The Education Abroad Network (TEAN): Study in Sydney, Australia

The Education Abroad Network (TEAN): Study in Sydney, Australia

TEAN Full Ride Scholarship 2018
The TEAN Full Ride Scholarship is designed to give a stand-out student the opportunity to study abroad. The scholarship can be used for any Summer or Fall 2018 TEAN program and covers tuition, program fees, orientation and housing (up to $26,000 value).

TEAN is proud to connect students with six partner universities in Sydney: The University of Sydney, Macquarie University, University of Technology Sydney, Notre Dame University, International College of Management Sydney and the University of New South Wales. Participants are guaranteed living arrangements in our premier apartments and, aside from comprehensive courses, can look forward to exploring the iconic beaches, beautiful weather, buzzing nightlife, and more in Australia's largest and oldest city.

Included in the program is a 5-day Orientation Excursion in Cairns where students visit the Great Barrier Reef, organized cultural activities throughout the semester, and an optional Spring Break excursion to Thailand or New Zealand (how amazing does that sound?!).

Discover Australia with TEAN as your guide - check out the TEAN website for more info!

Oceania » Australia » Sydney
Oceania » Australia
Statement of Purpose
Sydney

Haleigh

The best 5 months of my life!

Studying abroad in Sydney was definitely one of the best decisions I ever made! There's so much to do in and around the city and by going through TEAN I was given so many more opportunities to learn about the city and to interact with locals. I attended the University of Sydney so I lived near Central Station, pretty much in the middle of the city. This location was so awesome for me because there was so much around my apartment and I was only a walk to my classes and a short train or bus ride away from everything else. Should you choose to go to the University of Sydney, UTS, or The University of Notre Dame in Sydney, it's most likely that you'll live in this area too as it's convenient to all of these schools. Being in this part of Sydney was really cool because it gave you that big city feel but you were also close to Bondi Beach, Coogee, Manly and several other beaches so that the city itself didn't become too overwhelming. On the other hand, if you choose to go to the University of New South Wales, you're likely to live in either Coogee or in Bondi Junction. I had several friends attending UNSW living in Coogee that loved where they lived and I can attest that the area was convenient to their campus, even closer to beaches, and it seemed to have a lot right in and around their too. Regardless of where you choose to go to school though public transit is super easy to figure out and really convenient so that you can get anywhere!

In my free time, I loved going to all the beaches, eating at some amazing places (Harry's in Bondi is delicious), taking the ferry to Manly Beach- they had pretty good shopping over there, and all around exploring the city. Some of the must-do's of Sydney include the Opera House of course, Bondi to Coogee walk, the Harbour Bridge Climb, Taronga Zoo, Luna Park, Bondi Icebergs Pool, the weekend markets in The Rocks, the Figure 8 pools - harder to get out to but if you can do it, I definitely recommend. If you're into museums Sydney also has a plethora of different types for you to choose from. I also got the opportunity to go see a concert in the Sydney Olympic Park which was a really cool experience. But, without TEAN I wouldn't have been able to do some of the awesome things that I did. They took us surfing at Bondi Beach, to a show at the Opera House, kayaking in the Sydney Harbour amongst other things. They're so awesome about giving unique opportunities that I don't think I would have otherwise been able to do.

What I also loved about my experience with TEAN is that at orientation I not only met the people who would be in my city, I also met people who'd be studying at universities all over Australia which gave me tons of people to see and places to stay when traveling!

In terms of nightlife, Sydney has so many different types of clubs and bars to choose from. Ivy is probably one of the most well-known clubs, it even has a rooftop pool. The Argyle in The Rocks is also really fun and afterward stop and get some pancakes in the Rocks. Darling Harbour is great both during the day and at night boasting tons of restaurants, bars, and clubs. Coogee Pavilion is also great for happy hour.

April
Minnetonka, MN
Villanova University

Thank you Australia, Thank you TEAN!

