Expanish Spanish Language Program in Buenos Aires

Expanish Spanish Language Program in Buenos Aires

Study Spanish in Argentina at Expanish Language School! Our Spanish language school in Buenos Aires offers quality Spanish courses and authentic Spanish immersion experiences. Our school is centrally located and is complete with modern facilities and a wealth of support services and activities to facilitate Spanish learning in Latin America.

All Expanish students are offered quality accommodation options in the form of friendly family homestays and independent living in shared flats. All our accommodation is carefully quality checked.

To learn more about studying Spanish in Argentina with Expanish, and to apply directly online, please visit our website.

South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
Spanish

Aleah
Whitman College

Great teachers, fun atmosphere

I am really enjoying my time at Expanish so far! My teacher has been fantastic, not only with grammar but also because he incorporates local customs and slang into our lessons each day. For example, for the past week we have all been drinking mate all morning during class. The staff here are friendly and helpful with planning trips outside of BA and there are all kinds of activities to do after class. The location of the school is central and it is so much fun learning Spanish alongside students from all over the world. Come study here!

Smaller class sizes

Hilary
Providence College

Expanish Spanish School in Buenos Aires

Cannot say enough good things about my experience at Expanish! The teachers were super knowledgeable and patient, the staff was extremely accommodating, and there are students from all over the world with the same end goal- learn to speak spanish! Great location, great facilities, and an amazing array of free activities for students to participate in. If you are looking to study spanish abroad, Expanish is where it is at!

Continue to source top talent teachers in Buenos Aires

Rose
Reading
University of Bristol

Excellent!

I would highly recommend Expanish to people of all ages and cultures. The staff have been really friendly and helpful from the very start, and the teachers are warm and welcoming. The content used in class is varied and engaging, and I can really feel my Spanish coming along after only a couple of weeks! There's also a nice range of activities to get involved in in the afternoons, most of which are free, and the school is in a great location for venturing off after class. If you want to master castellano whilst learning all about life as a porteño, this is the place for you!

Erin
Chicago
University of Kansas

Fantastic!

My experience at Expanish has been fantastic! I took classes for 2.5 weeks and my ability to speak Spanish greatly improved. I really enjoyed my teacher, Catalina. She made classes fun and was always willing to help me when I didn't understand something. Thank you, Expanish!!

Caroline
The Hague, the Netherlands

My stay in buenos aires

When I arrived on Monday 9 February, I had to do a written test which I thought was quite difficult. Based on that written test I was put in a class with over 10 students. I had to disturb the class because I was later due to the test. Fortunately I was placed in another class after the first break with less students. During that whole week I had classes with Mariel, who was very enthousiastic. In the afternoon I started in a very busy class but I was placed to a class with less students with Anna which was great. After the first week I found out I was in A2 but my vocabulary was better than the other students in my class. So the day after carnival, I asked Gabriel to put me in at level B2, after a oral test I was placed in level B1 with Eduardo in the morning and Antonia in the afternoon. That level was a perfecf fit!

No matter how many students start the program, do a short oral test!

Emily
Dallas, Texas, USA
University of Texas- Dallas

One of the best experiences of my life thus far

I studied for five weeks at Expanish and what i experienced was so much more than Spanish education. While immersed in the language at school and at my homestay, I met lifelong friends from all around the world, and saw and experienced Buenos Aires more than I could ever have imagined. The staff at the school are extremely caring and accomodating, and my "Argentinian mother" at my homestay is one of the nicest and most fascinating people I've ever met. I most enjoyed nights when we would sit around the dinner table and talk (in Spanish) about our lives. This trip and attending classes was truly one of the defining moments of my life thus far.

I would improve the testing and evaluation process everyone goes through in the begining. Perhaps have a test online you can take before you get here? that way no class could be too large and there wouldnt be as much confusion every monday. Also i would like to see more of a standard between professors; most i had were amazing, but a couple were not up to the others' standards. I would also have liked a student portal online where we could see the activities and our progress online. These are minor things, i think this is a really great program.

