The Education Abroad Network (TEAN): Study in Sydney, Australia

TEAN Full Ride Scholarship 2019

The TEAN Full Ride Scholarship is designed to give a stand-out student the opportunity to study abroad. The scholarship can be used for any Summer or Fall 2019 TEAN program and covers tuition, program fees, orientation and housing (up to $26,000 value).

TEAN is proud to connect students with six partner universities in Sydney: The University of Sydney, Macquarie University, University of Technology Sydney, Notre Dame University, International College of Management Sydney and the University of New South Wales. Participants are guaranteed living arrangements in our premier apartments and, aside from comprehensive courses, can look forward to exploring the iconic beaches, beautiful weather, buzzing nightlife, and more in Australia's largest and oldest city.

Included in the program is a 5-day Orientation Excursion in Cairns where students visit the Great Barrier Reef, organized cultural activities throughout the semester, and an optional Spring Break excursion to Thailand or New Zealand (how amazing does that sound?!).

Discover Australia with TEAN as your guide - check out the TEAN website for more info!

Ryan

These Days

I never thought it would be so hard to leave. Australia was without a shadow of a doubt the best experience that I've ever had. Whether it was my time swimming with a sea turtle at the Great Barrier Reef, learning to surf at Bondi Beach, or getting to know people from all over the world, TEAN made this trip the best it could possibly be. As I look back on my time in Australia, the only thing that I regret is that I actually left. One of the best parts about the trip was that I got a really good idea for what I wanted to do after graduation. I'm studying journalism and communications, and as the semester wore on I was really enjoying not taking my journalism classes, so I realized that wasn't for me. On the other hand, one of my favorite classes, Media, Society, and Politics, really drove home a point that I had been thinking about. Back at my home university I had taken several classes talking about social media, which I had really enjoyed! However, MSP really showed me how deep and how interesting this topic was, and as a result I'm pursuing a job in social media post graduation. I wouldn't have had that experience without studying abroad.

There isn't anything that I want improved, I loved my trip too much to have any complaints.
Bonnie

The best experience I've ever had!

There are so many things I gained from my time abroad but the most important thing I gained from my experience was independence. It takes a lot of guts to fly across the world, not knowing a single person, for 5 months and be okay. It was definitely worthwhile and I would highly recommend it. I met so many amazing people that I will now be friends with for the rest of my life. While abroad I got to travel to 3 differnt countries with so many of my new friends and had the time of my life doing so. I have so many valuable stories and life experiences becuase I chose to go abroad, and not just go abroad, but do it through TEAN!

Danielle

TEAN University of Sydney Program

I absolutely loved my study abroad experience with The Education Abroad Network (TEAN) at the University of Sydney. TEAN staff was so helpful in answering any questions or worries I had before going abroad up until the day I left. Once I landed in Australia, I attended the TEAN orientation, which was such a blast! We spent time learning about Australian culture, the logistics of the next 4 months of our lives, getting to know the other students in the program, and doing crazy activities like Skydiving and canyoning. This was the perfect way to start my study abroad adventure, where I soon ended up in Sydney. TEAN organized for about 20 students in the program to live together in apartments right in the city within walking distance of school, grocery stores, malls, the train station, and so many tourist sights! I also had such a great experience at the University of Sydney were I learned so much by being in a classroom everyday with Aussie students. TEAN also set up lots of events throughout the semester for all of the students in the area including surfing at the famous Bondi Beach, a day at Luna Park (an amusement park), a tour of the Sydney Opera House, jet boating around the harbor, an end-of-the-semester dinner cruise, and so much more! It was a great way to spend time with the other students in the program as well as see more of the city. They also organized a fun trip to Melbourne, which is another big city in Australia, which I absolutely loved! Having to say goodbye to all of my new best friends and a city I fell in love with at the end of the semester was so hard. I would absolutely recommend this program, as I had the time of my life and I'm sure you will too!

Mary Pat

Summer Internship

I interned abroad In Australia last summer and it was a once in the life time experience. It has always been my dream to travel to Australia and I never thought I would actually make the dream happen, let alone do work there. I worked at a film company and TEAN did a perfect job matching me with my ideal internship. It was great because I had a chance to go out into the country with people who have grown up there all their lives. Everyone was so welcoming and the experience I got in a short two month period was almost more then I would've gotten at home for a full semester. TEAN was great with matching me with awesome roommates, and the outside activity they took us on was the best part of the whole trip. It was an incredible experience that I will remember forever.

