View Other Details
China’s capital city is filled with ancient history and remarkable historic sites, creating the perfect base to push your solid Mandarin skills ahead. Students must be a junior or senior standing and have superior-level Chinese language skills. Take classes with top Chinese students across a range of academic areas, including biology, business, communications, cultural studies, engineering, history, humanities, math, and social sciences at CIEE Beijing and CIEE’s prestigious partner school, Peking University (PKU).
- CIEE Beijing is conveniently located at Peking University and Minzu University.
- Visits to alluring destinations like Pingyao, Yu County, or Xi’an.
- Tours of fascinating sites loaded with history, like Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City.
- Hikes along the Ming Great Wall for a magnificent view of Chinese history.
- Depending on their program of study and availability, students may be able to participate in an internship or volunteer.
Beijing is the place to give your Mandarin skills a major boost this summer, sharing this city with 22 million Chinese-speaking people . With premier instruction, tutoring, homestay, travel, and awe-inspiring icons like the Great Wall and Forbidden City, you’ll pack a year’s worth of learning into one unforgettable summer.
A fascinating blend of the very old and the ultra-modern, Beijing is home to 15th century treasures like the Hall of Supreme Harmony and stunners like Beijing National Stadium, a.k.a. the Bird’s Nest. The jam-packed cosmopolitan city buzzes with a lively arts scene, and boasts a record number of top research institutions and technology companies.
CIEE Scholarships and Grants
CIEE’s need-based grants offer support to students who face financial barriers to studying abroad. CIEE awards need-based grants based on students’ EFCs and program selection. The Gilman Go Global Grant offers students $750-$2,000 toward airfare, plus $2,500 toward semester program costs, or $1,000 toward summer program costs.