Arcadia University- University of Melbourne

Arcadia University- University of Melbourne

The University of Melbourne is one of the most prestigious schools in Australia and its students are a hardworking bunch, thrilled to be immersed in such a rich academic environment. Arcadia University students fit right into this ambitious mix. Students will be housed at the Arcadia Melbourne Center. The university maintains a distinct culture and space despite its very urban setting.

Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Excursions may include: Great Barrier Reef, The Grampians, and Broken Bay.

Arcadia University opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories. With Arcadia, you can: Enjoy academic success, explore a new world, get to know yourself, rely on us for support, and boost your resume.

Service Learning
See website for details. Scholarships available!

Best Experience of My Life

Living in a rural area and choosing to go to a small university in the US, has always had me wondering what it would be like to go to a large university in a bustling city. I have always loved to travel and knew that I wanted to try studying abroad, but I didn't know to even begin. The application process through Arcadia's study abroad program was so easy and efficient; they were able to answer any and all my questions, putting my and my parent's doubts to rest. I flew off in February with no doubts about choosing the University of Melbourne. It is a big, city school and gave me exactly what I wanted: a more global perspective, rigorous education and independence. Melbourne is such a great hub for other travel as well. With a little time management, I was able to get good grades and still visit places like the Bay of Fires in Tasmania or the Sydney Opera House, or dive and snorkel in the Great Barrier Reef. Studying in Australia was the best experience of my life, and I am so grateful for having had this opportunity through Arcadia.

I would have liked a safer, closer-to-campus housing accommodation. I also wish the program would be more selective on the students admitted into the program, because our safety was put at risk several times due to another student's actions.

Studying abroad in Melbourne was an amazing experience! Located in the cultural capital of Australia, there was never a lack of activities to keep me busy. From jazz concerts to days at the beach to amazing dining experiences to unbelievable nights out, Melbourne certainly lived up to its reputation as the World's Most Livable City. Arcadia provided housing with ten other American students and this was a great way to start of my adventure with some friends right off the bat. It was also easy to travel to and from Melbourne with the airport so near by and easily accessible. This allowed my to travel to the Outback, Sydney, Brisbane, Cairns, Surfer's Paradise, Byron Bay, Port Douglass and all over the state of Victoria, including the Great Ocean Road, the Mornington Peninsula, the Yarra Valley and the Dandenong Ranges. It was the absolute best immersion and travel experience of my life!!

About Arcadia University Study Abroad

Students from colleges and universities throughout the U.S. study abroad with Arcadia University through The College of Global Studies, the first college of its kind in the U.S. With over 130 programs in 12 countries, we offer a wide range of...