View Other Details
Discover how vulnerable ecosystems are impacted by human activity and climate change in Southern Patagonia and Antarctica. Learn about the environmental characteristics of Southern Patagonia and Antarctica from your home base in Ushuaia, the southern-most city in the world.
- Explore the last pristine region of the world on a 10-day expedition to the Antarctic Peninsula including guided landings.
- Deepen your knowledge and understanding of the economic and geopolitical importance of the Southern Ocean and Antarctica.
- Become familiar with and learn about the local and regional environmental challenges.
- Stay with a local homestay family to learn the local culture and way of life.
- Improve your Spanish by practicing in class, on excursions, with your homestay family.
SIT Robert Kantor Memorial Scholarship
Each year one student will be granted $10,000 in scholarship aid to study abroad with a SIT program. Funded by individual donors and foundations, the requirements are tight: seeking first-generation college students who've never traveled abroad before, currently attend an HBCU, and demonstrate strong financial need.