Studying abroad with TEAN was the best decision I have ever made. I learned more about the world, life, and myself in that short amount of time than I could have in years. There is nothing more valuable that having the opportunity to see the world, and that is exactly what TEAN gave me. From the temples of Thailand to the beaches of Bali and back to the amazing city of Sydney, I met the most amazing people, had the best experiences, and lived and laughed more than I ever thought possible. TEAN set me up for a lifechanging experience and for that I am forever greatful. I will never forget my days studying, living, and loving life as a ~temporary~ Australian!

Rebecca

Thank you Australia.

When I decided on The Education Abroad Network program in Sydney, Australia, I had no idea that was the first of many great steps in my abroad journey. Sydney not only opened my eyes to a world of culture, but also offered a feeling of confidence and independence I didn’t think I had. Living about a 15-20 minute walk to Central Station gave me the opportunity to hop on the next train or bus to anywhere I could think of! Several trips to Bondi beach, exciting new gelato shops, and even visits to the Rocks Markets near the Opera House were just a small portion of my greater journey. Australia soon became my home away from home, offering adventures I could have never dreamed and roommates that became best friends. By choosing TEAN I chose a team that was willing to make my study abroad experience unique, safe, and exciting. While they offered countless excursions around Sydney, some of my favorite moments with TEAN’s team were during our “coffee catch-ups” where we discussed our experiences, local culture, and ideas for even more adventures. If you’re looking for adventure, in a place to call home, with people who care about your study abroad experience, then I suggest TEAN Australia.

Overall, I do not think TEAN needs to improve much. However, they are dedicated to improving their program after each semester based on student feedback!

Sebastian
Long Beach
California State University- Long Beach

The wizard of Oz-tralia

Studying at ICMS was a once in a lifetime opportunity that I am so fortunate to have experienced. Trust me when I say don't let the anxiety of not knowing anyone in a foreign land stop you from taking the leap. The growth that comes along with this journey is unparalleled to anything you would have seen/done at your home school during the same semester.

The connections I made were worth the trip alone. However the many excursions along the way added immensely to it. The day before I went skydiving me and some friends ventured to a nearby cliff jumping spot from the school. It was my first time, and I was on the ledge for a good 10 minutes wondering why I signed up to jump out of a plane if I couldn't do this. Well eventually I did it, and jumped out of the plane, as over many other mental hurdles that were holding me back.

This trip taught me a lot about myself, and I'm confident it will do the same for anyone else.
Highly recommended 10/10

Kaley Nelsen
Kaley Nelsen
Los Gatos, California

Best 4 Months of My Life!!

I absolutely loved going through TEAN for my abroad experience. Not only were they very responsive and super helpful before I left for Australia (I called them more times than the average person because I was so excited/nervous/anxious), but they also were very hands-on once I got to Australia.

I loved participating in the pre-orientation program at Uluru. It gave me the chance to meet some of my best friends abroad and explore the Australian “outback” before I settled into Sydney. The program was just long enough that I was exposed to everything that Uluru/Ayer’s Rock had to offer, but not too long that it got boring.

What I really appreciated was the continued communication with TEAN throughout my time abroad. Since I was studying slightly further away from most of the other Sydney Universities, Caroline took everyone at ICMS out to lunch twice to discuss how the program was and if there was anything she could help with. This continued touchpoint really proved how much TEAN cares about the students they send abroad.

Hands down one of the best experiences of my life and I owe TEAN a lot of that.

Nothing. Studying at ICMS is the best experience anyone could ask for!

Jolie
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

The Experience of a Lifetime

I absolutely loved my 5 month long study abroad experience through TEAN. I lived in the heart of Sydney and studied at UTS. Every day was a new adventure, whether it was walking to Darling Harbour, taking the train to Circular Quay to a) stare at the Opera House or b) take a ferry to Manly Beach or Watsons Bay or c) walk around The Rocks, hike in the Blue Mountains and Royal National Park, doing the Bondi-Coogee coastal walk, or traveling to other cities in Australia, and other countries such as New Zealand and Thailand. TEAN staff members were ALWAYS accessible and readily available if we ever needed anything from my first day in Sydney to the last. Overall, my Sydney study abroad experience was unbelievable and indescribable, and I wish I could do it all over again!!

