• Argentina

Program Details

High School Diploma Bachelors
Apartment Host Family

Pricing

AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Classes Some Meals Travel Insurance
What's Included (Extra)

Round trip flights and airport transfers included for students on the optional AIFS Flight Package.

Dec 14, 2020
Dec 12, 2020
1 traveler is looking at this program

Spend a semester or academic year in Buenos Aires, Argentina with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 16 credits through either a Latin America Studies Program, an Immersion Program, or a Certificate in Latin America Studies Program at the University of Belgrano. Courses are taught in English and Spanish.

Volunteering in Buenos Aires will add a new perspective to your study abroad experience as you give back to the local community. Opportunities for volunteering while studying at the University of Belgrano include helping disadvantaged children in an orphanage or participating in an ecology or social project.

You’ll enjoy cultural and social activities such as:
• Guided tours of Buenos Aires and the La Boca neighborhood
• Tango night at a milonga
• Visit to a soccer stadium
• Day trip to Colonia del Sacramento, a UNESCO World Heritage Site in Uruguay.

Optional excursions include a 3-day trip to the famous Iguazu Falls and a day trip to a traditional Argentinean gaucho ranch.

Program Highlights

• Trip to Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay
  • Visit to Barrio San Telmo
  • Earn up to 16 credits with transcripts issued by University of Belgrano
  • Tango night at a milonga
  • No previous Spanish language study required for programs (except the Immersion Program)

• 9-10 rating 66.67%
  • 7-8 rating 33.33%
Madison

AIFS in Argentina

I studied abroad with AIFS during the spring 2020 semester in Buenos Aires, Argentina. I was able to spend six weeks there in person before my semester was moved online and I was sent back to the United States amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.This was a difficult experience, but AIFS on-site and U.S. staff were incredibly helpful and understanding during this time. My resident director in Buenos Aires was there every step of the way to ensure I was able to get a flight out of the country, and while my semester was online she would send weekly check-ins to see how I was doing. I was incredibly thankful for her kindness and helpfulness

Aside from the pandemic I chose AIFS for its all-inclusive programs, the in-flight package helped relieve a lot of my stress around traveling. My home stay, extra activities, and most of my meals were included in the base program fee. The home stay I stayed in was conveniently located near my university and some really cool neighborhoods in Buenos Aires. I would highly recommend AIFS for their helpful staff, well-thought out programs, and the amount of choices you have for studying abroad!

What was your funniest moment?
I spoke a bit of Spanish before I went, but I wasn't fluent. I went to get ice cream with some friends and confidently ordered some remolacha ice cream because I assumed that meant raspberry. My friends said I should try a sample before getting it, but I was too stubborn and could've sworn I ordered the right thing since it was a pink/red color. Well, it turns out remolacha means beet, and I found that out pretty soon after I ate a spoonful of it! After that I decided it was probably best to double check items on menus before confidently ordering them!
Hannah

Buenos Aires

I spent my spring semester of 2018 in Buenos Aires and absolutely loved it. There is truly something for everyone in this city. I attended the University of Belgrano and met many wonderful people, from both the USA and other countries around the world. This city is filled with art, culture, and an abundance of history. Each neighborhood has something completely different to offer, whether it be food, music, or architecture.

I was not great at Spanish when I arrived in BA but when I left I improved drastically. I lived in a shared apartment with 12 other people from 5 different countries and it was a great way to improve on my Spanish. I also met a lot of people to travel with. While in South America it was easy for me to travel to Peru, Chile, Uruguay, Patagonia, and Salta. The excursions included in this program are also an amazing experience you can’t miss out on.

Hanna

Semester in South America

I studied abroad in Buenos Aires, Argentina with AIFS during my Spring 2018 semester. As a Global Health major and Spanish minor, I knew I had to practice my language skills abroad. I wanted to gain practical experience living in a non-English speaking country and decided to live with a host family in order to push myself out of my comfort zone. While abroad, I studied at the Universidad de Belgrano where I took all of my courses in Spanish. Learning was really apparent in and out of the classroom.

Argentina is a beautiful blend of European and Latin American culture and serves as the perfect location for a true cultural immersion experience. Buenos Aires is a diverse city filled with numerous cultural outlets and opportunities to learn. Choosing to study abroad with AIFS gave me the confidence I needed to travel to such a foreign location. The excursions offered by AIFS gave us the opportunity to see different parts of the country and truly understand what makes Argentina so unique.