Study Abroad in Wollongong, Australia: Semester or Academic Year

AIFS Study Abroad in Wollongong, Australia

Get to know the Land Down Under while studying abroad for a semester or academic year in the city of Wollongong, Australia! Earn up to 16 credits per semester on the Full Curriculum Program or Business Internship Program studying at the University of Wollongong.

Business or Commerce majors studying abroad in Wollongong can participate in a Business Internship Program! This program combines a 16-day internship in a local organization with classroom-based learning and assessments.

Enjoy excursions and social activities such as museum and gallery visits, walking tours, surf lessons and more. Outings and day trips include:
• Sydney Harbor Cruise
• Blue Mountains Excursion
• Jervis Bay day trip
• Surfing lesson.
AIFS also offers an optional Pacific Studies Program in Fiji for 1 credit at the University of the South Pacific prior to the start of term.

• Surfing Lessons
  • Blue Mountains Excursion
  • Earn up to 16 credits with transcripts issued by University of Wollongong
  • 3-day orientation in Sydney
  • Internship and volunteer opportunities

AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships
AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships, Grants & Financial Support

We believe a study abroad experience is an essential component of well-rounded university education and we are committed to providing financial assistance to as many students as possible in support of their goal to study abroad.

$500 - $5,000

Lauryn

The adventure of a lifetime

I was able to make so many memories within a few months because Wollongong has some of the best people, places and things to do. There was always something to do and something to experience. The area itself provided me with freedom to go to the city to explore, shop and eat great food. If I wanted a more outdoorsy feel I could simply walk a few minutes with a friend and hike up a mountain to see all of the city below us. If it was a beach day, then I would take the short trek (about 1/2 a mile) to the beautiful beach that was scattered with surfers and unlimited photo ops. AIFS made the study abroad process almost hassle free which allowed me to soak up as many moments as I possibly could.I grew so much within my experiences there and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would wake up early and watch the sunrise every single morning. It is one of the most beautiful places to watch the sun rise up over the ocean and I was able to see it many times, but the mornings that I missed it I felt extremely sad.