Domenick
New Wilmington, PA
Pace University

Study Abroad in Sydney, Australia!

While studying at UNSW, I had the experience of a lifetime. I had the opportunity to immerse myself into the Australian culture by traveling throughout the entire country. Opportunities are endless in Australia! This experience is truly life changing and I would extremely recommend to study abroad with The Education Abroad Network and go to Sydney, Australia. I can promise anyone that studied abroad in Australia will be extremely pleased!

I do not think anything needs to be improved within this program. Each aspect that could possibly occur is taken care of through this program.

Elverson

The Time of My Life!

I can honestly say that studying abroad has made me think and live differently. I take advantage of more opportunities and resources now. Studying abroad in Australia has allowed me to see parts of the world I may not have seen otherwise. It helped me push my own boundaries and challenge myself. My advice to students who are thinking about studying abroad is to do it, the experiences you will have will be like no other. From surfing to scuba diving and learning from the best professors there is no other experience like the one TEAN offers. Apply now and start dreaming about the best time of your life!

Honestly, I would not change anything about my TEAN experience. I am happy to say that every aspect of my experience was amazing.

Rachel
Philadelphia, PA
University of Michigan

A Semester in Paradise

Leading up to my semester abroad, I really wasn't sure if I was going to be able to go. I always had the dream of traveling to Australia, but when it actually came time to going or not, I suddenly started questioning my decisions. Did I want to be going to the other side of the world for 5 months? Were my credits going to transfer? And who are my friends going to be? I kept telling my friends and family that I was so excited to go to Sydney, but in the back of my head I kept questioning myself if I should really be going or not.

Fast forward 5 months later, and I can confidently say I have never made a better decision than studying abroad in Sydney with TEAN. It was truly the most impactful experience of my life and I know I will never do anything that will truly compare to it.

Going abroad to a country unfathomably far away from home, there are an endless amount of logistics to be handled that often seem to overwhelming to do yourself. However, from the moment I landed in Sydney, I never truly felt overwhelmed with handling the logistical component of my abroad experience. From the start, TEAN made sure each and every individual on the program was accounted for and felt comfortable and no questions ever went unanswered.

While studying in Sydney, not only was I exposed to some of the most picturesque settings in the world, but I was surrounded by people who made the experience so positive. TEAN provided me with so much guidance along the way and made sure that whatever I decided to do with my time in Australia, that I did I wanted to do while having the best time possible.

I learned more about myself during my study abroad experience than I ever thought I would. I learned that the world is so vast, and there is so much to learn, and you can only do that if you put yourself out there. I would say that my biggest takeaway from abroad is to not hesitate, don't question, and don't waste your time - because nothing is more valuable than the minutes you spend traveling and learning about all of the things you have never before encountered in your life.

Anna
Chicago

From Kentucky to Sydney!

Traveling abroad in Australia was simply incredible! I would not have been able to experience such a wonderful place without the help of TEAN. There was never a moment where I felt unsafe or unsure. TEAN provided amazing professors, exciting excursions and was present at every step along the way to ensure we felt at ease. One of the most amazing parts about our adventure was our scuba diving excursion. Never I have felt so awe-inspired by the world than the moment when I was among the fish in the Great Barrier Reef. Thanks to TEAN, I can cross off a once in a lifetime dream that was at the top of my bucket list. I encourage everyone to consider studying abroad with the help of TEAN, you will not regret it!

To be perfectly honest, this program is absolutely at it's best. The support from TEAN was wonderful and the program contains everything anyone could need!

