TEAN: Study Abroad in Gold Coast, Australia

TEAN Full Ride Scholarship

The TEAN Full Ride Scholarship is designed to give a stand-out student the opportunity to study abroad. It's an annual scholarship that can be used for any TEAN program and covers tuition, program fees and orientation (up to $15,000 value).

TEAN has partnered with Griffith University and Bond University to offer students a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to live and study abroad in Australia. Students can look forward to enjoying beautiful beaches, learning to surf, sunny weather, plenty of fresh seafood and authentic Australian hospitality. Participants also enjoy a wide array of courses (both universities offer comprehensive academic programs with Business Schools that are AACSB accredited) and amazing housing options, like premier housing right on the beach!

Included in the program is a 5-day Orientation Excursion in Cairns where students visit the Great Barrier Reef, organized cultural activities throughout the semester, and an optional Spring Break excursion to Thailand or New Zealand (how amazing does that sound?!).

Discover Australia with TEAN as your guide - check out the TEAN website for more info!

Kristen

The Best Four Months of My Life with The Education Abroad Network

My semester abroad would not have been as amazing as it was without the help of The Education Abroad Network, TEAN. TEAN made every aspect of my semester abroad as easy-going and as fun as possible. From the beginning, a TEAN staff member worked alongside my home university advisor in order to make my application process as painless as possible. The helped by setting reminders of the tasks I had to complete and the deadlines which they had to be done by. They also helped me book my flights by connecting me with a travel agent who set everything up for me including the flight and the baggage. TEAN started off my semester abroad with a bang with an unforgettable orientation in Cairns, in which I was able to hike a trail with an indigenous tribe, sky dive and dive in the Great Barrier Reef. All of these experiences were unforgettable and have made for great stories. After the orientation concluded, TEAN helped provide accommodations to where we would be staying for our semester abroad and helped us to get settled by giving us tours of our city and answering any questions we may have. Throughout the semester our host country advisors were available to answer any questions of provide any support we may have needed. they were there to provide recommendations of restaurants or fun things to do, ways to get involved at our universities or in our cities or to just be someone to talk to. They hosted events throughout the semester such as milkshakes at Cowch, a local ice cream place or doing the famous Q1 climb in Surfers Paradise and lastly our very fun but sad farewell dinner. Throughout the entire application process and four months abroad, TEAN provided the absolute best service and was an absolute pleasure. I am sure my experience abroad would not have been as amazing as if was if it wasn't for TEAN and their amazing staff.

Claire

The best decision

Choosing TEAN Gold Coast was the best decision I could have made! The staff was amazing and so helpful. Orientation in Cairns was so much fun and I was able to scuba dive for the first time, on the Great Barrier Reef. For the better part of the semester, I lived in an 18th floor apartment just a block from the beach. Every morning I woke up and couldn't believe my eyes. I even rented a surfboard from Stuart's for the semester, though by end May, it was a bit too cold without a wetsuit. My business classes at Griffith University were challenging, but a flexible schedule allowed me plenty of time to travel. I also went on TEAN's Thailand excursion over mid-semester break. Krabi and the Islands of Thailand, were my absolutely favorite places of all. The trip was jam-packed with activities, from cooking lessons at a Thai cooking school, to bathing elephants at a Chiang Mai elephant sanctuary. The trip was worth every penny. I did end up with a stomach bug on the return home, and ended up in a Sydney hospital for a few days. TEAN staff were my guardian angels during my hospital stay, and made sure to check on me and update my mom. Overall, I was touched by TEAN's care for their students and still dream of moving back to the Gold Coast of Australia someday.

Bailey

An absolute dream!

Going to Australia to study abroad was the best choice i could have ever made for myself. the school is beautiful, and the gold coast is absolutely breathtaking. Not only that, but TEAN's program is amazing. I am so happy that i decided to go through them. They were there for all of their students every step of the way. Even through the application process, they answered all of my e-mails right away, and even made sure that I was comfortable and knew that I was not alone throughout the process. Once you get there they stick by your side. They are there to talk you through any problems you may be facing. For example, if you get homesick they will be there to talk through it and comfort you. They give you amazing experiences you might not originally get without them, such as going to the great barrier reef and going to cairnes. Overall, it was the best experience of my life!

I just wish it would've lasted longer! other than that i have no complaints!
Bailey

TEANS program: an absolute dream come true

I Don't think there is really anything i would change, it was a very pleasant experience.
Leah

An experience that makes everyday feel like a dream: Gold Coast through TEAN

TEAN made sure we were never alone throughout the whole process from choosing a program to landing back home after the program was over. As soon as we got off the plane in Australia, we were greeted by several TEAN staff that made somewhere so far away feel like home. Every week, they would update us on events going on in the community that I would've never been able to take part in without them. Having a resource just a phone call or 5 min walk away was something that made my abroad experience exponentially better.

