TEAN: Study Abroad in Gold Coast, Australia

I spent a great amount of time hanging out at this beach and in the Burleigh Heads area, a great spot to soak up the sun, surf, meet locals, shop, and eat.
Ya, this is what I woke up to every morning.
Ya, this is what I woke up to every morning.
A must do day or weekend trip up to Byron Bay, a cool town located right on the coast with some of the most amazing views and fun places to explore.
My backyard in the Gold Coast
Skydiving in Byron Bay

TEAN has partnered with Griffith University and Bond University to offer students a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to live and study abroad in Australia. Students can look forward to enjoying beautiful beaches, learning to surf, sunny weather, plenty of fresh seafood and authentic Australian hospitality. Participants also enjoy a wide array of courses (both universities offer comprehensive academic programs with Business Schools that are AACSB accredited) and amazing housing options, like premier housing right on the beach!

Included in the program is a 5-day Orientation Excursion in Cairns where students visit the Great Barrier Reef, organized cultural activities throughout the semester, and an optional Spring Break excursion to Thailand or New Zealand (how amazing does that sound?!).

Discover Australia with TEAN as your guide - check out the TEAN website for more info!

TEAN Full Ride Scholarship

The TEAN Full Ride Scholarship is designed to give a stand-out student the opportunity to study abroad. It's an annual scholarship that can be used for any TEAN program and covers tuition, program fees and orientation (up to $15,000 value).

James

Best program ever!

I couldn't imagine going abroad with any other program. Through every step of the way, TEAN made my experience the best it could possibly be. They were so helpful with travel planning and packing advice which made me feel very prepared to go half way around the world. They gave me the opportunity to experience things that I would have never had the opportunity to do if I didn't go abroad. Thanks to TEAN, I made friends that I will have for the rest of my life. I went to Australia not knowing anyone ahead of time but thanks to TEANs orientation at the start of my semester, I was able to meet people and make life long friends. I never felt that I was completely alone and I credit that all to TEAN. They are the absolute best and I can't recommend them enough!

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
Definitely skydiving. During orientation, I was given the opportunity to skydive on my first morning in Australia and I wouldn't have thought in a million years I would get the opportunity to jump out of a plane. I always thought I would be too scared to do it but I didn't hesitate given the opportunity.
Rachel

Best Decision You Can Make

Going abroad with TEAN for the semester was one of the best decisions that I made throughout my time in college! The process was really easy and their highly communicative team works with you every step of the way. They were organized and detailed, and made me feel comfortable and confident throughout the whole application process. Upon arriving abroad, they have an orientation program that will help you get accustomed to the culture, meet new friends, and learn everything you need to know about being abroad. Throughout the semester, there are several fun events to hang out with other students and check in with people from the program if you have any concerns. It was a great way to be independent, but still have people looking out for you if you need any help. Being on the Gold Coast was incredible because of the beautiful setting, the perfect balance of city and nature, and the close proximity to an airport for any other travel. Additionally, TEAN provided so many new opportunities such as going to an AFL game, taking surfing lessons, diving on the great barrier reef, and so much more. I would recommend everyone spent time on the Gold Coast with TEAN.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
The most unfamiliar thing that I tried while abroad was kangaroo! There are a variety of new foods to give a chance while you are here and I would encourage you to take advantage of every opportunity!
Melissa

The Best Program Ever!!

My semester in Australia was truly like a dream. It was astounding to me that I was half-way around the world making new best friends and traveling to the most amazing places all while being able to receive a full semester worth of credits. Not only was the trip filled with amazing experiences, it was full of wonderful life lessons as well. Being half-way around the world really instills a sense of true independence, there’s no going home or having your mom around to help when you run into trouble. I learned to do things on my own which pushed me to enjoy doing things on my own as well. If nobody was around to head up to the beach or go to dinner, I found myself going on my own instead of sitting around doing nothing thanks to this new-found sense of independence. That being said, my time in Australia also taught me how important it is to take advantage of opportunities when they present themselves, no matter how big or small, even if they scare you. Looking back, I am so happy I didn't back out of sky-diving, scuba diving, or our hike in the Bali heat because those experiences were some of my favorite times, not only my trip, but of my whole life.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
A group of my friends and I went to the Whitsunday Islands for the weekend and decided to go skydiving. It was absolutely terrifying being in an airplane and thinking about the fact that you're about to jump out of it. When my turn came to jump, my guide grabbed my hand and out we went. It was the best experience of my entire life so I am eternally grateful for my friends convincing me to go and my guides support!
Rachel

I had an unforgettable study abroad experience at Griffith University in Gold Coast, Australia!