Christy
Grosse Pointe Farms

Views for Days

When I was looking to study abroad in Australia I immediately knew I wanted to go through a program where I would be living off campus and with other new international students. I was referred to The Education Abroad Network (TEAN) by a friend who went abroad the previous year and I can truly say it was the best decision I made before leaving the states. They walked me through the steps of retaining a travel visa, enrolling in the university I would be studying at, and also had a 5 day orientation that began the minute I got off the plane in Sydney. The immediate immersion into Australian life made all of my nerves disappear and it was extremely helpful meeting new students and several of the girls I would be living with for the entire semester right away. TEAN organized two excursions throughout the semester, one to Cairns before classes began and another to Thailand (or New Zealand, but I chose to go to Thailand for the elephants) during Spring Break. Having the option to go through a guided trip of new areas was amazing and I experienced things I never would have been able to plan on my own such as a day trip to an island off of Cairns, or spending the night in a local village in Thailand. During my stay in Sydney, TEAN went above and beyond with the housing as the beach was my backyard and even helped me find an amazing internship at the start of the semester! With in-country staff always available for help, I never felt unsafe and the TEAN staff were always giving us heads up about any events taking place all across New South Wales. When I got sick in Thailand, the group leader knew exactly what to do and had everything I needed to offset the nausea and dehydration. I honestly do not know what I would have had to do had she not been there and lived in Thailand and other countries in the past where the food sickness was common due to the water. She made sure that I along with the rest of the group was still enjoying our time in the beautiful country and made me want to one day travel as much as she has. Going through TEAN opened my life up to the endless possibilities of working abroad and traveling the world. They never babied me and I knew that I had to figure out most things on my own which in turn allowed me to grow personally. This made me realize how much I can accomplish once I set my mind to something, especially when I took one last trip in the semester alone, as this was something I had never done before but know that I will probably have to do it for future jobs and events.

San Luis Obispo, CA
California Polytechnic State University- San Luis Obispo

TEAN: University of New South Wales

Having the opportunity to study abroad was something that I have always dreamed of. I wasn't ever 100% sure where I wanted to go, however once I went to talk to my advisor and heard about the TEAN program in Sydney I was immediately sold! I had never heard a single bad thing about the program or the place, so I figured, why not?! Upon my arrival to Sydney, everything from our housing to our bridge climb was planned for us. After 5 months in Sydney I never wanted to leave and am already planning my next trip back! I met some of the most amazing people, ate some of the best food and saw some of the most famous sites around the world. I had the chance to travel to Bali, New Zealand, Cambodia, Thailand, Laos, Byron Bay and Melbourne...aka places I thought I could only dream of traveling to as a 20 year old American girl. I made memories that will last a life time, and even after 3 months home, I still get all giddy just talking about my experiences. I've probably told every person that has asked me about it (regardless of their age) that they need to study abroad and/or just go to Australia.

Pittsburgh
University of Pittsburgh

The Best 5 Months of My Life

When I arrived in the Sydney Airport, I was both excited and terrified. I stood nervously waiting for my bag on the conveyor belt and struggled to pull my enormous suitcase through the airport. When I reached the arrival section of the airport, before I could panic or worry or fear that I was truly alone, I saw three of the brightest faces of the entire bunch with colorful signs that read THE EDUCATION ABROAD NETWORK. These people embraced me in their arms and immediately went from being strangers to friends. Any sense of anxiety I had immediately went away and I felt at ease with these truly genuine people telling me exactly where I needed to go and what I needed to do. I have heard other people have very different stories when arriving in their study abroad country and I could not be more thankful I chose TEAN to go abroad with. Throughout the next five months they were always there if my roommates and I had any questions or concerns. They frequently came to check on us and brought us on an adventure every other week! Working for TEAN is my dream job because I want to create the amazing experience that they created for me.

I honestly would not change a thing.

Zach
Springfield, OH
University of Kentucky

No Worries Mate, Just Go!

If someone were to ask me was studying abroad worth all of the hassle, the money, and leaving your family and friends for a bit I would definitely respond: ooooohhhh yeahhhhh. It cost me a fair amount but it was totally worth every single 5 cent piece (Australia doesn't have pennies). Studying abroad will literally be the best time of your life so just do it! I really learned how to experience and appreciate other cultures and other people. I learned how to handle whatever was thrown at me, and believe me there will be a lot of crazy circumstances you will go through while abroad. I learned that everything will be alright in the end no matter how bad things may seem. I learned how to constantly live out of my comfort zone and I loved it. Most importantly, I learned how to be an Aussie!