Haleigh

The best 5 months of my life!

Studying abroad in Sydney was definitely one of the best decisions I ever made! There's so much to do in and around the city and by going through TEAN I was given so many more opportunities to learn about the city and to interact with locals. I attended the University of Sydney so I lived near Central Station, pretty much in the middle of the city. This location was so awesome for me because there was so much around my apartment and I was only a walk to my classes and a short train or bus ride away from everything else. Should you choose to go to the University of Sydney, UTS, or The University of Notre Dame in Sydney, it's most likely that you'll live in this area too as it's convenient to all of these schools. Being in this part of Sydney was really cool because it gave you that big city feel but you were also close to Bondi Beach, Coogee, Manly and several other beaches so that the city itself didn't become too overwhelming. On the other hand, if you choose to go to the University of New South Wales, you're likely to live in either Coogee or in Bondi Junction. I had several friends attending UNSW living in Coogee that loved where they lived and I can attest that the area was convenient to their campus, even closer to beaches, and it seemed to have a lot right in and around their too. Regardless of where you choose to go to school though public transit is super easy to figure out and really convenient so that you can get anywhere!

In my free time, I loved going to all the beaches, eating at some amazing places (Harry's in Bondi is delicious), taking the ferry to Manly Beach- they had pretty good shopping over there, and all around exploring the city. Some of the must-do's of Sydney include the Opera House of course, Bondi to Coogee walk, the Harbour Bridge Climb, Taronga Zoo, Luna Park, Bondi Icebergs Pool, the weekend markets in The Rocks, the Figure 8 pools - harder to get out to but if you can do it, I definitely recommend. If you're into museums Sydney also has a plethora of different types for you to choose from. I also got the opportunity to go see a concert in the Sydney Olympic Park which was a really cool experience. But, without TEAN I wouldn't have been able to do some of the awesome things that I did. They took us surfing at Bondi Beach, to a show at the Opera House, kayaking in the Sydney Harbour amongst other things. They're so awesome about giving unique opportunities that I don't think I would have otherwise been able to do.

What I also loved about my experience with TEAN is that at orientation I not only met the people who would be in my city, I also met people who'd be studying at universities all over Australia which gave me tons of people to see and places to stay when traveling!

In terms of nightlife, Sydney has so many different types of clubs and bars to choose from. Ivy is probably one of the most well-known clubs, it even has a rooftop pool. The Argyle in The Rocks is also really fun and afterward stop and get some pancakes in the Rocks. Darling Harbour is great both during the day and at night boasting tons of restaurants, bars, and clubs. Coogee Pavilion is also great for happy hour.

April

Thank you Australia, Thank you TEAN!

Studying abroad with TEAN was the best decision I have ever made. I learned more about the world, life, and myself in that short amount of time than I could have in years. There is nothing more valuable that having the opportunity to see the world, and that is exactly what TEAN gave me. From the temples of Thailand to the beaches of Bali and back to the amazing city of Sydney, I met the most amazing people, had the best experiences, and lived and laughed more than I ever thought possible. TEAN set me up for a lifechanging experience and for that I am forever greatful. I will never forget my days studying, living, and loving life as a ~temporary~ Australian!

Rebecca

Thank you Australia.

When I decided on The Education Abroad Network program in Sydney, Australia, I had no idea that was the first of many great steps in my abroad journey. Sydney not only opened my eyes to a world of culture, but also offered a feeling of confidence and independence I didn’t think I had. Living about a 15-20 minute walk to Central Station gave me the opportunity to hop on the next train or bus to anywhere I could think of! Several trips to Bondi beach, exciting new gelato shops, and even visits to the Rocks Markets near the Opera House were just a small portion of my greater journey. Australia soon became my home away from home, offering adventures I could have never dreamed and roommates that became best friends. By choosing TEAN I chose a team that was willing to make my study abroad experience unique, safe, and exciting. While they offered countless excursions around Sydney, some of my favorite moments with TEAN’s team were during our “coffee catch-ups” where we discussed our experiences, local culture, and ideas for even more adventures. If you’re looking for adventure, in a place to call home, with people who care about your study abroad experience, then I suggest TEAN Australia.