As it is for many, studying abroad was way out of my comfort zone. I had never been out of the country, never mind traveling to the other side of the world all by myself. Going to a place as far away as Australia was a tough decision to make but I am so grateful that I did. The program I chose allowed me to have an adventurous experience, while also knowing I had support along the way. I now feel so much more confident than I did before and the memories will definitely last forever. Griffith University had a beautiful campus and it made a perfect home away from home. The friendly atmosphere and the diverse amount of people made it a pretty quick adjustment. TEAN was always there when I had any concerns or needed help, providing much needed comfort. It was an amazing experience that I would recommend to anyone ready for an adventure!

Don't let time slip away. Be mindful and take advantage of every moment you can. This is your opportunity to take risks, try new things, and learn about yourself. Moving to a new place also means you get a chance to start fresh! Don't forget to work hard, but also enjoy this unique experience and make it your own.
Jenna

The best of the best<3

My study abroad experience couldn't have gone any better. Going throguh TEAN was the best choice i made without a doubt. w With TEAN we got so many extra things which made th4e eperience that much better. Living in the Gold Coast was also the best decsion for me, right near the beach. There is somuchto do there and so many little beach towns nearby, including Byron bay, surfer paridse and Berligh Head. Bond University was such an amazing university and a beyond beutiful campus, everyone there was really helpul. Tean helped me to meet someof my beat friends and see and eperience things i've never could've of imagned. I also got to travel outside of aussie to NZ. TEAN was the best choice to help me go aboar and I tell that to eveyone whos thinking about going. I'd love the whole experine so much I'm most definitaly going back to Aussie after I gradute.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
I went abaord alone all the way to aussie not knowing anyone. It was the scariest thing i've ever done, not knowing anyone or knowing that much about aussie and having nobody there. But i had tean and they helped me to make some of my best friends that'll have for life. Brought me out of my shell and helped me to meet so many amazing new people.
Hailey

A Life Changing Semester

Choosing to study abroad through TEAN was probably the greatest decision I have made in my life thus far. I could not have asked for a better semester. Not only did I get to live in one of the most beautiful cities (and now my favorite) in the world, but I got spend my semester with like-minded people who have become lifelong friends. TEAN is a top notch program and if it wasn't for them, I surely wouldn't have had the semester that I did. Not only did TEAN make the registration process of sorting out everything from housing, to roommates, to flights extremely easy, but they also made the actual semester unforgettable by organizing events throughout the semester to immerse us more and more into the Australian culture and provide us with some things to do that I may not have thought to do otherwise. Also, the orientation that TEAN provides is at the Great Barrier Reef! What more could you ask for!? The orientation was definitely a necessity to making my experience abroad one I will never forget because I learned a lot about the Australian culture during it and I got to meet all of the other students that I would be spending the rest of the semester with. Bond University was an incredible university that I was lucky enough to have the privilege to study at. From the beautiful campus, to the one on one help from the professors, to all of the fun social events, I would go back in a heartbeat if I could. Overall, my experience studying abroad through The Education Abroad Network in Gold Coast, Australia at Bond University has been the best semester I have had throughout college and the best 5 months of my entire life so far.

My biggest piece of advice I could give to students looking to study abroad through TEAN is to go alone. I know it sounds kind of crazy and scary, but I made some of my lifelong best friends by going without knowing anyone. There are more people than not that go through this program without any friends or people from their home university that they may know, and TEAN does the most amazing job of choosing roommates that fit together well. Not to mention you will make so many friends that are not your roommates as well. Just take the risk and put yourself out there and you will surely meet some people that will be your friends for life!
Maire

Quite possibly the best decision I've ever made.