For the program to really push the students to be immersed in the local culture even more than they already do.

Madison
Fayetteville, AR

For the best experience of your life, STUDY IN SYDNEY WITH TEAN!

Studying Abroad in Sydney with TEAN will provide you with endless opportunities to have fun! To begin you have an orientation with all the fellow TEAN students where you get to do super cool activities throughout Sydney and it's a great chance to become friends with everyone before school starts. TEAN offers a pre-semester excursion in Cairns that is a must do. You get to dive the Great Barrier Reef, spend the night in a rainforest, go white water rafting, skydive and many other sweet activities. Throughout the semester TEAN provides you with awesome free activities such as sporting events and kayaking in the Sydney harbor. I lived right on the Coogee beach and it was perfect!

Meredith
South Carolina
Clemson University

Why Studying Abroad with TEAN in Sydney Was the Best Decision I've Made

One of my favorite memories while studying abroad was going to Cape Tribulation in the Daintree Rainforest. I went on this excursion during my second week in Australia and I am forever grateful that it was one of my first experiences with the amazing atmosphere there. While there I stayed in a small cabin immersed by the rainforest. Walking outside in the morning along the dirt path to the beach was eye opening. A bunch of us had decided to wake up around five in the morning to watch the sunrise and see if we could sea if any of the sea turtles would come to shore. Sitting on the beach watching the sunrise was one of the most beautiful things I have ever experienced. The way the dark orange light began to shine through on the beach was like nothing I had ever seen before. Going to the Daintree Rainforest and being able to see such beauty was one of the trips I am most thankful to have taken while in Australia. This excursion also allowed me to see the true beauty of Australia and disconnect with the outside world. I was able to just sit and take in my surroundings and appreciate how truly lucky I was to be spending a semester in Australia.

Claire
Oxford, Ohio
Miami University

Take me back

My semester spent at the University of New South Wales (UNSW) through TEAN was the most exciting adventure. Living off campus in a beautiful apartment near the beach was something I thought I would never experience. I learned to surf on the famous Bondi Beach and played with koalas and kangaroos. Not only did I experience these new adventures, I learned to live like a local in the small beach suburb and also leaned to maneuver my way around the city as well. TEAN is an amazing program and they go above and beyond to make Australia feel like home and to make sure you get the most out of your time abroad. One semester went by so quickly and I would do anything to do it again!

Katie
Clemson, South Carolina
Clemson University

Look No Further

Studying in Sydney was one of the best experiences of my life. I was able to be challenged in classes, since I was taking classes from my major as well as having time to travel. I was able to make it up to the Great Barrier Reef, down to Melbourne, and over to New Zealand, as well as many day trips near Sydney! Living by Coogee Beach was just an added bonus that TEAN made happen. Without TEAN, I would have been living on campus and not getting the full Australian experience. Most Australians live with their parents so the campus was filled with international students. TEANs housing provided the chance to experience the beach life as well as being close to school for an easy commute!

One of my favorite activities that TEAN hosted was the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb. It was included in the program cost and something everyone should do when they go to Sydney! The mid semester break to New Zealand was also unbelievable. I never thought I would get to climb a glacier or bungy jump, especially not all in one week! My trip to Australia was definitely one for the books. It's an experience I will never forget!

TEAN provided many optional activities and meals/ coffee breaks to catch up throughout the semester. I wish there were a few more included meals in the semester to show us some other good places to eat, although the few places we did go were delicious!

Dan
Hoboken, New Jersey

The Best Experience of My Life

Studying abroad with TEAN in Sydney was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I set out to learn engineering from a different culture and atmosphere, yet I got so much more. I had the opportunity to make many new friends, go outside of my comfort zone to have amazing experiences, and as a result learn more about myself. My experiences in Sydney gave me enough direction to know how I wanted to go about the rest of my university studies.

TEAN gave me many of these opportunities and experiences by organizing trips to parts of Sydney and other cities. Without them I probably would not have thought to organize, or even do in the first place, these trips. They also have people living in Sydney to give me direction or advice whenever I needed it. I definitely recommend them for their organization, excursions, staff, and an overall fantastic experience in Australia!

