TEAN: Sports & Exercise Psychology Summer Program

Love sports? So do the Aussies. Dive into Australia’s popular sports culture and industry while learning about sport and exercise psychology from a range of leading professors, professionals and athletes. Designed as an introductory 3-credit course for students interested in a range of health and exercise science studies, along with student athletes and sports enthusiasts, this traveling course moves across the country through Melbourne, the Gold Coast and Cairns. In-class lectures are complemented by diverse field trips, personal fitness training or even surfing , guest speakers and more. You’ll also have the opportunity to dive in the Great Barrier Reef, explore the beautiful of Byron Bay, discover multi-cultural Melbourne and enjoy beach-side living on the chilled-out Gold Coast.

Nick

Fantastic opportunity of Australian culture while learning Sports Psychology.

This program was only about 11 students which was perfect for easily getting to know everyone in the group. We had a really close relationship with each other and the professor on the trip because of this. The group size allowed us to do the majority of events together and travel around the cities we stayed in with ease. The course we took was Sports Psychology and we were able to relate the course to the sports we got to see while on the trip which added a lot of value to our learning.
The course gave me a look into the psychology behind sports and athletes. Methods used to perform optimally in sports and things that can affect the mind when competing at the highest level. This course was great in discussion-based assignments and learning while in the country of Australia by seeing different sports played in person.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
I got the opportunity to Bungie jump when I was in Australia as part of our free time. This was a very nerve-racking moment. I overcame it by just trusting myself and the people around me and knowing that the thrill would be worth it. This proved to be one of the highlights of the trip and it was quite a way to end the study abroad experience. Now I can say I Bungie jumped in Australia and have the video the prove it.
Read my full story