As a whole, studying abroad was the best choice I’ve ever made. Being exposed so many different people, opinions, places, challenges, and perspectives allowed me to grow immensely as an individual. Speaking to people from countries such as Norway, South Africa, Denmark, Sweden, Spain, and (of course) Australia broadened my mental horizons about the world and challenged some prior misconceptions that I held. TEAN made this whole experience effortless as they helped with setting up phones, navigating the public transportation, arranging meet-ups for socialization, and offering suggestions about the best places to see/go in and around Gold Coast. It seems cliché to say that I met some life-long friends, but I truly believe I will stay in close contact with a group of fellow TEANers that made my experience the best that it could be.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
The most surprising thing I did was start saying yes to every new experience I could. Whether this be going to a concert I was unfamiliar with, seeing a film festival about the ocean, dancing all night, or spending time with new people, I tried to say yes to those experiences. And the times that I said yes made the best memories that I have while abroad. Embracing new challenges and opportunities was the most surprising thing I did, and I'm quite proud of myself for that.
Sydni

Huge Thank You to TEAN!

I can't thank TEAN enough for everything they did for me! They made my studying abroad experience super simple and less painful than I thought it would be. TEAN was always quick to reply to my questions or always nice when I called with concerns! When it came to actually going abroad, I always felt safe with TEAN! The staff were so sweet and you could tell that they genuinely cared. I can't explain how much I loved orientation with all the adventures, they were some of my favorite highlights of Australia! Throughout the semester, TEAN scheduled events for us or catch up coffee meet-ups which were always comforting! Leaving Australia was bittersweet, but so was saying goodbye to all the people I met through TEAN. I would recommend TEAN to anyone who wants a great time and an unforgettable experience.

Really take advantage of everything TEAN provides you with! The staff are so nice and are willing to recommend places to go or things to do! They are also there if you need anything, whether you're homesick or simply just want a great time! Also remember that this is your semester! Make the most of it and do what YOU want to do!
Kaitlin

You NEED to Study Abroad at Bond University with TEAN!

Hi everyone! My name is Kaitlin and I have semi-recently returned from studying abroad in the Gold Coast of Australia at Bond University. I loved every second of my abroad experience. From the beautiful location I was able to live in, to the awesome school, great people on the program with me and the incredible destinations I was able to travel to, every second abroad exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend choosing TEAN as your study abroad program if you are thinking of going to Bond University. The staff in both America and Australia were easily reachable and would quickly respond to any question I had about the abroad process. They provide spectacular living options for all budgets and even put on fun events throughout the semester like surfing lessons and jet-boating. I was able to travel to a country I had only ever dreamed of visiting and check so many activities and sites off my bucket list while abroad. And thanks to TEAN, I was able to make this big move stress free and ready for the adventure. I am so thankful for my outstanding abroad experience and would recommend it to everyone considering!

I have no bad things to say about TEAN. They were quick to respond to questions and made everything from getting a visa, to health insurance, to picking classes easy. They even put on a fantastic orientation before school started at the Great Barrier reef where we were able to meet the staff and other students on the program.
Kristen

The Best Four Months of My Life with The Education Abroad Network

My semester abroad would not have been as amazing as it was without the help of The Education Abroad Network, TEAN. TEAN made every aspect of my semester abroad as easy-going and as fun as possible. From the beginning, a TEAN staff member worked alongside my home university advisor in order to make my application process as painless as possible. The helped by setting reminders of the tasks I had to complete and the deadlines which they had to be done by. They also helped me book my flights by connecting me with a travel agent who set everything up for me including the flight and the baggage. TEAN started off my semester abroad with a bang with an unforgettable orientation in Cairns, in which I was able to hike a trail with an indigenous tribe, sky dive and dive in the Great Barrier Reef. All of these experiences were unforgettable and have made for great stories. After the orientation concluded, TEAN helped provide accommodations to where we would be staying for our semester abroad and helped us to get settled by giving us tours of our city and answering any questions we may have. Throughout the semester our host country advisors were available to answer any questions of provide any support we may have needed. they were there to provide recommendations of restaurants or fun things to do, ways to get involved at our universities or in our cities or to just be someone to talk to. They hosted events throughout the semester such as milkshakes at Cowch, a local ice cream place or doing the famous Q1 climb in Surfers Paradise and lastly our very fun but sad farewell dinner. Throughout the entire application process and four months abroad, TEAN provided the absolute best service and was an absolute pleasure. I am sure my experience abroad would not have been as amazing as if was if it wasn't for TEAN and their amazing staff.

