The Education Abroad Network (TEAN): Study in Wollongong, Australia

TEAN Full Ride Scholarship 2019

The TEAN Full Ride Scholarship is designed to give a stand-out student the opportunity to study abroad. The scholarship can be used for any Summer or Fall 2019 TEAN program and covers tuition, program fees, orientation and housing (up to $26,000 value).

TEAN has partnered with the University of Wollongong to provide students with a unique and memorable study abroad opportunity. Study in close proximity to Sydney, while immersing yourself in this laidback beachside city which boasts an incredible coastal environment. Students in Wollongong can enjoy a comprehensive program, fun nightlife, vibrant arts and culture scene, brilliant beaches and stunning outlying coastal destinations to explore.

Included in the program is a 5-day Orientation Excursion in Cairns where students visit the Great Barrier Reef, organized cultural activities throughout the semester, and an optional Spring Break excursion to Thailand or New Zealand (how amazing does that sound?!).

Discover Australia with TEAN as your guide - check out the TEAN website for more info!

Karly

The Education Abroad Network -- Wollongong, NSW, AUS.

My experience with The Education Abroad Network exceeded my expectations. I wouldn't change anything about my time abroad. In fact, I had such an amazing time, I am going back to Wollongong through The Education Abroad Network next fall, 2018. I believe my experience was unique because of where I was located. I enjoyed being outside of Sydney because I found that I was able to make more friends from Australia, Germany, Dubai, and Pakistan. Leaving the United States I wanted to make friends from all over the world and studying abroad in Wollongong made that possible.

Katherine

Life Changing Experience

Going abroad with TEAN to Wollongong was without a doubt one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life. The university was phenomenal and the city of Wollongong has become my second home it was such a beautiful city snuggled between the mountains and the ocean. It is the perfect area for any one who is an adventurer/outdoorsy person at heart. TEAN was such a great program, their orientation brought us to the rainforest and the great barrier reef as well as teaching us about the country. If you are interested at all about traveling to a city where adventure does not sleep go to UOW with TEAN.

Food at the orientation events, and organizing more activities for small schools like Wollongong.
Shannon

Nothing but Lifetime Memories

Studying at the University of Wollongong was one of the most amazing and life-changing experiences of my life, and I definitely have TEAN to thank for that. One of the biggest things TEAN helped out with was the ability to really immerse myself in the culture of Australia. If I had to choose my favorite part of study abroad it would have to be the people I met during my time in Australia. First, the TEAN staff were very friendly, and they all had a wealth of knowledge about the country making me feel at ease despite being 7,000 miles from home. Also, all the Australians I met have to be the nicest people I know. Through making those lifelong friendships with locals I got to explore places such as Jervis Bay, Kiama, and Melbourne to name a few. Through the TEAN program I was able to be proactive in making these sort of memories that will last a lifetime.

I feel as if I would not change a thing about how TEAN is run. Everything was very well structured and really allowed for an easy transition into studying abroad. Overall, I was very pleased with TEAN, and what they had to offer.
Valerie

The Adventure of a Lifetime

Going abroad was the best opportunity I have ever had and one of the best experiences. I have gained so much from studying abroad in Australia. The Education Abroad Network program gave me the opportunity to go on the greatest adventure with amazing people I met along the way. Being a photography major, this semester gave me the chance to open up to a new environment and explore my talents in a creative and adventurous way. Going abroad has changed my outlook on life and shown me what's important. It was one of the best experiences I've ever had and I couldn't be happier with my decision.

Matt

TEAN Wollongong

I went on the TEAN Wollongong program in the Spring of '13. I started with the comprehensive orientation in Sydney provided by TEAN, which was an awesome way to meet people and explore all of the highlights of the new city. After the orientation I went on the TEAN Cairns trip to the Great Barrier Reef. The trip was amazing and gives you the opportunity to engage in all kinds of fun and adventurous once in a lifetime activities. The University of Wollongong is a top tier university in a great location. The housing was just a few minute walk to the beach, and a quick bus ride from town and school. The program gives you lots of opportunities to travel and immerse yourself in the culture. It provides you with so many once in a lifetime activities while making lifelong friends in a beautiful new place.

Housing at UOW varies in quality in the different locations. Generally speaking, most kids try to live in Campus East. It is the closest to the beach, and known to be the most social. All housing options are good, some just provide higher quality while possibly trading the convenience of beach access and the more social areas.
Nicole

TEAN Study Abroad University of Wollongong, NSW

I studied at the Univ. of Wollongong through TEAN in Spring 2012. UOW was about an hour south of Sydney and it was the greatest 5 months of my life. TEAN was a great program to go through because they were super helpful every step of the way. They also provided great oppurtunities to see the country, between the Sydney Orientation and Spring Break Excursions. I loved that TEAN put me in campus housing, I lived with four Australian students and it really helped me get an inside perspective and to experience the culture; something that not many people truly get to experience. I would highly recommend looking into TEAN if you are interested in studying abroad, they really helped me to make the most of my experience abroad!

One of the great things about TEAN is that they are truly invested in making the study abroad experience a life changing one. Part of that is really listening to what the students have to say, they are constantly asking for student feedback. However, my personal experience was fantastic and I wouldn't change a thing about it or TEAN.

About The Education Abroad Network

The Education Abroad Network (TEAN) is a full-service international education provider specializing in immersive study and internship programs throughout Asia Pacific. Creating close partnerships the best universities in Australia, New Zealand and...