CIEE Summer Business and Culture in São Paulo, Brazil

Millions of Americans stop what they’re doing to watch the Super Bowl. For Brazilians, it’s Carnival – which pumps one billion dollars into the economy annually. In Brazil’s business and economic center, explore the impact of this dazzling event and examine the economic challenges facing this rapidly developing country. CIEE’s new Business and Culture Short-Term Program is designed to take advantage of the existing and well-established (since 1989) CIEE Study Center infrastructure in São Paulo in addition to its strong partnerships with local institutions. You’ll also take part in a specialized language learning program, take classes from Brazilian and international faculty, and visit local and international companies – all to prepare you for the world of globalized business.

Kevin

Once in a Lifetime Experience

It remains difficult to express in words the significance that this program has had on my life. CIEE Sao Paulo gave me the opportunity to not only live in one of South America's most prominent cities, but to also attend a world class university with interesting and stimulating classes surrounded by new friends from all corners of the globe.

I was definitely nervous upon first arrival, but after meeting the other students in my group and the knowledgeable, friendly, and supportive staff at CIEE I knew that I was in the right place. I loved that I was surrounded by people with the same mindset for adventure - people that were always willing to join me for a new experience and to gallivant wide-eyed around the city we called home for 5 months. Everything was in constant motion and there was always something to do - whether that be meeting friends at a local coffee shop, learning to dance Samba at a local bar, visiting the local markets, or traveling to a new place in Brasil. I had the chance to meet people from all over the world as well as a local Brazilians - all of whom made the crazy concrete jungle of Sao Paulo feel like a home away from home. I still talk to many of them to this day and know that I have created lifelong friends thanks to the experiences offered to me through CIEE.

CIEE did a wonderful job organizing our Home-stays, and my Brazilian Family truly became a part of my daily life and helped me to understand the complexity of life in Sao Paulo. From conversations about local food, to politics, to helping me learn Portuguese, my Brazilian family became a cornerstone of my experience - all thanks to CIEE and their dedication to finding and pairing students with engaged and experienced hosts.

While those are some of the more important elements of my exchange, it is difficult to describe how everyday there was something new learned, someone new to meet, and something new to see. I absolutely loved my experience in Brazil and I would not have traded it for the world. I hope you, too, get to experience something as unique as CIEE Sao Paulo. Ate mais Brasil, tenho saudades pra vcs e eu espero que voltar em breve

About CIEE

A nonprofit, non-governmental organization, CIEE is the world leader in international study and exchange programs. For 65 years, CIEE has helped thousands of students, professionals, and educators gain the knowledge and skills necessary to live and...