Anastasia
Kingston, Rhode Island

A Semester Down Under

Studying abroad in Australia with The Education Abroad Network was the best decision I have made to date. I fell in love with country and I learned so much. I learned about myself, the Australian culture, and academically in the classroom. A lot of the experiences I had and learning opportunities abroad I owe to TEAN. TEAN organized many trips and events and allowed me to explore the Australian culture in ways I would have never done on my own. One of my favorite memories abroad was the pre-semester trip to the Great Barrier Reef that TEAN organized. TEAN really made sure I got the most out of my short time abroad and really enhanced my experience. While talking to other students abroad who went though other programs, I learned TEAN was the best. Going through TEAN, you are truly spoiled and getting the best experience possible. I am so happy with my decision to go abroad to Australia and wouldn't change a thing, looking back. I am forever grateful to TEAN and recommend this program to all!

None

Nicholas
Chicago, IL
Knox College

Studying abroad with TEAN changed my life

Since studying in Australia my life has changed! I learned so much abroad. Australians know how to live! They enjoy their lives with minimal to no stress.

TEAN is the best program out there. They take care of their students in all there needs. Emails and call are responded to quickly. All my worries and question while submitting my application were taken seriously and respectfully.

Once studying abroad TEAN offers so many excursions to get in touch with Australian culture. The staff are true Australians and some are younger Americans who previously studied abroad with TEAN. All in all stories and advice were exchanged through the two.

TEAN allows you to fully integrate into the city and teaches you how to do so with the Sydney orientation. It was so helpful learning how to get around and if you ever had any questions TEAN staff was just a text or call away. TEAN also allows you to get full access to campus societies and events! Take advantage of this privilege and meet locals.

All in all, TEAN is the best program out there. They offer more options than any other program I looked at! TEAN honestly allows you to have the best experience of your life while abroad.

N/A

Emily
Dayton Ohio
University of Dayton

Wanderlust Fever

My semester abroad in Australia was packed full of adventure, new friends, beautiful places and many memories. Sydney was the perfect city for me. It had an energetic city life but also a relaxing beach aspect. The education, the food, and my living situation throughout the semester were all big aspects of a smooth transition that TEAN helped give. There were endless opportunities offered to us throughout the semester to add to a great experience.
I was able to knock off some things off of my bucket list like skydiving and snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef. I made best friends from all over the world. I learned more about different cultures. I explored some of the most beautiful places. I think it is safe to say my experience was amazing! I definitely have wanderlust now and can't wait to explore more of the world.

TEAN made everything so easy! I have no complaints.

Dana
College Park, Marlyand
University of Maryland

Best 5 months of my life

The beach was my backyard, but with a short bus ride I was in the city, looking at the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbor Bridge! People were friendly, food was amazing, and experiences were so memorable.

Lower cost by making certain aspects optional

Tania
Orlando, Florida

Australia: Trip of a Lifetime

The helping hand that TEAN provided for me was tremendous. I could not have done it without them. My time abroad was a bit different from regular students, due to my disability which happened a few days before my trip. TEAN really worked with me in feeling safe and having the best time I could, even with a broken ankle.

more communication between my UCF advisor and the TEAN advisors

Samantha
Pleasantville, New York
University of Sydney

Opportunity of a Lifetime

Studying abroad was one of the best experiences of my life. I was able to live in a foreign city for five months and explore a totally new culture! Australians were welcoming and Sydney was beautiful with so much to offer. i was never bored and I was constantly traveling to new places. The Education Abroad Network does a fantastic job at getting you acquainted with your city before "setting you free." The Education Abroad Network staff is always available whenever you need help or advice. They host coffee meet-ups and dinners, which were an excellent and fun way to catch up with friends. By studying abroad through this program, I made lifelong friends and unforgettable memories. The Education Abroad Network truly made my study abroad experience perfect.

