The Education Abroad Network (TEAN): Study in Gold Coast, Australia

The Education Abroad Network (TEAN): Study in Gold Coast, Australia

TEAN Full Ride Scholarship 2018
The TEAN Full Ride Scholarship is designed to give a stand-out student the opportunity to study abroad. The scholarship can be used for any Summer or Fall 2018 TEAN program and covers tuition, program fees, orientation and housing (up to $26,000 value).

TEAN has partnered with Griffith University and Bond University to offer students a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to live and study abroad in Australia. Students can look forward to enjoying beautiful beaches, learning to surf, sunny weather, plenty of fresh seafood and authentic Australian hospitality. Participants also enjoy a wide array of courses (both universities offer comprehensive academic programs with Business Schools that are AACSB accredited) and amazing housing options, like premier housing right on the beach!

Included in the program is a 5-day Orientation Excursion in Cairns where students visit the Great Barrier Reef, organized cultural activities throughout the semester, and an optional Spring Break excursion to Thailand or New Zealand (how amazing does that sound?!).

Discover Australia with TEAN as your guide - check out the TEAN website for more info!

Oceania » Australia » Gold Coast
Oceania » Australia
Statement of Purpose

Nick
University of New Hampshire
Griffith University

Best four months of my life!

Going abroad was easily the best decision I have made in my life. Deciding on a program was tough but once I discovered TEAN through my university, the rest of the process was simple. One of the main reasons I decided to choose Griffith University in the Gold Coast was because of its unique campus look and also the variety of courses it offers. While I was living in Gold Coast, I was able to visit many of its scenic hikes and close by beaches including Coolangatta and Byron Bay. My biggest tip to students interested in studying abroad would be to go with your gut and do what you want to do. There were many times that I hesitated on doing something because no one else was doing it, but being abroad is a time for you to be independent and search for things you are interested in. I was fortunate enough to also take the community internship course that Griffith University offers which easily set me up with an organization suited to my field of study. Having an internship abroad was an opportunity that many students do not get to experience, so if you have the chance to do it, go for it! I would also advise students to start budgeting their money as soon as they arrive in their host city. I thought it was going to be easy but after booking trips and spending money on food and drinks, I realized that budgeting was going to become my main priority in order to have enough money for the rest of my time abroad. If you do have time, I would suggest traveling to Thailand and the south island of New Zealand. I was able to visit both of those places and cannot wait to go back to them. The experience I had and the people I met along my journey will never be forgotten and I really hope that other students get to enjoy the same experience as I did.

I do not think TEAN needs to improve anything. From the process of applying to my departure to Gold Coast, everything ran smoothly and the staff at TEAN was extremely helpful.

Gabriella
NYC
University of Hartford

Incredible Experience!

The Education Abroad Network is a great program to work with when considering study abroad options! The moment I applied for the Australian program TEAN had someone in constant contact with me to help plan out every detail and requirement needed for me to leave to Australia and return home safely. They also provided an amazing weeklong orientation in Cairns that really helped me adjust from being so far away from home. In addition, they provided awesome housing in a beautiful location, helped me plan classes to ensure I wouldn’t be behind when I returned home, planned additional trips such as a week long trip to Melbourne, and always had someone available for us to be in contact with for any questions or issues. TEAN really helped make my experience abroad an incredible one and if I could I would do it all over again!

Jenna
California
California Lutheran University

An Eye Opening Experience

Studying abroad was something I always had my mind set on. I can positively say that I was not disappointed. From preparing for my departure to getting settled in Australia, the TEAN staff were very welcoming and helpful. I adjusted very quickly to a new country and experienced the best four months of my life.

TEAN really helped me to get a feel of what the true Australia was like. They organized our program to attend rugby games, surf, visit iconic areas, and more. On top of that, Australians are very friendly, and building friendships with them only made the transition to this new lifestyle smoother.

Australia is a very adventurous country. There is so much to do from hiking to surfing or just lounging at their gorgeous beaches. You will never get bored since there is always somewhere new to explore. I was very lucky to get the chance to go abroad and I made the right decision to choose the Gold Coast.

