View Other Details
Whether you’re fascinated by engineering or ecology, health sciences or humanities, CIEE has a study abroad program perfect for you in Sydney.
Multicultural Sydney welcomes students from around the globe with open arms. Once a British penal colony, today the largest city in the land down under is host to some 35,000 international students who enjoy Sydney’s sunny skies, outdoor lifestyle, national parks, arts, culture, and more.
- CIEE Sydney is located in the city center, with easy access to public transportation and some of the best sites Sydney has to offer.
- Kayak with fellow students through Sydney Harbor
- Attend a performance at the renowned Sydney Opera House
- Depending on their program of study and availability, students may be able to participate in an internship or volunteer.
- Do Sydney on your own terms by customizing your experience through the Open Campus program. Take one, two, or three six-week blocks, select your academic track from six options, then choose your courses from a wide range of subject areas.
With CIEE's Open Campus Block Programs, you can design your very own study abroad program to include up to three different locations for 6, 12 or 18 weeks.
Stay in one city the entire time or spend other blocks at our other Open Campus Block locations in Berlin, Buenos Aires, Cape Town, Copenhagen, Dublin, Kyoto, London, Madrid, Monteverde, Paris, Rome, Shanghai, Singapore, or Sydney.
Sydney is one of Southern Hemisphere’s main hubs for trade, finance, tech, and media production. Sydney is both the capital of Australia’s business and the launching point for exchange of goods, services, and ideas with the country’s Asian neighbors.
From arts and humanities to social and historical sciences, you'll find challenging coursework across academic disciplines to advance your degree.
CIEE Scholarships and Grants
CIEE’s need-based grants offer support to students who face financial barriers to studying abroad. CIEE awards need-based grants based on students’ EFCs and program selection. The Gilman Go Global Grant offers students $750-$2,000 toward airfare, plus $2,500 toward semester program costs, or $1,000 toward summer program costs.