View Other Details
Students are welcomed with open arms in Germany’s capital city, where the cost of living is reasonable, public transportation is excellent, green space is abundant, and businesses – from hip tech start-ups to international conglomerates – thrive.
The thriving global city of Berlin is home to nearly 3.5 million people. Live among the locals and see for yourself why Berlin is ranked among the top for global urban quality-of-life – with excellent public transportation, you’ll have no problem exploring the city’s parks, orchestras, museums, festivals, and historical landmarks.
- CIEE Berlin is conveniently located in the Kreuzberg district – a hub for the arts, music, and digital technology
- Explore Berlin’s city life along the Spree River, well known for its numerous cafés, street musicians, beach bars, flea markets, boutique shops and pop up stores.
- Practice your language skills with weekly activities organized in the residence hall and around the neighborhood, including cooking events, film nights, board-game evenings, and other opportunities designed to help you perfect your German while hanging ou
- Depending on their program of study and availability, students may be able to volunteer or participate in an internship.
- Do Berlin on your own terms by customizing your experience through the Open Campus program. Take one, two, or three six-week blocks, select your academic track from six options, then choose your courses from a wide range of subject areas.
CIEE Scholarships and Grants
CIEE’s need-based grants offer support to students who face financial barriers to studying abroad. CIEE awards need-based grants based on students’ EFCs and program selection. The Gilman Go Global Grant offers students $750-$2,000 toward airfare, plus $2,500 toward semester program costs, or $1,000 toward summer program costs.
Pack your bags and immerse yourself in the rich culture of one of Europe's most dynamic cities this summer. Art, music, and history in a historic backdrop all add to your summer study abroad experience.
Architectural laboratory. Industrial giant. Cultural capital. Germany is the perfect setting to explore your passion – whether it’s art and architecture, business and economics, or German language and culture – or gain professional international experience.
Berlin is the dynamic and fascinating capital city of a country with a complex history. As a center of German cultural and intellectual life, the influence of Berlin reverberates around the world. It offers an incredibly wide range of cultural offerings and has a moderate cost of living, making it an attractive place for artists and young people.