Honestly, I cannot think of any way to improve this program. The Education Abroad Network is fantastic and I could not imagine studying abroad with anyone else!

Elizabeth
Syracuse, New York

Best Time of My Life!

Going through TEAN was such a rewarding experience all around. Traveling by myself to Sydney, Australia I never felt alone because I was with TEAN. I chose TEAN because they set up your flights, housing, roommates, pre semester trips and spring break. This program takes all the anxiety and stress out of the planning to go abroad and during your abroad experience. TEAN offers a five day orientation in Sydney before the semester starts. This gives students time to explore, learn, but most importantly adjust to a new environment. Overall the staff is extremely friendly and helpful throughout the whole process and will guide you throughout your whole semester!

Charlotte
Albany, New York
Siena College

A Semester in the Life Down Under

Every day in Sydney was something different, and I got to know so many different people, and enjoyed my time with the Aussies I got to meet in class. Everyone I had the chance to spend time with was so helpful, and all of the other students I was with enjoyed going out and exploring just as much as I did!

I wish I could have been there even longer.

Emma
Rhode Island
University of Rhode Island

The Best Experience Abroad

Going to Australia was always a dream of mine and TEAN made it come true. I think studying abroad is an experience that every college student should do. I mean come on who wouldn't want to spend 5 months in another country?! Experiencing a new culture is so eye opening and actually changed the career path that I wanted to follow. And I'm much happier with a my new one. TEAN made the whole process of studying abroad so easy and basically stress free (the only stress was not being home for 5 months and the 14hr time difference, but I made it work!)! The only thing I would do differently would to do a year instead of just one semester. The hardest part about studying abroad is the leaving of your host country.

Honestly nothing comes to mind truthfully.

Katie
New York
University of New South Wales

Greatest 5 Months of my Life!

Everything about my study abroad program was incredible! Australia has so much to offer and you really get to feel like you live there, rather than just visiting. I saw some of the most beautiful places I have ever seen and ate some of the most amazing food. I believe that the main reason I loved Australia so much was because I went through The Education Abroad Network (TEAN). TEAN is extremely organized and they're with you every step of the way. I never felt alone and knew that if I ever needed something TEAN staff would be there for me. All of the staff were young and so nice and had the greatest tips and advice on everything-- travel, culture, food, etc. TEAN's accommodations were amazing. We staying in apartments with incredible views of the city with multiple balconies.TEAN's orientation was so much fun and I learned so much during it, not to mention I made some of my best friends during it. TEAN's post trip (Byron Bay) and pre semester trip (Thailand) were two of the best trips I went on while abroad. They are so organized and amazing!

Nothing-- It was amazing! I only wish I could have stayed longer.

Melissa
East Lansing Michigan
Michigan State University

The Best Summer Down Under

My experience in Australia was phenomenal. Everyday was a new adventure! I was very fortunate to travel to so many cities such as Brisbane, Byron Bay, Darwin, Kakadu, Melbourne, Sydney, Gold Coast and Cairns. I chose this program because it fit well with my curriculum since I am a Hospitably Business major and when I read the program outline I was very interested in learning more about the topics covered. the TEAN advisors were more than helpful while on our trip! Whenever I had a question it was always answered, even if it had to be the next day. During our time in Australia we mainly stayed in hostels, but during our two-week period at the University of New South Wales we stayed in the dorms. Personally I loved staying in the hostels because it was a great way to meet people, not only from our study abroad group, but from all over the world. One of my most memorable experiences was climbing the Sydney Harbor Bridge. Learning about the construction and work that went into such an iconic bridge was so interesting. I am so thankful for my time abroad and for the staff that led us through some of the most amazing experiences!

The only improvement I would have for this program would to be integrate all of the 3 summer programs together a little more. We all stayed together as a large group, but would separate at different times. With so many people I felt like I was still meeting people the last few days of the program.

The Education Abroad Network (TEAN) is a full-service international education provider specializing in immersive study and internship programs throughout Asia Pacific. Creating close partnerships the best universities in Australia, New Zealand and across Asia over the past two decades has allowed TEAN to become experts