Madeline
NY
Bond University

The Best Decision I Ever Made

I had never traveled before my semester abroad in Australia, 10,000 miles away from home. The TEAN staff not only prepped me and kept in touch the entire time I was going through the application process but once I was admitted and organizing everything as well. They have a step by step process to ease the stress on the student that works wonders. After getting to my location the TEAN staff on the ground was amazingly fun and helpful. We had a lot of freedom, but there was also structure and support if we needed it. I cannot believe how lucky I was to have chosen easily the best program for study abroad in Australia. I made a lot of American friends at my university who were in different programs and they were all envious of all the things TEAN provided us with such as the week long orientation full of once in a lifetime activities. I would not change a thing about my experience through TEAN.

Erika
Lexington, KY

Golden Life in the Golden City

From the moment I touched down in my destination city, this program was everything I could've dreamed of. TEAN staff made sure everything was taken care of, whether it was rides to the airport or making sure we knew where the grocery store was. I may be a little biased, but I think the Gold Coast is one of the friendliest cities in Australia. The beaches are something from a travel blog, there's always something exciting going on, with mountains and a rainforest and beaches all within an hour's drive, you really couldn't ask for more. TEAN helps to make sure you're taking full advantage of it all as well- within the first two months, they'd already set us up with a surf lesson (turns out I wasn't born a pro surfer, but it was still a blast), taken us to scuba dive on the great barrier reef, visited a wildlife sanctuary to pet kangaroos, and taken us to a rugby game to learn about the local sports. I can honestly say the time I spent on the Gold Coast was truly golden, and I would do it all over in a heartbeat.

Gregory
Gold Coast
Bond University

Just Do It

Considering studying abroad? My advice is to just do it. Forget about the doubts and how much it costs; do what you can to make it work. Why? Because it will be the time of your life. Studying abroad through TEAN provides you with so many experiences in the country you will call home for the next four months. I've never met anyone who says they regret studying abroad. As matter of fact, I've only heard positive things. Being a TEAN alumni now after my time in Australia, I can honestly tell you that it's an unforgettable experience. You will love every second of it. You will see beautiful places, meet wonderful people, and become knowledgable of a whole new world. Not only do you learn so much about Australia, but you discover so much about yourself.

TEAN does a great job supporting its program participants. No complaints.

Tara
Ossining, NY

The Best Four Mouths of MY LIFE

There's nothing like the Gold Coast especially when you go through TEAN. My time in Australia was an adventure of a lifetime. I began my trip where my orientation was, which was Sydney. When I found that out I was so excited. If there's one place to go in Australia, it has to be Sydney. During my time there, we toured the Opera House, got to walk through the beautiful Botanical Gardens, hike the famous Sydney Habour Bridge, and ate at the most delicious restaurants in the city. From there I headed to my home for the next four months, the Gold Coast. The Gold Coast is a buzzing city, home to Surfer's Paradise. There is an endless amount to do here. From learning how to surf, to exploring the inlands, to shopping at the best boutiques and markets in the country, to swimming the most amazing beaches, to cuddling with koalas and kangaroos, to many many more adventures of a lifetime and I had the opportunity to have lived in the center of all of this through TEAN's beach housing. Living here was basically a dream come true. I was only a 20 minute bus ride away from my school, Bond University, and also Burleigh, which ended up being one of the my beautiful places I've ever been to! Picking The Education Abroad Network as my program to study abroad through was one of the best decisions I've ever made in life, and I would do it all over again in a heart beat !

Justin
Mendon, Massachusetts

Nothing comes close to the... Gold Coast?

Bond University is an amazing school that seems to be primarily known for business, but it offers so much more. Not only does it offer a whole host of different degree programs, but Bond also offers a great network for its students in regards to academic support, extracurricular activities, internship opportunities, and many other aspects that make it such a fantastic school. The courses were challenging, but the professors were more than competent and really showed genuine interest in making sure that their students succeeded.

I wanted to have as much money to travel as possible, so I spent as little as I could on food while studying abroad in Australia. Most mornings I would eat oatmeal, most lunches I would eat PB&J's or leftovers, and for dinner I would often eat rice, chicken, and vegetables. Of course I switched it up often and tried cooking new things, but I found this to be a relatively healthy and cost-effective way to eat without spending too much time or money grocery shopping.