Anna
Munic, Germany

5 great weeks with expanish

In my 5 weeks learning spanish with expanish, i improved a lot.
Before i came here i didn't know anything but now i'm able to make a simple conversation. I can talk about the past and the future and ask for important things in my dailey life.
I had 2 nice and good teachers and the small classes with about 6 students are really helpful to improve fast.
But beside the lessons expanish is although supportive with any problems you have and the lessure programm is good too.
All in all i had a great time and i would love to come again.

In my classroom we had the chairs with the table in one piece.
For me it was really hard to write on them and there was not enough space for all my stuff, like books paper pens...
And after a day sitting on them my back hurts
Seperated tables like in some other classrooms would be better in all aulas, at least for me because i'm quite tall.

Thomas
The Netherlands

Compliments to Expanish

Hola, Hereby my compliments, I learn a lot on a nice way.
The staff and the contact with other students is great, make a lot of fun to. I will recommend every one this school! Saludos, Thomas (de Hollandes)

Megan
San Diego, California

I reccomend!

I have been taking classes at Expanish for almost 2 weeks now and i am already understaning so much more of the language. My teacher is extremely good at explaining things to where i can understand it. As for living with a host family it is important to know that they will most likely not speak english. At first it was very hard to difficult but it is forcing me to practice and learn at a much quicker rate! I recommend this school to anyone looking to explore the spanish language!

I wish i was made aware ahead of time that my host would not be speaking any english. I was told she knew some basic english. I would also have better instructions and directions posted on the website for certain activities not meeting at the school.

Arjen
Amsterdam, Paises Bajos

Aprendé espańol!

He estudiado español por 4 semanas en la escuela Expanish. El ambiente en la escuela es muy agradable. La escuela está en Microcentro de Buenos Aires. Aqui cerca hay una parada del subte (metro), 5 minutos de la escuela. Cada semana hay una lista de actividades. Por ejemplo: un curso de tango, andar en bicicleta, fiestas, aprender cocina argentina y mas mas. Me encanto mi profesora, porque ella puede expilicar bien las cosas diferentes. Además, ella es paciente y le gusta hacer chistes, me gusta...

The wifi-system works sometimes really bad.

Aditya
Lucknow, India

Great experience!

The experience has been great so far and I think I'm learning a lot as well. While I wasn't a complete beginner when I started, living, studying and learning in an environment that speaks Spanish has definitely helped my comprehension tons. (It's actually mediodificil a recordar English words for this comment). And the staff is always all smiles - it really helps a lot :)

It was a bit difficult at first to speak spanish all day, but Expanish really helped me get into the habit. That's the biggest strength.

Generally it has been exactly what I expected from it, which is to say pretty comfortable to phase into. At times though, it can feel a bit repetitive and slow, especially while learning the verb tenses. While I realize that is something that comes with language learning in general, maybe a little more structure to classes could make it better.

Stina
Buenos Aires Argentinien

Comments

The internet connection was most of the time really bad or not working at all. The classes were a little too big, 6 persons max. would have been better, especially afternoon classes. My highlight were the private classes with Clara which improved my Spanish skills more than 2 weeks of afternoon classes.
Unfortenately was my teacher in the first two weeks not very motivated and seemed really moody....

Smaller classes. Better internet connection.

Sascha
Hamburg, germany

Expanish great experience

High qualified staff with an excellent eduaction program. Byond learning aspects, the school offers great activities in the afternoon and in the evening. It was a great experience and i would definately come back.

Melanie
Sydney Australia

classes en expanish.

I would have like to be informed before to arriving and making my payments, that during the christmas and new years holiday break, the intense 30h spanish program that i had paid for was not avalible, only the 20h classes. So i was missing and had to make up 10h in my already busy schedule. Extra help, and awarness by teachers of learning difficulties among students eg. Oral examination for dyslexic students would have saved me alot of intimdation and embarrisment.