Overall, I do not think TEAN needs to improve much. However, they are dedicated to improving their program after each semester based on student feedback!
Sebastian

The wizard of Oz-tralia

Studying at ICMS was a once in a lifetime opportunity that I am so fortunate to have experienced. Trust me when I say don't let the anxiety of not knowing anyone in a foreign land stop you from taking the leap. The growth that comes along with this journey is unparalleled to anything you would have seen/done at your home school during the same semester.

The connections I made were worth the trip alone. However the many excursions along the way added immensely to it. The day before I went skydiving me and some friends ventured to a nearby cliff jumping spot from the school. It was my first time, and I was on the ledge for a good 10 minutes wondering why I signed up to jump out of a plane if I couldn't do this. Well eventually I did it, and jumped out of the plane, as over many other mental hurdles that were holding me back.

This trip taught me a lot about myself, and I'm confident it will do the same for anyone else.
Highly recommended 10/10

Kaley Nelsen
Kaley Nelsen

Best 4 Months of My Life!!

I absolutely loved going through TEAN for my abroad experience. Not only were they very responsive and super helpful before I left for Australia (I called them more times than the average person because I was so excited/nervous/anxious), but they also were very hands-on once I got to Australia.

I loved participating in the pre-orientation program at Uluru. It gave me the chance to meet some of my best friends abroad and explore the Australian “outback” before I settled into Sydney. The program was just long enough that I was exposed to everything that Uluru/Ayer’s Rock had to offer, but not too long that it got boring.

What I really appreciated was the continued communication with TEAN throughout my time abroad. Since I was studying slightly further away from most of the other Sydney Universities, Caroline took everyone at ICMS out to lunch twice to discuss how the program was and if there was anything she could help with. This continued touchpoint really proved how much TEAN cares about the students they send abroad.

Hands down one of the best experiences of my life and I owe TEAN a lot of that.

Nothing. Studying at ICMS is the best experience anyone could ask for!
Jolie

The Experience of a Lifetime

I absolutely loved my 5 month long study abroad experience through TEAN. I lived in the heart of Sydney and studied at UTS. Every day was a new adventure, whether it was walking to Darling Harbour, taking the train to Circular Quay to a) stare at the Opera House or b) take a ferry to Manly Beach or Watsons Bay or c) walk around The Rocks, hike in the Blue Mountains and Royal National Park, doing the Bondi-Coogee coastal walk, or traveling to other cities in Australia, and other countries such as New Zealand and Thailand. TEAN staff members were ALWAYS accessible and readily available if we ever needed anything from my first day in Sydney to the last. Overall, my Sydney study abroad experience was unbelievable and indescribable, and I wish I could do it all over again!!

Domenick

Study Abroad in Sydney, Australia!

While studying at UNSW, I had the experience of a lifetime. I had the opportunity to immerse myself into the Australian culture by traveling throughout the entire country. Opportunities are endless in Australia! This experience is truly life changing and I would extremely recommend to study abroad with The Education Abroad Network and go to Sydney, Australia. I can promise anyone that studied abroad in Australia will be extremely pleased!

I do not think anything needs to be improved within this program. Each aspect that could possibly occur is taken care of through this program.
Sarah

The Time of My Life!

I can honestly say that studying abroad has made me think and live differently. I take advantage of more opportunities and resources now. Studying abroad in Australia has allowed me to see parts of the world I may not have seen otherwise. It helped me push my own boundaries and challenge myself. My advice to students who are thinking about studying abroad is to do it, the experiences you will have will be like no other. From surfing to scuba diving and learning from the best professors there is no other experience like the one TEAN offers. Apply now and start dreaming about the best time of your life!

Honestly, I would not change anything about my TEAN experience. I am happy to say that every aspect of my experience was amazing.
Rachel

A Semester in Paradise

Leading up to my semester abroad, I really wasn't sure if I was going to be able to go. I always had the dream of traveling to Australia, but when it actually came time to going or not, I suddenly started questioning my decisions. Did I want to be going to the other side of the world for 5 months? Were my credits going to transfer? And who are my friends going to be? I kept telling my friends and family that I was so excited to go to Sydney, but in the back of my head I kept questioning myself if I should really be going or not.

