Expanish Spanish Language Program in Buenos Aires

Study Spanish in Argentina at Expanish Language School! Our Spanish language school in Buenos Aires offers quality Spanish courses and authentic Spanish immersion experiences. Our school is centrally located and is complete with modern facilities and a wealth of support services and activities to facilitate Spanish learning in Latin America.

All Expanish students are offered quality accommodation options in the form of friendly family homestays and independent living in shared flats. All our accommodation is carefully quality checked.

To learn more about studying Spanish in Argentina with Expanish, and to apply directly online, please visit our website.

Aleah

Great teachers, fun atmosphere

I am really enjoying my time at Expanish so far! My teacher has been fantastic, not only with grammar but also because he incorporates local customs and slang into our lessons each day. For example, for the past week we have all been drinking mate all morning during class. The staff here are friendly and helpful with planning trips outside of BA and there are all kinds of activities to do after class. The location of the school is central and it is so much fun learning Spanish alongside students from all over the world. Come study here!

Smaller class sizes
Hilary

Expanish Spanish School in Buenos Aires

Cannot say enough good things about my experience at Expanish! The teachers were super knowledgeable and patient, the staff was extremely accommodating, and there are students from all over the world with the same end goal- learn to speak spanish! Great location, great facilities, and an amazing array of free activities for students to participate in. If you are looking to study spanish abroad, Expanish is where it is at!

Continue to source top talent teachers in Buenos Aires
Rose

Excellent!

I would highly recommend Expanish to people of all ages and cultures. The staff have been really friendly and helpful from the very start, and the teachers are warm and welcoming. The content used in class is varied and engaging, and I can really feel my Spanish coming along after only a couple of weeks! There's also a nice range of activities to get involved in in the afternoons, most of which are free, and the school is in a great location for venturing off after class. If you want to master castellano whilst learning all about life as a porteño, this is the place for you!

Erin

Fantastic!

My experience at Expanish has been fantastic! I took classes for 2.5 weeks and my ability to speak Spanish greatly improved. I really enjoyed my teacher, Catalina. She made classes fun and was always willing to help me when I didn't understand something. Thank you, Expanish!!

Caroline

My stay in buenos aires

When I arrived on Monday 9 February, I had to do a written test which I thought was quite difficult. Based on that written test I was put in a class with over 10 students. I had to disturb the class because I was later due to the test. Fortunately I was placed in another class after the first break with less students. During that whole week I had classes with Mariel, who was very enthousiastic. In the afternoon I started in a very busy class but I was placed to a class with less students with Anna which was great. After the first week I found out I was in A2 but my vocabulary was better than the other students in my class. So the day after carnival, I asked Gabriel to put me in at level B2, after a oral test I was placed in level B1 with Eduardo in the morning and Antonia in the afternoon. That level was a perfecf fit!

No matter how many students start the program, do a short oral test!
Emily

One of the best experiences of my life thus far

I studied for five weeks at Expanish and what i experienced was so much more than Spanish education. While immersed in the language at school and at my homestay, I met lifelong friends from all around the world, and saw and experienced Buenos Aires more than I could ever have imagined. The staff at the school are extremely caring and accomodating, and my "Argentinian mother" at my homestay is one of the nicest and most fascinating people I've ever met. I most enjoyed nights when we would sit around the dinner table and talk (in Spanish) about our lives. This trip and attending classes was truly one of the defining moments of my life thus far.

I would improve the testing and evaluation process everyone goes through in the begining. Perhaps have a test online you can take before you get here? that way no class could be too large and there wouldnt be as much confusion every monday. Also i would like to see more of a standard between professors; most i had were amazing, but a couple were not up to the others' standards. I would also have liked a student portal online where we could see the activities and our progress online. These are minor things, i think this is a really great program.
Anna

5 great weeks with expanish

In my 5 weeks learning spanish with expanish, i improved a lot.
Before i came here i didn't know anything but now i'm able to make a simple conversation. I can talk about the past and the future and ask for important things in my dailey life.
I had 2 nice and good teachers and the small classes with about 6 students are really helpful to improve fast.
But beside the lessons expanish is although supportive with any problems you have and the lessure programm is good too.
All in all i had a great time and i would love to come again.