My living arrangements were the nicest living arrangements I will ever get in my whole life. For the four months, I lived on the 22nd floor of the 5-star hotel Peppers Broadbeach. I highly suggest you look up pictures because you surely won't be disappointed. We were a minute walk from the beach, the bus stop that could bring us across Gold Coast, a large mall with a grocery store, and countless opportunities for adventure. The location and the actual housing itself felt like a dream. I have heard nightmares of people's living arrangements while they're abroad but the only nightmare I experienced was leaving mine!

The Australian culture is extremely welcoming which made it easier to integrate into the local culture. Utilizing the advice from TEAN to join an on-campus club was one of the best pieces of advice I got throughout my experience. By interacting each week with students at the university outside of the classroom, I was able to form connections with these students that allowed me to immerse myself fully into the culture. They invited me to family outings and friend activities that allowed me to create my own family within their culture.

If I could do this a million times over, I would still choose the same program. TEAN made each individual student that came through the program feel as if they were part of a bigger family. I always felt as if I had someone to go to and rely on for anything from travel advice to a hug when I was missing home.

I just really wish I could've stayed forever! Thank you to TEAN for truly making this the best 4 months of my life.
Hannah

Best Semester of My Life on the Goldie

Studying abroad is a once in a lifetime chance-unless you’re lucky enough to be able to do it multiple semesters in college-and TEAN is the program to go through!! I studied abroad in Gold Coast, Australia at Bond University and would do it again if I could. I was living my best life every day on the Goldie! Thanks to TEAN for some amazing events with great photo opportunities like snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef to the Q1 Skypoint Climb above all of the Gold Coast coastline my Instagram game was continuously on point! I’m so thankful for the support from the staff once I was in Australia they really helped it become my home away from home. TEAN is a study abroad program that offers the maximum help every step of the way and is worth every penny you have to pay for the program!!

Rachael

A DREAM COME TRUE

TEAN Study Abroad on the Gold Coast was by far the most professional, comprehensive, and caring program to choose for my study abroad experience. From the introductory e-mail, to the first step off the plane, to the tearful departure back home, TEAN made me feel profoundly comfortable to leave home for four months entrusting them with a truly formative experience in my life. TEAN was exceedingly transparent and thorough with each and every leg of my abroad experience. They also had remarkable communication to ensure every phone call and e-mail was returned without fail.

Studying on the Gold Coast was absolutely picture perfect. The convenience of the public transportation system allowed us to enjoy the coastline of sensational beaches, rainforest scenery hidden in the mountains, or the nooks and crannies of urban culture scattered in each city. There are plenty of coffee shops filled with locals catching up over a cuppa, kabob shops blaring music for the nightlife goers, or a local artist’s markets on the weekends intriguing your inner tourist. There is absolutely something for everyone.

The apartment style living I was fortunate enough to live in on the Gold Coast was luxurious to a tee, and I felt so blessed to be able to call Peppers Broadbeach my home. We were treated like family by the staff at Peppers, and they were considerably generous to all our needs and concerns. If you don't mind a quick public bus ride to school every day and living 30 seconds from one of the most beautiful beaches ever... I strongly recommend.

Studying at Bond University during my time in Australia was much like my home university. The buildings were all in one cohesive location, the classrooms were modern, and the campus was aesthetically pleasing. The transition of coursework from American style teaching to Australian was a bit of a transition, but TEAN students rallied together to help one another and I never felt alone or lost thanks to them.

I am extremely grateful to have chosen TEAN for my study abroad experience because I now have a network of people who are considered family. Thank you TEAN for being the gift that keeps on giving to everyone you meet.

The only thing I can possibly think of is to have more events as a whole, i.e. family dinners with TEAN students.
Peaches Avre
Peaches

Best 4 Months Of My Life!

I had such an amazing time abroad in Australia and TEAN only made it more amazing! They were such a great support system and was always there if I had any questions. They gave very good tips on where to travel to, what to try out, how to travel, and what to expect. My time abroad has made me discover a better sense of myself and the world around me. If you have the option to go through a program abroad, choose TEAN!

Provide transportation from and to the airport.
Emily

Best Four Months of My Life

When researching which program I should use to study abroad to Australia I looked at many different programs. I am so happy that I decided to choose TEAN. Before I applied I contacted a few of their representatives and they were extremely helpful. I also talked to students who studied abroad with them in the past and had no bad things to say. After my own experience with using this program I can honestly say that I was amazed with how helpful, organized, and dedicated their program and staff are. They truly made my experience unforgettable. Their orientation helped me become acquainted with other abroad students before school started. Also the staff made suggestions on which clubs we should join and the best places to go around the Gold Coast. Their helpful positive attitude and being able to meet others helped me feel more at home with the huge change. They set up different activities throughout the semester that I would have never had the opportunity to do without them. TEAN truly helped make my four months studying abroad the best four months of my life. Anyone traveling abroad should go through TEAN if they have the opportunity to do so.