I learned a great deal about the subjects that I took courses in and Australia as a whole from my experiences abroad, but most importantly I began to learn more about myself. Away from my parents for an extended period of time, I made decisions independently of anyone else, and the decisions that I made helped me to figure out who I am as a person. The incredible beauty of Australia and all of the memories that I made there made this trip absolutely worthwhile, and something that I will always cherish and look back happily at.

Honestly, this program was an absolute home run from the day that Kate came to our campus to introduce herself to all of the students wishing to study abroad in Gold Coast. They made things very easy for students and parents, and have the timing of everything that needs to be done before departure down pat. I would not recommend a program provider other than TEAN to anyone wishing to study abroad.

Maria
Norwalk, CT
University of Tampa

The Greatest Trip Ever Made..

Everyday I become more upset that I didn't extend my trip. My time with TEAN in Australia were the greatest 16 weeks of my life. The program was always there whenever I had questions about school, a trip, or anything else for that matter. One of the best parts of the program was the Australian orientation. We were able to spend a week full of culture, food, and walking in Sydney with an actual Australian tour guide. We got acclimated with our surroundings and our new friends.

Another great plus of TEAN is that they offer a post trip (I think to ease you back into real life) to Fiji. Let me tell you, it was the most relaxing week of my life. 12/10 would recommend.

The only way it could be improved was if the program had smaller amount of people. Of course, that would shrink the amount of people that could have the awesome experience.

Jane
Milford, MA

The Experience of a Lifetime

Whether you're traveling to Australia to explore the Great Barrier Reef, learn how to surf, hug a koala, or any of the other amazing experiences that Australia has to offer, the Gold Coast is one of the most gorgeous places to live. A quick flight away from Cairns, Melbourne, and Sydney, you will have no problem traveling to some of your most dreamed of destinations. The Gold Coast is home to Surfer's Paradise, a modern shopping area and beach town by day, and a clubbing scene at night. A quick bus ride from Bond University will bring you here, unless you live off campus in Broadbeach, which will put you at walking distance to Surfer's Paradise. You can also take a short bus ride from both Bond and Broadbeach to Burleigh, which has a breathtaking beach along with a hiking area that offers some of the most beautiful views I have ever seen (Burleigh Heads Lookout). Another amazing and gorgeous place to check out is Coolangatta, which is about a 45 minute bus ride from Broadbeach, but totally worth it. Whatever you are looking for on your adventure to Australia, you will be sure to find it in the Gold Coast!

Gabriella
North Caldwell, New Jersey

A Semester of Bliss

Choosing to fly to the opposite side of the world and into a different hemisphere is a decision that takes a lot of trust. That trust was something I had achieved right away for The Education Abroad Network, also known as TEAN. TEAN is an affiliated program that works closely with my home University which gave me the experience to fly out to the Gold Coast. After the paper work and acceptance into the program some assume that TEAN would not be as present in the abroad experience. However, that is quite the opposite! TEAN sets up excursions, orientations, adventures, cruise dinners and local meet ups all the time. As an abroad network they truly take the time to make sure their students are put first and are in the best hands. They provide their students with endless resources and ideas to further engage in an incredible experience.

Living on the beach for four months was quite literally a dream and one I would replay over and over again. Thanks to TEAN I was able to travel abroad and grow as a person!

Shayna
Barnegat, NJ
Moravian College

I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Before I actually decided to study abroad in Australia, I was doing research on the different companies and kept stumbling upon The Education Abroad Network. One day I simply decided to just start applying on their website and see where it went from there. Only a few short days after starting the application, I received a phone call from someone at TEAN to discuss my options and any questions I had. And from that moment on, I decided I was definitely studying abroad through them. Looking back, there is no other company I would have rather gone abroad to Australia with. The Education Abroad Network did everything they possibly could to make sure things ran smoothly, and were there every step of the way.