If you could ask students, if they have any academic difficulties before they start their program here. And possible offer some extra support for those needs, eg reading difficulties, dyslexica ect. Extra time, oral examinations, a reader for large texts in exams for these students would make a huge differnece.. And help avoid anxiety, and embarrissment for the individuals

jasmin
Buenos Aires

Comment on my stay at Expanish

I was very happy with my stay at Expanish and Buenos Aires in general. Everyone is very friendly and the Expanish staff helped me in every situation. My teacher Eduardo was really nice and teached us a lot! Especially my pronounciation increased through him. I met a lot of interesting people and got to know new friends from all over the world and I would do it again!

More information about the housing.

Doro
Muenster, Alemana

Tuve un muy excellente experiancia aca en Buenos Aires:-)))

Gracias por todo, especialmente a Eduardo mi profesor. El tiempo aca estuve fantastico. A mi, me gusta mucho la clase de expanish. Eduardo es un bueno profesor y la clase muy estructurado y tambien divertido:-). Aprende mucho aca para mi siguiente viaje a Sudamerica. ¡Gracias!

Verena
Argentina buenos aires

I love the trip

sonia is a very good teacher i love her and she is very friendly everybody wants to help you in school i learn a lot here and meet new people. Some of them are friends of mine now... From my home i can walk to school it is fantastic....

Eike

Great place to study

The organization progress seems to be really organized; the airport pick up went well even tough my flight had a major delay. The school is very clean and modern.

My teacher (Sonja) is really nice and helpful. Her lessons are just great.

WIFI on campus
Study material

Theodor
Buenos aires

My experience in buenos aires with expanish language school

I can really expanish in buenos aires. The school is located in the heart of the commercial district of buenos aires. The morning classes are teaching the grammar very well and the teachers are very nice and open minded. I am doing the programm spanish intense 30 but i would really recommend to choose a mix of group and individual classes. But it is no problem to change after the end of one week. In my opinion the best opportunity to learn spanish is by speaking. I met some nice people i go out with nearly every single day and there are a lot of nice activities offered by the school but i would improve that the students do more things together and they should know the people that are not in their classes. All in all it is a great experience in a nice school and for every different character expanish is a great fit. I also can really recommend the housing in a shared apartment. My hosts are students from buenos aires and i live with a nice guy from germany.

To get forced to speak in the classes and that the students get to know each other more

Gillian
New York
University of Victoria

Do it!

The program is set up to cater to groups (unless you are in private lessons) and works well to bring everyone to the same level. The teachers that I had were very helpful and truly took care to make sure that I understood what they were talking about. The staff and administration were also very helpful and tried to meet my needs. Everyone I dealt with was genuine and passionate about teaching Spanish.

If teachers miss a class, better communication between the regular teacher and the substitute about what was covered.

Michelle
University of Technology

A good overview

I think the class is good for beginners and people who are here for a short period. The modules have good topics and are useful for everyday communication. It would be good to have more topics and some more dialogue between the teacher and the student.

I would suggest to add some basic verbs to conjugate so we can lesrn to say some useful sentences. Eg to eat, to walk, to go,

Luciana
Natal

Experiencia maravilhosa

Estou muito satisfeita com o programa e todo apoio recebido durante o programa! Espero poder voltar a escola no futuro, foi muito importante para meu crescimento pessoal e profissional! Com certeza vou recomendar a escola para amigos

Antonio
Belo Horizonte

Recomiendo Expanish.

Estoy muy contento con Expanish. Mi profesora es excelente. Ella es, al mismo tiempo, exigente y amable.

Las clases son interesantes y muy dinamicas. El director y la secretaria Vilma son muy atenden muy bien los estudiantes.

No permitir que los estudiantes hablen su idioma en el espacio de Expanish. Esto porque hay muchos brasilenos estudiando aca.