Fast forward 5 months later, and I can confidently say I have never made a better decision than studying abroad in Sydney with TEAN. It was truly the most impactful experience of my life and I know I will never do anything that will truly compare to it.

Going abroad to a country unfathomably far away from home, there are an endless amount of logistics to be handled that often seem to overwhelming to do yourself. However, from the moment I landed in Sydney, I never truly felt overwhelmed with handling the logistical component of my abroad experience. From the start, TEAN made sure each and every individual on the program was accounted for and felt comfortable and no questions ever went unanswered.

While studying in Sydney, not only was I exposed to some of the most picturesque settings in the world, but I was surrounded by people who made the experience so positive. TEAN provided me with so much guidance along the way and made sure that whatever I decided to do with my time in Australia, that I did I wanted to do while having the best time possible.

I learned more about myself during my study abroad experience than I ever thought I would. I learned that the world is so vast, and there is so much to learn, and you can only do that if you put yourself out there. I would say that my biggest takeaway from abroad is to not hesitate, don't question, and don't waste your time - because nothing is more valuable than the minutes you spend traveling and learning about all of the things you have never before encountered in your life.

Anna

From Kentucky to Sydney!

Traveling abroad in Australia was simply incredible! I would not have been able to experience such a wonderful place without the help of TEAN. There was never a moment where I felt unsafe or unsure. TEAN provided amazing professors, exciting excursions and was present at every step along the way to ensure we felt at ease. One of the most amazing parts about our adventure was our scuba diving excursion. Never I have felt so awe-inspired by the world than the moment when I was among the fish in the Great Barrier Reef. Thanks to TEAN, I can cross off a once in a lifetime dream that was at the top of my bucket list. I encourage everyone to consider studying abroad with the help of TEAN, you will not regret it!

To be perfectly honest, this program is absolutely at it's best. The support from TEAN was wonderful and the program contains everything anyone could need!
Christy

Views for Days

When I was looking to study abroad in Australia I immediately knew I wanted to go through a program where I would be living off campus and with other new international students. I was referred to The Education Abroad Network (TEAN) by a friend who went abroad the previous year and I can truly say it was the best decision I made before leaving the states. They walked me through the steps of retaining a travel visa, enrolling in the university I would be studying at, and also had a 5 day orientation that began the minute I got off the plane in Sydney. The immediate immersion into Australian life made all of my nerves disappear and it was extremely helpful meeting new students and several of the girls I would be living with for the entire semester right away. TEAN organized two excursions throughout the semester, one to Cairns before classes began and another to Thailand (or New Zealand, but I chose to go to Thailand for the elephants) during Spring Break. Having the option to go through a guided trip of new areas was amazing and I experienced things I never would have been able to plan on my own such as a day trip to an island off of Cairns, or spending the night in a local village in Thailand. During my stay in Sydney, TEAN went above and beyond with the housing as the beach was my backyard and even helped me find an amazing internship at the start of the semester! With in-country staff always available for help, I never felt unsafe and the TEAN staff were always giving us heads up about any events taking place all across New South Wales. When I got sick in Thailand, the group leader knew exactly what to do and had everything I needed to offset the nausea and dehydration. I honestly do not know what I would have had to do had she not been there and lived in Thailand and other countries in the past where the food sickness was common due to the water. She made sure that I along with the rest of the group was still enjoying our time in the beautiful country and made me want to one day travel as much as she has. Going through TEAN opened my life up to the endless possibilities of working abroad and traveling the world. They never babied me and I knew that I had to figure out most things on my own which in turn allowed me to grow personally. This made me realize how much I can accomplish once I set my mind to something, especially when I took one last trip in the semester alone, as this was something I had never done before but know that I will probably have to do it for future jobs and events.

About The Education Abroad Network

The Education Abroad Network (TEAN) is a full-service international education provider specializing in immersive study and internship programs throughout Asia Pacific. Creating close partnerships the best universities in Australia, New Zealand and...