I knew going to Australia was out of my comfort zone, but TEAN did everything to make me feel comfortable. Our initial orientation week in Sydney was the perfect opener to the country. We were given tours of the city, went to all the touristy areas, and even went to go see our first kangaroos. And our final night together before we continued to the Gold Coast was complete by a sunset dinner cruise in the harbor, acting as the perfect finishing touch to a great week. From there I felt ready to explore the rest of Australia, especially knowing people from TEAN were there in case I had any questions or just wanted to chat. Once I got to the Gold Coast and Bond University, I felt at home. It was the perfect location for me. Only 20 minutes from the beach, what could be better. It was the absolute best experience of my life, life-changing, and if I could do it all over again I would do it the exact same way. If you are considering study abroad, do it, no questions asked.

Megan
Newtown Square, PA
College of Charleston

Best Decision I Ever Made!

The best decision I ever made was to study abroad in Australia (Gold Coast) with The Education Abroad Network. First of all, Australia is amazing because of the great weather, beaches, and adventure activities. You will never be bored and TEAN sets up great activities for students to further ensure that. TEAN arranged an awesome week-long orientation in Sydney before classes started where we got to go on a tour of the city, climb the Sydney Tower, visit a zoo, and we even got to go jet boating! Throughout the semester TEAN arranged for us to attend a Rugby game and a trip to a wildlife sanctuary where we could hold koalas. The TEAN staff is very good about making themselves available to students if one were to have any questions or concerns about housing, school, or things to do when abroad. The abroad office at Bond Uni was also a great resource to students. The campus is beautiful and TEAN offers great housing options for those that want to live on or off campus.

Jaelyn
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Augsburg College

Aussie Lifestyle

Aussie was the best trip ever! I am 100% sure everyone who went on this trip has come back home saying this. When do you every get to see Kangaroos around like deer are back home? When do you get to hold a koala bear? Once you get to Aussie the traveling is so cheap! The culture lifestyle is the best ever. You never feel rushed, I swear you just really get the time to enjoy nature and what it all has to offer.

My favorite experience that I had abroad was for sure traveling the Whitsundays. I was able to spend a whole weekend on the boat with people from all over. I also got to snorkel and dive all around the Great Barrier Reef which is life changing in itself. The water is so blue! The pictures that I took did not even do it justice as everyone deserves to see it with their own eyes. I am not kidding when I say you look above the water and it looks like it should be in a movie then when you look in the water it is like Finding Nemo right under you. It gives me goose bumps evening thinking about the trip. If I could go back and relive one trip it would for sure be that!

Aussie not only was a great education experience but something much more. I am able to bring those ways back to America and still keep the Aussie vibes around me. I know someone day very soon I would love to go back.

Cheers!

Taylor
Durham, New Hampshire
University of New Hampshire

The best four months of my life!

Australia is hands down the best place I've ever been. I'll never forget waking up to sunshine everyday and always being happy. One of my favorite places to sit and think was my balcony. I got to look out over the lake and just sit and take in everything I was experiencing. There was never a dull moment. One weekend I went to Moreton Island, which was amazing. I kayaked in the ocean at night where I was able to see sea turtles swimming underneath me because the kayaks were transparent. There was also a dolphin like seven feet away from us! I went sand tobogganing, where I got a face full of sand, but hey it was well worth it. The sand in the face or the giant hill I had to walk up didn't stop me from going down the mountain one more time.
Going abroad was easily the best decision I've ever made and especially the program I went with. They were always there if we needed them and genuinely cared about making our experience the greatest possible. I can't wait until I can go back and explore the country for more than a semester.
I encourage everyone to go down under for a semester, you'll never be the same!!

I honestly wouldn't change a thing. This program made my experience awesome.

Caitlin
Kansas City, MO
John Carroll University

Study Abroad at Bond University

I loved my study abroad experience and took part in the optional pre-orientation trip to Fiji and would highly recommend it to everyone! It was such an amazing experience and a great opportunity to meet everyone in the group before school started. We stayed a Botara resort, the only one on the island, and we were all sans phones, computers, and watches for a week. All these factors and the crossing the international timeline meant that by the end of the week not a single person knew what day of the week it was! It was a surreal feeling to have no clue what day it was. The Gold Coast was a great central location from which to discover and explore the Eastern Coast of Australia.