Andreas
Copenhagen, Denmark

3 months of group classes

Before i came to Expanish my spanish was practically as basic as it gets, and i had difficulties holding a regular conversation. Now, after 3 months of group spanish lessons I feel like I have improved as much as it was possible during this short stay. I definitely thank the incredible staff of expanish that made my spanish learning experience as nice at it was.

The only thing that always irritated me were the seats that are made of plastic, but a week ago the school has slowly started changing those with new seats, and there is actually nothing else to be commented on.

Eleanor
Buenos aires

Expanish is the best!

I researched a lot of spanish courses before choosing Expanish. The admissions staff (Nora) was very helpful in providing me all the information in a timely manner both by phone and email. It was very convenient that they have a toll free number for English speakers. The transfer service from the airport was excellent; they were on time and took me to my shared accomodation also arranged by Expanish. I am enjoying my spanish classes and the extraculicar social activities provided by the school. The staff at Expanish are exceptional in what they do be it teaching, organizing activities for students or providing academic advice. Expanish is a great place to learn and experience argentinian culture

Delia
Berlin

Very positive language-learning experience with lots of fun

The learning methods were great: games, role plays and even preparing a typical argentine dessert in class to learn the imperative. My teacher always managed to motivate each and every one of us. He also encouraged and enabled us to speak as much spanish as possible during class. My very personal huge learning effect thanks to his method was that I finally after two years of trying managed to do "la erre".

The overall organisation of the language course was very good. The school was very helpful and super flexible at finding me a suitbale accommodation. The next day I already could move in. I felt very well looked after.

I would change the chairs in the classrooms. They are chairs and tables in one, but due to high usage the tables are not always very stable.

Sven
Switzerland
Fontbonne University

Buen experencia

I had an amazing 4 weeks in Buenos Aires! The teachers and stuff is really helpful. Specially I liked to learn things about castellano from Argentina and cultural habits in Arg. For example to drink mate in privat classes.

Classes with less than 7 students.

Yannick
Switzerland

Awesome

I had a great time in expanish, with a lot of fun, great people! Lionel is a realy good teacher and my spanish now is so much better. The volunteer as well was a good experience! Muchas gracias!

All the staff is realy friendly, helpfull. There are good teachers and a good programm. Buenos Aires it's a great city, with a lot of things to do. It's the perfect place to spend some time in a school. Also a lot of activites you can do through the school, it's realy good

Rory
Cornwall, England

10 weeks went so quickly!

From the first day i started at the school there was a great atmosphere. The teachere was so welcoming, and the class was great. It was so nice being able to meet other foreigners heree and learning about their experiences as well as finding people to edplore the city with. My classes continued at an extremely high standard, and even when I had to change teachers, my learning continued smoothly without any poblems. 10 weeks went by so quickly, and i cant believe how much I've learnt! Thank you!

Silke
Hamburg - Germany

Anabella

Durante los dos semanas pasadas tuve clase con Anabella. Era una buena profesora, muy amable y abierta, que explicaba mucho. Los tareas eran buenas para practicar los temas y me gustó estar con un grupo pequeño de 4 personas. Hemos hablado mucho, hemos hecho ejercicios y revisado un tema cuando era necesario. Había buenas ondas y reímos muchos. Por eso, aprender era mas fácil. Gracias por esta experiencia y la ayuda durante estas dos semanas. En total, me gustó la escuela y el equipo que ayudaron mucho. Particularmente, Gabriel era un director muy especial, amable, motivado y personal como ha ayudado mucho cuando era necesario. Por favor, que sigan de esta manera. Gracias por todo!

Expanish is one of the most established Spanish Schools in Buenos Aires, offering a wide range of top quality, accredited Spanish courses and classes.

As an internationally recognized language organization we aim to ensure the most effective Spanish learning possible. We follow an internationally recognized