University of Western Australia: Study Engineering in Perth

$5000 a year scholarship

UWA is offering an automatic scholarship of $5000 per year to students who are members of the National Society of High School Scholars (NSHSS) that apply to study their full Bachelor's degree at UWA! UWA's undergraduate programs are only three years, and more and more Americans are choosing to study their degree at UWA to save time and money while earning a fantastic education.

The University of Western Australia is the oldest university in the state of WA and is well-known for its programs in engineering. UWA offers degrees in the following types of engineering: Chemical, Civil (ranked #48 in the world, QS 2017), Electrical & Electronic, Environmental, Mechanical, Mining (ranked #11 in the world, QS 2017), Oil & Gas and Software Engineering.

Popular classes include: Renewable Energy, Petroleum Engineering, Gas Processing - Flow Assurance, Coastal and Offshore Engineering, Underground Construction, Robotics, Power Electronics, Wastewater Engineering and more!

UWA engineering graduates also have the highest starting salaries in Australia (approximately $69,1264 AUD per year) according to the Good Universities Guide 2016 and are well sought after by employers.

And don't forget about the opportunity to do research with a professor, too. How about in UWA's Centre for Energy or the UWA Centre for Offshore Systems?

UWA even accepts FAFSA loans, so apply now!

• choose from 8 different engineering disciplines
  • opportunity to do undergraduate research
  • world renowned engineering in oil and gas, civil engineering and mining
  • close partnerships with industry leaders, such as Chevron
  • Group of 8 university ("Australia's Ivy League")

Ligia

Unforgettable Memories

Studying abroad may be a little scary at first, but it's also one of the most rewarding experiences a college student can have.
I remember when I first arrived in Perth... I had trouble adapting to the city, the language, the culture (and the jet lag, of course!).
But as soon as the classes started, it began to feel like home. The university embraced the new students by promoting social events, lectures, orientations for exchange students, Counselling and Psychological Services, everything with great affection to make us feel like part of that community.
Even when I had a little accident trying to skate, the school’s nursery assisted me in the best way they could.
In a place like that, all I wanted to do was to study, explore and unterstand the culture of that amazing country.
Today I see that studying in a different education system has provided me knowledge I would never get back home. It also made me more independent and self-confident because I had to adapt to all types of situations.
But most of all, in this program I gained life experience: friends all over the world, amazing sights, new foods, great stories.

Thank you UWA, for the unforgettable memories!

Carolina Vivian

The best experience of my life

During my time in Australia and UWA I learned unique lessons and had contact with people from different cultures and backgrounds. This experience improved my communication skills and my ability to work both individually and as part of a team. This experience provided me with an approach to deal with different opinions and challenging situations, contributing to my ability to innovate and create ideas. This experience and opportunity was definitely the greatest achievement of my career and life.

About The University of Western Australia

The University of Western Australia is located in the amazing city of Perth, the hub of the mining and resources industry in Australia. Ranked #91 in the world in 2018, UWA is located 5 minutes from the bustling city centre and only 10 minutes from...