The only thing I would change is the housing. The landlord never seemed very happy that we were there and at times was rude. Other than that it is hard to think of anything else to change.

Hadleigh
Feeding Hills, Massachusetts
Griffith University

The Experience of a Lifetime

Overall my experience with TEAN was nothing short of amazing. I lived on the beach in a hotel with people who I now call my best friends. We took full advantage of our time in the Gold Coast and planned activities to do every day or participated in events provided for us by TEAN. My favorite excursion planned by TEAN was our orientation in Sydney. We had things to do planned for us every day to explore the city and we were given knowledge on how to adapt to Australian culture. This orientation gave us the opportunity to make close friends with people studying all around Australia, and numerous close friendships were established during this week.

Honestly, nothing.

Sean
Lowell, Massachusetts
University of Massachusetts- Lowell

Study Abroad, Do it

Where to even begin? This was hands down the best 4 months of my life, best experience of my life. Basically just the best time of my life was from August 28th to December 20th of 2015. Everyday was something new, whether it was traveling somewhere, meeting someone, or even just trying a new food. Every day was a new experience and I loved that. I traveled all around this beautiful country and got to see some of the natural beauty this world has to offer. One of my favorite places was definitely Cairns. Cairns is really just a small town with a really beach vibe to it, so whats not to love. The thing that attracts people to Cairns though is that it is right on the great barrier reef. I got to go scuba diving on the great barrier reef which I think was my favorite thing I did while abroad. I had never been scuba diving before this, and going scuba diving on the great barrier reef for your first time is pretty unreal if you ask me. I cannot explain the feeling of exploring virtually a new world, it was absolutely incredible. The next day, I went skydiving, I jumped out of an airplane from 14 thousand feet in Australia!! I did all of this in one weekend by the way, these things I did over that weekend are things that some people go their whole lives without doing, and that was pretty much an average weekend for me there. So don't miss out, if you have the opportunity to study abroad, take advantage of that opportunity %100.

Cannot think of one thing to make this program any better than it already was. Maybe if it was free

Adam
Fremont, California
Drew University

Life Changing Experience!

Some of my favorite memories from my time abroad were the morning sunrises that we had in every city that we went to. As we traveled across Australia, through New Zealand, and Fiji, we made sure that we watched a sunrise in every place. We forced ourselves to stay up all night long to see the sunrise but they were all filled with great times, company, and plenty of laughs along the way. They were great adventures that I will remember for the rest of my life.
Another memory I have is skydiving for the first time with a group from the program. We were all incredibly nervous before take-off but I remember once we saw the views of Cairns we forgot that we were about to jump. Naturally we all freaked out after the first person jumped however but once we all landed on the ground it was such a rush that we will never forget, and it was something we were glad to experience together.

No way could this program be improved!

Kelsey
Boston, USA
Bryant University

So much more than I imagined

I would give anything for the opportunity to relive my abroad experiences. The people I met, the food I tried, the places I've seen, and the friends I've made were some of the best parts of living overseas. When I look back to everything I did, I have no idea how I did it all. From skydiving 14,000 feet high over the Gold Coast of Australia, to being hugged by the trunk of an elephant in the villages of Bali, to swimming side by side with an actual sea turtle along the Great Barrier Reef, the amount of things I have crossed off my bucket list is amazing. TEAN provides the ability for you to explore yourself and the world while remaining a student. One of the favorite days was when me and my friends took a boat from the harbor of Whitsundays out to Whitehaven beach (the 8th best beach in the world for it's 98% silica sand). We were all in such awe from what was right before us that we jumped in the water taking pictures and splashing each other like we were 10 years old again, haha.

I had so much fun abroad that it's hard to think of anything negative... If there was anything I struggled with it was definitely managing my own money. It would be nice if in the beginning there was some type of outline of how much students at your abroad university spent in the past on different daily expenses. That way they could include expenses on night life, shopping, and travel rather than just food and transportation.