In my classroom we had the chairs with the table in one piece.
For me it was really hard to write on them and there was not enough space for all my stuff, like books paper pens...
And after a day sitting on them my back hurts
Seperated tables like in some other classrooms would be better in all aulas, at least for me because i'm quite tall.
Thomas

Compliments to Expanish

Hola, Hereby my compliments, I learn a lot on a nice way.
The staff and the contact with other students is great, make a lot of fun to. I will recommend every one this school! Saludos, Thomas (de Hollandes)

Megan

I reccomend!

I have been taking classes at Expanish for almost 2 weeks now and i am already understaning so much more of the language. My teacher is extremely good at explaining things to where i can understand it. As for living with a host family it is important to know that they will most likely not speak english. At first it was very hard to difficult but it is forcing me to practice and learn at a much quicker rate! I recommend this school to anyone looking to explore the spanish language!

I wish i was made aware ahead of time that my host would not be speaking any english. I was told she knew some basic english. I would also have better instructions and directions posted on the website for certain activities not meeting at the school.
Arjen

Aprendé espańol!

He estudiado español por 4 semanas en la escuela Expanish. El ambiente en la escuela es muy agradable. La escuela está en Microcentro de Buenos Aires. Aqui cerca hay una parada del subte (metro), 5 minutos de la escuela. Cada semana hay una lista de actividades. Por ejemplo: un curso de tango, andar en bicicleta, fiestas, aprender cocina argentina y mas mas. Me encanto mi profesora, porque ella puede expilicar bien las cosas diferentes. Además, ella es paciente y le gusta hacer chistes, me gusta...

The wifi-system works sometimes really bad.
Aditya

Great experience!

The experience has been great so far and I think I'm learning a lot as well. While I wasn't a complete beginner when I started, living, studying and learning in an environment that speaks Spanish has definitely helped my comprehension tons. (It's actually mediodificil a recordar English words for this comment). And the staff is always all smiles - it really helps a lot :)

It was a bit difficult at first to speak spanish all day, but Expanish really helped me get into the habit. That's the biggest strength.

Generally it has been exactly what I expected from it, which is to say pretty comfortable to phase into. At times though, it can feel a bit repetitive and slow, especially while learning the verb tenses. While I realize that is something that comes with language learning in general, maybe a little more structure to classes could make it better.
Stina

Comments

The internet connection was most of the time really bad or not working at all. The classes were a little too big, 6 persons max. would have been better, especially afternoon classes. My highlight were the private classes with Clara which improved my Spanish skills more than 2 weeks of afternoon classes.
Unfortenately was my teacher in the first two weeks not very motivated and seemed really moody....

Smaller classes. Better internet connection.
Sascha

Expanish great experience

High qualified staff with an excellent eduaction program. Byond learning aspects, the school offers great activities in the afternoon and in the evening. It was a great experience and i would definately come back.

Melanie

classes en expanish.

I would have like to be informed before to arriving and making my payments, that during the christmas and new years holiday break, the intense 30h spanish program that i had paid for was not avalible, only the 20h classes. So i was missing and had to make up 10h in my already busy schedule. Extra help, and awarness by teachers of learning difficulties among students eg. Oral examination for dyslexic students would have saved me alot of intimdation and embarrisment.

If you could ask students, if they have any academic difficulties before they start their program here. And possible offer some extra support for those needs, eg reading difficulties, dyslexica ect. Extra time, oral examinations, a reader for large texts in exams for these students would make a huge differnece.. And help avoid anxiety, and embarrissment for the individuals
jasmin

Comment on my stay at Expanish

I was very happy with my stay at Expanish and Buenos Aires in general. Everyone is very friendly and the Expanish staff helped me in every situation. My teacher Eduardo was really nice and teached us a lot! Especially my pronounciation increased through him. I met a lot of interesting people and got to know new friends from all over the world and I would do it again!

More information about the housing.

About Expanish

Expanish is one of the most established Spanish Schools in Buenos Aires, offering a wide range of top quality, accredited Spanish courses and classes.

As an internationally recognized language organization we aim to ensure the most effective Spanish...