View Other Details
China’s capital city is filled with ancient history and remarkable historic sites, creating the perfect base to push your solid Mandarin skills ahead. Students must be a junior or senior standing and have superior-level Chinese language skills. Take classes with top Chinese students across a range of academic areas, including biology, business, communications, cultural studies, engineering, history, humanities, math, and social sciences at CIEE Beijing and CIEE’s prestigious partner school, Peking University (PKU).
Courses are available in English and Chinese.
Video and Photos
- CIEE Beijing is conveniently located at Peking University and Minzu University.
- Visits to alluring destinations like Pingyao, Yu County, or Xi’an.
- Tours of fascinating sites loaded with history, like Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City.
- Hikes along the Ming Great Wall for a magnificent view of Chinese history.
- Depending on their program of study and availability, students may be able to participate in an internship or volunteer.
Beijing is the place to give your Mandarin skills a major boost this summer, sharing this city with 22 million Chinese-speaking people . With premier instruction, tutoring, homestay, travel, and awe-inspiring icons like the Great Wall and Forbidden City, you’ll pack a year’s worth of learning into one unforgettable summer.
A fascinating blend of the very old and the ultra-modern, Beijing is home to 15th century treasures like the Hall of Supreme Harmony and stunners like Beijing National Stadium, a.k.a. the Bird’s Nest. The jam-packed cosmopolitan city buzzes with a lively arts scene, and boasts a record number of top research institutions and technology companies.
CIEE Scholarships and Grants
CIEE’s need-based grants offer support to students who face financial barriers to studying abroad. CIEE awards need-based grants based on students’ EFCs and program selection. The Gilman Go Global Grant offers students $750-$2,000 toward airfare, plus $2,500 toward semester program costs, or $1,000 toward summer program costs.