Connor
colchester, CT

Best Days of My Life

When I think of my time abroad there are tons of stories that immediately come flooding to my mind. From the beautiful places I've seen, the adventures stuff I've done, and the interesting people I met during my travels I could talk for days about how much I loved Australia. One of the more unique stories I have is that I went to an amusement park called Dream World, where I got to pet a full grown 800 pound tiger. I also learned about ongoing breeding efforts to help this endangered species out.

I wish they gave us more budgeting tips or potentially set us up with part time jobs in the area.

Michaela
Bedford, New York

Best Semester of my LIFE!

Most incredible experience of my life. I went into this abroad program not knowing a single soul jumping into a completely unknown experience and that's one of my favorite parts of my journey. At first, it was a little scary going up to a group of people at LAX airport that somewhat looked like they could be going abroad. But once, that first conversation was over, everything else was smooth sail and pure excitement. Met so many incredible, like-minded, adventurous people who were just as excited about their abroad time as me. Gained so much confidence in myself and my abilities to be independent. It feels like I came back to the states with a new pair of eyes! I see everything differently now, gaining perspectives I never imagined. One of my favorite stories to tell is the very first day of being abroad. I was absolutely exhausted after coming off of a 15 hour flight and we had orientation all day, still didn't know anyone. It was one of the craziest, most exciting days of my life. I was so high on excitement though that the exhaustion didn't even matter to me. Even though this first day was crazy, it was so special, because it was the beginning to an experience that changed my life forever. I remember that day more than most of the days. Overall, TEAN was incredible, they were extremely helpful throughout the entire semester, and orientation/excursions were some of my favorite memories of all time. If I could do it all over again I would.

Although my housing was luxurious and beautiful, I wish I was housed with Australians as well. I think I would have made some closer relationships with locals if that was the case.

Aleks
Bethlehem, PA
Lehigh University

Highlight of My Life

My time abroad at Bond Uni is still something I think about everyday. It was a life changing experience that I'm constantly wishing I could relive! Having the chance to travel to Sydney, Melbourne, Byron Bay, the Whitsunday Islands, and even Bali was surreal and a huge growing experience. I was nervous about going so far from home, but TEAN made the whole process run smoothly by helping me get my visa, register for classes, picking up and dropping off at the airport, and arranging housing. All the stress of traveling abroad was taken away because of TEAN. The whole staff was extremely helpful. I chose Bond because of the great location and the fact that they follow the same academic calendar as the U.S. I cannot say one negative thing about my semester abroad and would 100% recommend this program!

I really cannot think of anything that TEAN could improve. They are constantly changing and adjusting their program to improve any problems from the previous year. Maybe one idea would be to organize more trips throughout the semester besides the trip to Fiji that is offered at the end, but most students liked to organize their own trips during times that worked for them.

Kendra
Smithfield, RI

The Experience of a Lifetime

Studying abroad in Australia was one of the most terrifying decisions I ever made. I had never traveled outside of the country and I felt uneasy about being so far away from home for five months. TEAN held my hand every step of the way, from my application process to the second I stepped on the plane. Contact with TEAN was easily accessible and there was a constantly established line of communication so I never felt lost throughout the process. Once in Australia, I went to the Sydney orientation which was a great experience that helped me quickly become acclimated to my new surroundings. From then on, TEAN was always offering opportunities to indulge in the Aussie culture and to connect with TEAN staff on coffee breaks. TEAN also offers excursions for great prices; I went to Cairns and Thailand and had the time of my life. If you're looking for a program that is organized and effective at communicating, TEAN is the program for you.
As for the actual studying abroad portion, I made the decision terrified and left with a desire to travel the world as much as possible. I experienced a transformation in personal growth and came back a more confident individual. I fell in love with Australia, my second home, and I cannot wait to go back!

Mike
Greater Boston Area, MA
Manhattan College

Best 4 Months of My Life- Bond University

People tell you that going abroad was the best decision that they have ever made. Going abroad WAS the best decision I have ever made. Every single day for four months, was the next best day of my life. The locals are incredibly friendly, and eagerly welcome you into your new home, The lifestyle is amazing, and the university will absolutely blow your mind away. You will never want to leave.

Maddy
Burlington, Vermont
Champlain College

Already want to go back!

