- Buenos Aires
View Other Details
International Health Insurance
Study Spanish in Buenos Aires, the cosmopolitan hub of Argentina. Buenos Aires, a city known for its mix of Old World European charm and Latin American traditions, provides a window into Latin American culture and the geopolitics of the global south. Upon arrival, you will take an intensive Spanish language course at your skill level and choose from a variety of courses taught in either English or Spanish. Through NYU Buenos Aires’ homestay program, you will practice your Spanish conversation skills with your Argentine family. You'll have additional opportunities to develop your Spanish language fluency through internships and volunteer opportunities at local NGOs and media organizations and during school-sponsored outings. Go to the NYU Global Programs website to access our online application and secure your spot for an amazing semester abroad at NYU Buenos Aires. Opportunities vary based on local restrictions. Visit the NYU Buenos Aires website for the most up-to-date information.
- Benefit from NYU’s rigorous academic offerings with a special focus on Spanish language, global public health, Latin American studies, and media in Buenos Aires.
- NYU’s academic center is located in a historic building in the centrally located Recoleta neighborhood. It houses classrooms, faculty offices, a computer lab, a student lounge, and a dining area.
- Take advantage of NYU staff-planned trips and activities like attending an authentic tango dance show and regional trips to Iguazú Falls, the Mendoza City wine region, and the forests and tiny islands of Tigre.
- For-credit and non-credit internships are available in fields like education, environment and sustainable development, journalism, politics and public policy, public health, and social and economic development.
- Volunteer opportunities are also available.