Sarah

The Best Four Months Of My Life

TEAN made studying abroad so easy and fun, I couldn't have seen it going any better. They know how to provide enough structure and support while allowing you to make the experience what you choose. I lived in an amazing apartment right on the beach while being close to amazing surfing, hiking, and restaurants. I also was able to travel all around Australia in addition to making it to Thailand and New Zealand, all must see places while being in the part of the world. Any questions or concerns I had I knew I could go to the TEAN staff and they would help me with whatever I needed. This experience encouraged me to be more independent and adventurous, pushing me out of my comfort zone and allowing me to really live my life here to the fullest. I truly loved the Gold Coast and my entire abroad experience.

Nick

Best four months of my life!

Going abroad was easily the best decision I have made in my life. Deciding on a program was tough but once I discovered TEAN through my university, the rest of the process was simple. One of the main reasons I decided to choose Griffith University in the Gold Coast was because of its unique campus look and also the variety of courses it offers. While I was living in Gold Coast, I was able to visit many of its scenic hikes and close by beaches including Coolangatta and Byron Bay. My biggest tip to students interested in studying abroad would be to go with your gut and do what you want to do. There were many times that I hesitated on doing something because no one else was doing it, but being abroad is a time for you to be independent and search for things you are interested in. I was fortunate enough to also take the community internship course that Griffith University offers which easily set me up with an organization suited to my field of study. Having an internship abroad was an opportunity that many students do not get to experience, so if you have the chance to do it, go for it! I would also advise students to start budgeting their money as soon as they arrive in their host city. I thought it was going to be easy but after booking trips and spending money on food and drinks, I realized that budgeting was going to become my main priority in order to have enough money for the rest of my time abroad. If you do have time, I would suggest traveling to Thailand and the south island of New Zealand. I was able to visit both of those places and cannot wait to go back to them. The experience I had and the people I met along my journey will never be forgotten and I really hope that other students get to enjoy the same experience as I did.

I do not think TEAN needs to improve anything. From the process of applying to my departure to Gold Coast, everything ran smoothly and the staff at TEAN was extremely helpful.
Gabriella

Incredible Experience!

The Education Abroad Network is a great program to work with when considering study abroad options! The moment I applied for the Australian program TEAN had someone in constant contact with me to help plan out every detail and requirement needed for me to leave to Australia and return home safely. They also provided an amazing weeklong orientation in Cairns that really helped me adjust from being so far away from home. In addition, they provided awesome housing in a beautiful location, helped me plan classes to ensure I wouldn’t be behind when I returned home, planned additional trips such as a week long trip to Melbourne, and always had someone available for us to be in contact with for any questions or issues. TEAN really helped make my experience abroad an incredible one and if I could I would do it all over again!

Jenna

An Eye Opening Experience

Studying abroad was something I always had my mind set on. I can positively say that I was not disappointed. From preparing for my departure to getting settled in Australia, the TEAN staff were very welcoming and helpful. I adjusted very quickly to a new country and experienced the best four months of my life.

TEAN really helped me to get a feel of what the true Australia was like. They organized our program to attend rugby games, surf, visit iconic areas, and more. On top of that, Australians are very friendly, and building friendships with them only made the transition to this new lifestyle smoother.

Australia is a very adventurous country. There is so much to do from hiking to surfing or just lounging at their gorgeous beaches. You will never get bored since there is always somewhere new to explore. I was very lucky to get the chance to go abroad and I made the right decision to choose the Gold Coast.

Madeline

The Best Decision I Ever Made

I had never traveled before my semester abroad in Australia, 10,000 miles away from home. The TEAN staff not only prepped me and kept in touch the entire time I was going through the application process but once I was admitted and organizing everything as well. They have a step by step process to ease the stress on the student that works wonders. After getting to my location the TEAN staff on the ground was amazingly fun and helpful. We had a lot of freedom, but there was also structure and support if we needed it. I cannot believe how lucky I was to have chosen easily the best program for study abroad in Australia. I made a lot of American friends at my university who were in different programs and they were all envious of all the things TEAN provided us with such as the week long orientation full of once in a lifetime activities. I would not change a thing about my experience through TEAN.

Erika

Golden Life in the Golden City

From the moment I touched down in my destination city, this program was everything I could've dreamed of. TEAN staff made sure everything was taken care of, whether it was rides to the airport or making sure we knew where the grocery store was. I may be a little biased, but I think the Gold Coast is one of the friendliest cities in Australia. The beaches are something from a travel blog, there's always something exciting going on, with mountains and a rainforest and beaches all within an hour's drive, you really couldn't ask for more. TEAN helps to make sure you're taking full advantage of it all as well- within the first two months, they'd already set us up with a surf lesson (turns out I wasn't born a pro surfer, but it was still a blast), taken us to scuba dive on the great barrier reef, visited a wildlife sanctuary to pet kangaroos, and taken us to a rugby game to learn about the local sports. I can honestly say the time I spent on the Gold Coast was truly golden, and I would do it all over in a heartbeat.

About The Education Abroad Network

The Education Abroad Network (TEAN) is a full-service international education provider specializing in immersive study and internship programs throughout Asia Pacific. Creating close partnerships the best universities in Australia, New Zealand and...