One of my favorite days during my time abroad was when I explored the Gold Coast for the first time. I hopped on the city bus (public transportation is SO easy and convenient) and rode down to Currumbin beach. I spent the day talking to local Aussies in different beachside stores and cafes, laid on the beach and watched local surfers, and then I stopped at Burleigh Heads on the way home. I hiked up to the top of a cliff and watched the sunset over the Gold Coast skyline. This was such a simple day, yet so memorable. And the thing is, this ended up being a daily occurrence during my time abroad. I went to classes, I went downtown, I hung out by the pool at my apartment building, I socialized with new people, but everything about being abroad in the Gold Coast was simple and easy.

TEAN was absolutely wonderful throughout the entire process, from beginning to end, and made me feel excited and comfortable to be going on this amazing journey. Everyone in Australia is extremely laid back and it really opened my eyes about American culture and how rushed and fast-paced we always are. The cultural immersion I experienced while living in the Gold Coast was priceless and I cannot wait to go back someday.

Almost everything about this program was fantastic. TEAN was extremely helpful in the application process, booking group flights, providing contacts over in Australia, and setting up cultural events. The only thing that I had difficulty with was registering for classes at Bond. It was a bit confusing and while TEAN did a great job of helping me along the way, the overall registration process could be improved.

Jordan
Ft. Thomas, Kentucky
University of Dayton

The Best Four Months Abroad

I could ramble on for pages and pages about all the amazing experiences I had while abroad! One of my favorite stories is meeting my Australian friend Scott. We shared all of our classes together and he told me all the fun and cool things I should be doing while in the Gold Coast. He really gave me a better idea of their culture and knew what things I should do beyond what most tourists are looking for. We still talk sometimes and I'm so thankful to have met him!

Jordan
Rochester, NY
University of Rhode Island

The. Best. Semester. With. The. Best. Program. (TEAN!)

The Education Abroad Network did nothing short of making my time abroad the best it could possibly be. Within my time there they offered trips to Sydney, Cairns, Melbourne, Thailand, and New Zealand while I had the opportunity of living in the Gold Coast. They made it possible and easy to visit the places you wanted to see in your new country as well as help you get to know the new town we lived in. The housing they provided had easy access to the beach, transportation to nearby towns and uni, grocery stores, restaurants and bars, and anything else you could need! I learned so much about myself from studying abroad, it gave me chances to become independent and push my comfort zone to new levels. TEAN easily helped me accomplish all my goals of living in a new country and I would go back in a heartbeat. I highly recommend it to any student looking to study abroad!

Ryan
Wayne, PA
Christopher Newport University

TEAN is the way to travel and learn!

Australia has always been on my bucket list since I first saw the movie Crocodile Dundee and it did not disappoint. When I arrived in Syndey on the orientation I fell in love with Australia. Greeted by the amazing and friendly staff of TEAN made it that much better. While we were in Sydney the TEAN staff created a treasure hunt all over the city of Sydney. After that one day, I knew Sydney like the back of my hand! Over the course of the semester, I got to experience so many places with such great people. I went to the Whitsunday Islands, a couple of beautiful rainforests, ST. Douglas and Bali. It is an experience I think that everyone should have a taste of if they can! If you want to study abroad explore traveling with TEAN!

TEAN is awesome!

Whitney
Rochester, NY
Stonehill College

The best four months of my life!

When I arrived to the Gold Coast, I could not believe that the beach was my front yard. Getting around the city is very easy due to the newly constructed light rail. It was especially helpful that the last stop was Griffith University, where I was going to be studying for the semester. The people on the Gold Coast are so friendly and will not hesitate to help you out if you need directions or just want to chat! During my time in Australia, I traveled to Sydney, Cairns, Byron Bay, the Whitsundays, Thailand and Singapore. It is an experience I think that everyone should have a taste of if they can! I can honestly say it is life changing and has changed my outlook on what I want to do with my life.

TEAN was great!

The Education Abroad Network (TEAN) is a full-service international education provider specializing in immersive study and internship programs throughout Asia Pacific. Creating close partnerships the best universities in Australia, New Zealand and across Asia over the past two decades has allowed TEAN to become experts