Study Abroad in Buenos Aires, Argentina: Semester or Academic Year

AIFS Buenos Aires, Argentina

Spend a semester or academic year in Buenos Aires, Argentina with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 16 credits through either a Latin America Studies Program, an Immersion Program, or a Certificate in Latin America Studies Program at the University of Belgrano. Courses are taught in English and Spanish.

Volunteering in Buenos Aires will add a new perspective to your study abroad experience as you give back to the local community. Opportunities for volunteering while studying at the University of Belgrano include helping disadvantaged children in an orphanage or participating in an ecology or social project.

You’ll enjoy cultural and social activities such as:
• Guided tours of Buenos Aires and the La Boca neighborhood
• Tango night at a milonga
• Visit to a soccer stadium
• Day trip to Colonia del Sacramento, a UNESCO World Heritage Site in Uruguay.

Optional excursions include a 3-day trip to the famous Iguazu Falls and a day trip to a traditional Argentinean gaucho ranch.

• Trip to Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay
  • Visit to Barrio San Telmo
  • Earn up to 16 credits with transcripts issued by University of Belgrano
  • Tango night at a milonga
  • No previous Spanish language study required for programs (except the Immersion Program)

AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships
AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships, Grants & Financial Support

We believe a study abroad experience is an essential component of well-rounded university education and we are committed to providing financial assistance to as many students as possible in support of their goal to study abroad.

$500 - $5,000

Hannah

Buenos Aires

I spent my spring semester of 2018 in Buenos Aires and absolutely loved it. There is truly something for everyone in this city. I attended the University of Belgrano and met many wonderful people, from both the USA and other countries around the world. This city is filled with art, culture, and an abundance of history. Each neighborhood has something completely different to offer, whether it be food, music, or architecture.

I was not great at Spanish when I arrived in BA but when I left I improved drastically. I lived in a shared apartment with 12 other people from 5 different countries and it was a great way to improve on my Spanish. I also met a lot of people to travel with. While in South America it was easy for me to travel to Peru, Chile, Uruguay, Patagonia, and Salta. The excursions included in this program are also an amazing experience you can’t miss out on.

Hanna

Semester in South America

I studied abroad in Buenos Aires, Argentina with AIFS during my Spring 2018 semester. As a Global Health major and Spanish minor, I knew I had to practice my language skills abroad. I wanted to gain practical experience living in a non-English speaking country and decided to live with a host family in order to push myself out of my comfort zone. While abroad, I studied at the Universidad de Belgrano where I took all of my courses in Spanish. Learning was really apparent in and out of the classroom.

Argentina is a beautiful blend of European and Latin American culture and serves as the perfect location for a true cultural immersion experience. Buenos Aires is a diverse city filled with numerous cultural outlets and opportunities to learn. Choosing to study abroad with AIFS gave me the confidence I needed to travel to such a foreign location. The excursions offered by AIFS gave us the opportunity to see different parts of the country and truly understand what makes Argentina so unique.

About AIFS Study Abroad

AIFS is a leading provider of study abroad programs. Since 1964, more than 1.5 million students have traveled abroad with AIFS. Comprehensive program fees make it convenient for students to study abroad and experience all that the world has to offer....