my sons experience one to remember. I would highly recommend this school and will continue to send my son in future years.

N/A everything seemed perfect to me, however I wish you did longer than two weeks. I would like to send my son for 3/4 week programs.