Claire

The best decision

Choosing TEAN Gold Coast was the best decision I could have made! The staff was amazing and so helpful. Orientation in Cairns was so much fun and I was able to scuba dive for the first time, on the Great Barrier Reef. For the better part of the semester, I lived in an 18th floor apartment just a block from the beach. Every morning I woke up and couldn't believe my eyes. I even rented a surfboard from Stuart's for the semester, though by end May, it was a bit too cold without a wetsuit. My business classes at Griffith University were challenging, but a flexible schedule allowed me plenty of time to travel. I also went on TEAN's Thailand excursion over mid-semester break. Krabi and the Islands of Thailand, were my absolutely favorite places of all. The trip was jam-packed with activities, from cooking lessons at a Thai cooking school, to bathing elephants at a Chiang Mai elephant sanctuary. The trip was worth every penny. I did end up with a stomach bug on the return home, and ended up in a Sydney hospital for a few days. TEAN staff were my guardian angels during my hospital stay, and made sure to check on me and update my mom. Overall, I was touched by TEAN's care for their students and still dream of moving back to the Gold Coast of Australia someday.

Bailey

An absolute dream!

Going to Australia to study abroad was the best choice i could have ever made for myself. the school is beautiful, and the gold coast is absolutely breathtaking. Not only that, but TEAN's program is amazing. I am so happy that i decided to go through them. They were there for all of their students every step of the way. Even through the application process, they answered all of my e-mails right away, and even made sure that I was comfortable and knew that I was not alone throughout the process. Once you get there they stick by your side. They are there to talk you through any problems you may be facing. For example, if you get homesick they will be there to talk through it and comfort you. They give you amazing experiences you might not originally get without them, such as going to the great barrier reef and going to cairnes. Overall, it was the best experience of my life!

I just wish it would've lasted longer! other than that i have no complaints!
Bailey

TEANS program: an absolute dream come true

I Don't think there is really anything i would change, it was a very pleasant experience.
Leah

An experience that makes everyday feel like a dream: Gold Coast through TEAN

TEAN made sure we were never alone throughout the whole process from choosing a program to landing back home after the program was over. As soon as we got off the plane in Australia, we were greeted by several TEAN staff that made somewhere so far away feel like home. Every week, they would update us on events going on in the community that I would've never been able to take part in without them. Having a resource just a phone call or 5 min walk away was something that made my abroad experience exponentially better.

My living arrangements were the nicest living arrangements I will ever get in my whole life. For the four months, I lived on the 22nd floor of the 5-star hotel Peppers Broadbeach. I highly suggest you look up pictures because you surely won't be disappointed. We were a minute walk from the beach, the bus stop that could bring us across Gold Coast, a large mall with a grocery store, and countless opportunities for adventure. The location and the actual housing itself felt like a dream. I have heard nightmares of people's living arrangements while they're abroad but the only nightmare I experienced was leaving mine!

The Australian culture is extremely welcoming which made it easier to integrate into the local culture. Utilizing the advice from TEAN to join an on-campus club was one of the best pieces of advice I got throughout my experience. By interacting each week with students at the university outside of the classroom, I was able to form connections with these students that allowed me to immerse myself fully into the culture. They invited me to family outings and friend activities that allowed me to create my own family within their culture.

If I could do this a million times over, I would still choose the same program. TEAN made each individual student that came through the program feel as if they were part of a bigger family. I always felt as if I had someone to go to and rely on for anything from travel advice to a hug when I was missing home.

I just really wish I could've stayed forever! Thank you to TEAN for truly making this the best 4 months of my life.
Hannah

Best Semester of My Life on the Goldie

Studying abroad is a once in a lifetime chance-unless you’re lucky enough to be able to do it multiple semesters in college-and TEAN is the program to go through!! I studied abroad in Gold Coast, Australia at Bond University and would do it again if I could. I was living my best life every day on the Goldie! Thanks to TEAN for some amazing events with great photo opportunities like snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef to the Q1 Skypoint Climb above all of the Gold Coast coastline my Instagram game was continuously on point! I’m so thankful for the support from the staff once I was in Australia they really helped it become my home away from home. TEAN is a study abroad program that offers the maximum help every step of the way and is worth every penny you have to pay for the program!!

About The Education Abroad Network

The Education Abroad Network (TEAN) is a full-service international education provider specializing in immersive study and internship programs throughout Asia Pacific. Creating close partnerships the best universities in Australia, New Zealand and...